Windows 10: Keyboard disappeared after windows update

Discus and support Keyboard disappeared after windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After an Windows 10 update on our other PC, the key board failed to turn on. I checked with the desktop key board an noticed that he key board (s) are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Johannes, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Johannes Win User

Keyboard disappeared after windows update

After an Windows 10 update on our other PC, the key board failed to turn on.
    I checked with the desktop key board an noticed that he key board (s) are not listed in the device manager.
    What can I do to recover the driver/key board? I tried the drivereasy.com program, but it did not listed a key board driver as being missing or out dated.

:)

Johannes, Aug 9, 2017
  2. JillAZ Win User

keyboard disappeared after updates

My keyboard disappeared after an update at end of July but there were several and I don't know which caused the problem. I have read the threads and tried deleting the keyboard and looked on the Toshiba site also. Also ran Avira And Malewarebytes and nothing
    helped . All I can use is the onscreen keyboard . The ease of access screen never used to come up and now it comes up automatically as if they were swapped . Toshiba satellite model running windows 10.

JillAZ, Aug 9, 2017
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    keyboard disappeared after updates

Hi,

Try using external keyboard and check if you are able to use. Follow the Methods below and check.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Hardware and sound under Troubleshoot computer problems.

• Click on Hardware and devices under Devices.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware and devices dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    You may also refer to the below link by Andre De Costa for information on how to install and update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Method 2: As you are facing this issue after installing Windows updates, let us try to perform a system restore and check.

System restore: This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and when you
    create a restore point manually. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

Refer to the section “Use installation media to restore or reset your PC”
    in the following article to perform a system restore:

Recovery options in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Disclaimer: Though it is said that System Restore does not affect your personal information such as email, documents, photos, videos, etc., but there is highly possible that some of your personal files are deleted while system
    restoring.

During System Restore, there may be errors and such errors may cause damage to the files that are present in the system. And, computer shutdown during restoring process may also lead to file loss. Sometimes when System Restore is failed, it may lead
    to loss of important files as well.

Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 9, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Hi there. The votes aren't all in, but it seems this update has borked some systems in that Windows isn't seeing some peripherals at all.

Try going to the manufactures website to see if they have a driver for your model.

Tony K, Aug 9, 2017
  5. Johannes Win User
    I did that and they did not have even the windows 10 OS listed the PC is
    a HP 400f

Johannes, Aug 10, 2017
  6. Johannes Win User
    Thanks for the reply HippsieGypsie, I tried another USB port at the front of the PC and this time the keyboard works again.

Johannes, Aug 10, 2017
  7. Tony K Win User
    I see. So it was the USB port the wireless keyboard dongle was in or the dongle itself wasn't recognized. Strange in that the back one didn't work. Did you try plugging it back in the original port again? Just wondering if those rear ports work.

Glad something worked out for you, though. *Smile

Tony K, Aug 10, 2017
  8. Johannes Win User

The PC with the problem was our other one which had a wired keyboard.
    I shall try to plug it back in the original port again to see if it works in that one.

Johannes, Aug 10, 2017
  9. Tony K Win User
    I see. It could have been a strange fluke in that it wasn't seated correctly.

BTW, there is a fairly new option now to list two systems in your Settings Control Panel is you would want to fill out your other system.

Tony K, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Keyboard disappeared after windows update - Similar Threads - Keyboard disappeared update

2. My keyboard is not working after windows update. Backlight comes on at boot then disappears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard is not working after windows update. Backlight comes on at boot then disappears: My keyboard is not working after windows update. Backlight comes on at boot then disappears https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-is-not-working-after-windows-update/0fb70b81-7d37-403f-895d-d2d9df34dc9f
  3. My keyboard is not working after windows update. Backlight comes on at boot then disappears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard is not working after windows update. Backlight comes on at boot then disappears: My keyboard is not working after windows update. Backlight comes on at boot then disappears https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-is-not-working-after-windows-update/0fb70b81-7d37-403f-895d-d2d9df34dc9f
  4. Bluetooth disappeared after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth disappeared after Windows update: After the latest Windows 10 update, my Bluetooth has disappeared. I've been in chat with Microsoft support, but so far, they haven't been able to help. this is the second time this has happened to me. I have a Lenovo Yoga laptop. Does Anyone have a fix?...
  5. Bluetooth disappeared after Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth disappeared after Windows update: After the latest Windows 10 update, my Bluetooth has disappeared. I've been in chat with Microsoft support, but so far, they haven't been able to help. this is the second time this has happened to me. I have a Lenovo Yoga laptop. Does Anyone have a fix?...
  6. Windows 10 update not disappearing after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update not disappearing after update: So I am an avid gamer and I like to play minecraft and on an older version I play recently I have been getting really bad FPS after finding a post on a form from a person how was having the same problem and I have found that the problem is that some drivers are out of date...
  7. Bluetooth Disappears After Windows Update

Bluetooth Disappears After Windows Update: Hello! I purchased this Bluetooth dongle 3 days ago on amazon, and it was working perfectly until a windows update appeared and then it just literally disappeared. I installed drivers for the dongle, and it is now only showing "Bluetooth Radios" and under it, it is "CSR...
  8. favorites disappeared after Windows update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    favorites disappeared after Windows update.: I've spent a long time accumulating my favorites. After an automatic Windows update recently, over half of those favorites disappeared. How can I retrieve them? Say there's a way....
  9. Bluetooth disappeared after Windows Update

Bluetooth disappeared after Windows Update: After windows update, my bluetooth disappeared. I ran the troubleshooter and it says this device doesn't have bluetooth. Before the update, both my keyboard and phone were connected via bluetooth, now I can't even turn it on. Please help....
  10. Desktop disappeared after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop disappeared after Windows Update: Dear Microsoft team, I am sorry to say that you are causing me quite some trouble since your last update as my desktop has disappeared. I cannot access it anymore (only see the Apps screen), I don't have any pinned icons/programs anymore in my start bar... frankly, quite...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard disappeared after update