Windows 10: Keyboard changed on logon

Discus and support Keyboard changed on logon in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have 2 languages defined (French and English) both with 2 keyboards defined. Attachment 7888 Default is English and this is (correctly) used on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by adamf, Nov 3, 2014.

1. adamf Win User

Keyboard changed on logon

I have 2 languages defined (French and English) both with 2 keyboards defined.
    Attachment 7888

Default is English and this is (correctly) used on log-on screen. When I get to desktop however it always defaults to French language with French keyboard.

Attachment 7889

Anyone else get this?

:)

adamf, Nov 3, 2014

2. Keyboard stopped working sudden after update

Yes, I tried this multiple times, with 10, 15, 30 minutes even hours, and nothing changes, just the same logon screen but with no keyboard nor touchpad

Erick DElia, Nov 3, 2014
  3. Numlock on startup using Win 10 Home

As I indicated previously:

To turn on NumLock prior to logon, then change this key in the registry

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Keyboard

and change the value of "InitialKeyboardIndicators" from

to

(just add 2)

then reboot the computer.

steve

Steve Cochran, Nov 3, 2014
  4. Kari Win User

Have you told Windows to override default input language settings and use a specific language?

Keyboard changed on logon [​IMG]

Kari, Nov 3, 2014
  5. adamf Win User
    I was using the language list (recommended) setting so it should have picked up English as it was top. I changed it to override to English anyway and it now works. This is fine as a workaround for me. Thank you.

Incidentally I upgraded with the same settings from 8.1 where it worked as expected.

adamf, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Keyboard changed on logon - Similar Threads - Keyboard changed logon

2. Changing Boot & Logon Screens

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Boot & Logon Screens: I'm making a theme for myself & have a few questions: 1. How do I change the Windows 10 Boot Screen & can I have it show a different image each time? 2. How do I change the Windows 10 Logon/Lock Screen & can I have it show a different image each time? 171585
  3. Keyboard only works AFTER logon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard only works AFTER logon: It has to be some service that is started too late. I have to use the onscreen keyboard to type in my password. After that, everything works fine. Windows fully up to date. Build 19041.450 Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600. Device Manager says no problems. 164118
  4. Shortcut to change user on logon screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut to change user on logon screen?: Is there a keyboard shortcut to change from an user to another on the logon screen? submitted by /u/filmol [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f6scf4/shortcut_to_change_user_on_logon_screen/
  5. No keyboard and mouse on logon screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No keyboard and mouse on logon screen: Hi all, I have not been able to login to my system as the keyboard and mouse are not working. This happened after I installed NoxPlayer (an android emulator) and got a green screen of death? Things I have Tried: -Using Different USB Ports -Different Mouse and Keyboard...
  6. no keyboard no mouse at logon screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no keyboard no mouse at logon screen: In order to logon I need to press CTRL ALT DEL. The keyboard and mouse don't work. When using an external keyboard or mouse, only the mouse will work. I am not being able to login on my windows and my computer is worthless. I hope someone can help because I'm getting...
  7. Automatically change logon screen wallpaper

Automatically change logon screen wallpaper: Hi It took me a while to discover that the lock screen and the logon screen are not the same thing. Thankfully I know know that they are different things. Whenever I startup windows 10 I always land on the login screen, perfect for security reasons (the password)...
  8. Change Logon Screen Wallpaper

Change Logon Screen Wallpaper: On the screen where you type your password in, has anyone found a way to change the wallpaper? It's blue windows in smoke and does not match the rest of my theme. Thanks. 12161
  9. changing logon account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    changing logon account: Hi my laptop currently signs in with an @Hotmail email account and password, I want to change this to a different @Hotmail account but it seems I need to change it to a "local" account first. What is a "local" account? Can I have two laptop logon to the same...
  10. Weird keyboard behaviour at logon

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird keyboard behaviour at logon: I found myself unable to log on because typing my windows password was impossible ( managed to do it with on screen keyboard ) the problem is that when i press " i " for example it types "]i", when i press u for example it types " hyu " and very strange when i press...