Windows 10: Keyboard dead during bootup

Discus and support Keyboard dead during bootup in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to replace my old Dell keyboard with a G.Skill Ripjaws gaming keyboard. Unfortunately, it only works after the system boots up, which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Newmaven, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Newmaven Win User

Keyboard dead during bootup

I'm trying to replace my old Dell keyboard with a G.Skill Ripjaws gaming keyboard.

Unfortunately, it only works after the system boots up, which means I can't use function keys at bootup.

I've written to G.Skill already. But just in case this problem is not a glitch in my particular keyboard, can anyone suggest a cause and cure?

:)

Newmaven, Mar 26, 2017
  2. rahul_007 Win User

Windows 10 USB Devices not working after installation

Tried with a different keyboard and mouse. The mouse and keyboard work during the bootup but when it gets into the installation, I can't use it. Therefore I still can't get pass the enter the home country/region, time zone, keyboard layout page for days
    now.

rahul_007, Mar 26, 2017
  3. Multiple Bluetooth Connections

No problem. Maybe it has already made the connection during bootup and it just "keeps" it even if you turn off the radio. I know it is not the greatest solution but it wouldn't be viable for me to disable BT 'cuz I have BT keyboard and mouse that I need.

Resourceful, Mar 26, 2017
  4. clam1952 Win User

Legacy USB enabled in the bios?

clam1952, Mar 26, 2017
  5. spunk Win User
    As stated, boot into Setup (Bios) go to Integrated Peripherals, look for Legacy USB or Keyboard, if it is Disabled, using your Arrow and Enter keys, Enable it. Save and Exit.

spunk, Mar 27, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    Also, haven't yet seen a motherboard that has built-in support for the USB 3.0 ports, have to wait until the OS loads to get that. Legacy USB is usually version 2.0, may have to assure plugging into the black ports instead of the blue ones.

Berton, Mar 27, 2017
  7. Newmaven Win User
    I heard back from G.Skill -- they suspect a problem with the KB's firmware. However, I had a problem fixing that per their instructions. Will try your solution, too.

(I was using USB 2.0 ports, though I have added a board for USB 3.0)

Newmaven, Mar 27, 2017
  8. Newmaven Win User

G.Skill tech support guided me to software and switch settings that solved the problem. I did connect it to a pair of USB 2.0 jacks; this may also have helped because I suspect my USB 3.0 jacks (on an add-in board) might not be activated till Windows kicks in.

Newmaven, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Keyboard dead during bootup - Similar Threads - Keyboard dead during

2. laptop showing gibberish language during bootup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    laptop showing gibberish language during bootup: I have an issue with my laptop So one day I was watching a movie on my laptop my screen blacked outAnd it showed this windows error when I turned it on again and i couldn't fix this windows error so after few days i turn it back on it this media test failure check cable ok...
  3. laptop showing gibberish language during bootup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop showing gibberish language during bootup: I have an issue with my laptop So one day I was watching a movie on my laptop my screen blacked outAnd it showed this windows error when I turned it on again and i couldn't fix this windows error so after few days i turn it back on it this media test failure check cable ok...
  4. laptop showing gibberish language during bootup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My screen crashes or freezes during bootup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My screen crashes or freezes during bootup: Hello this problem is from a week and I cannot use my pc I think it’s a graphics driver issue but I cannot get to safe mode to do anythingHere is a example :https://streamable.com/26sy8j...
  6. Option to choose OS is not appearing during bootup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Option to choose OS is not appearing during bootup: Hi. I had set up Ubuntu 20.04 on my existing Windows 10. Until a couple of weeks ago, I would get an option to choose the OS during startup, but now my laptop directly boots up Windows 10 without providing me a choice. What should I do to bring that option back? submitted...
  7. Mouse and keyboard not working on bootup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and keyboard not working on bootup: I use a Logitech wireless USB keyboard and mouse combo. On booting up, they are not useable until some 20 seconds after Windows has loaded. This means I cannot press DEL to enter BIOS setup, F12 to select boot drive, select which operating system I would like, and so forth....
  8. Dead Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dead Keyboard: I spilled water on my keyboard and of course it is now dead. Would attaching an external keyboard work in allowing me to access all my 'stuff' which I cant access. now. TUVM...
  9. Black screen and WAIT during bootup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen and WAIT during bootup: For two years I have had three hard drives installed. One small one went bad and at bootup I would get that information with "Press F1 to resume" which I would do and then windows would load. I upgraded to windows 10 from 7 three weeks ago, same message, and no problem, as it...
  10. black screen during bootup

in Windows 10 Support
    black screen during bootup: During boot up I get a black screen for about 1 min then the login for my account. I notice a lot of hard drive activity during the black screen. I'm using amd-catalyst-15.10beta-64bit-win10-win8.1-win7-oct12.exe (latest one). Win 10 works fine except for the black screen....