Windows 10: Keyboard does not work in Windows Store/Apps

Discus and support Keyboard does not work in Windows Store/Apps in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Solution: Win+R > taskschd.msc > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > TextServicesFramework. Right click MsCtfMonitor and choose Enable.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Wallboy, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Wallboy Win User

Keyboard does not work in Windows Store/Apps

Solution: Win+R > taskschd.msc > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > TextServicesFramework. Right click MsCtfMonitor and choose Enable. Reboot your PC.

Task missing? If you do not see the task, you can get it back by importing the following XML file as a task.

http://files.cnblogs.com/files/asion/MsCtfMonitor.xml

Just right click and save it to your desktop and then goto your Task Scheduler and in the top menu choose: Action > Import Task and choose the XML file. You can then delete the XML file and reboot your PC for it to take effect.

----------------------

Hello,

My keyboard does not work within Windows Store and it's Apps. I cannot type anything in the search of the store, or within the Xbox App. I can right click and paste in information and click "Go" and that works just fine. But just no keyboard input works. Keyboard works fine everywhere else.

I've googled the issue and I can't find ANY other people have this issue. I think it might be related to when I completely removed Cortana and SearchUI, but I am not sure.

Any ideas of what might be wrong?

:)

Wallboy, Sep 23, 2016

2. Apps store does not work in Windows 10 Computer.

Hi,

Thank you for being part of the Windows 10 family.

Sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

This issue occur if the Windows store is corrupt.

In order to help you better, please provide the information:

Are you login as Microsoft Account?

Refer to the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to run the below Windows Store apps troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issues still persist, refer to the below method.

Method 2: I suggest you to reset the Windows Store component and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key and R Key.

2. Type “wsreset.exe” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 23, 2016
  3. JP DEE Win User
    Apps store does not work in Windows 10 Computer.

Original Title: APP Store

My App store does not work even while connected to the internet

JP DEE, Sep 23, 2016
  4. Keyboard does not work in Windows Store/Apps

Hi, having the same problem, I didn't disable or remove cortina though, I have tried the on screen keyboard with the same results

see my post Modern Apps / UI & Keyboard input

repulseman, Sep 23, 2016
  5. Wallboy Win User
    Well glad it's not only me. Hopefully someone knows how to fix this issue.

Wallboy, Sep 23, 2016
  6. roldis Win User
    For me there is also identical problem with not working keyboard / onscreen keyboard in Windows and metro apps. Tried much things, but nothing helps. Maybe someone knows here, how to fix this issue without reinstalling whole system.

roldis, Sep 25, 2016
  7. Wallboy Win User
    Even in Forza Horizon 3, I can't type anything when it asks to rename my custom blueprint race. It's definitely something with the Windows Store that's causing an issue.

Wallboy, Sep 27, 2016
  8. Wallboy Win User

After hours of going through reverting my custom Windows 10 Tweaks, I isolated the problem. You need to set the TextServicesFramework Task to Enabled and then Reboot your PC and you'll be good to go!

Win+R > taskschd.msc > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > TextServicesFramework. Right click MsCtfMonitor and choose Enable. Reboot your PC.

Wallboy, Sep 28, 2016
  9. 666
    666 Win User
    Thanks Wallboy.
    Fixed the problem *Smile

10. slimm Win User
    Thanks Wallboy, you are a lifesaver. I've been trying to solve this for several days.

slimm, Dec 4, 2016
  11. akshayrij Win User
    Wallboy, I am not able to find MsCtfMonitor, when I click TextServicesFramework nothing shows up. The box is empty, nothing is running. I hope you know the problem.

akshayrij, Mar 14, 2017
  12. i have the same problem too... the box is empty.*Sick*Sick

kosbit1991, Mar 16, 2017
  13. Wallboy Win User

You can get the task back if it was deleted by importing the following XML file in Task Scheduler.

http://files.cnblogs.com/files/asion/MsCtfMonitor.xml

Just right click and save it to your desktop and then goto your Task Scheduler and in the top menu choose: Action > Import Task and choose the XML file.

Wallboy, Mar 25, 2017
  14. IT WORKS!
    Thanks.
    I had to import the task from the XML file.

But why does this problem happen?

Prithul0218, Apr 17, 2017
  15. Wallboy Win User
    The problem likely happens when you use some sort of Windows 10 privacy/tweaking tool that either disables the task or unneededly deletes the task completely.

Wallboy, Apr 18, 2017
Thema:

1. Keyboard does not work in Windows Store/Apps - Similar Threads - Keyboard does Store

2. Keyboard Does Not Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Does Not Work: Hello! To whomever is reading this, I recently experienced an issue with my laptop. I am unsure as to what the exact title is since I received it as a graduation present three years ago, but it is a Lenovo ThinkPad that also flips into a tablet. With that being said, I...
  3. Keyboard Does Not Work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Does Not Work: Hello! To whomever is reading this, I recently experienced an issue with my laptop. I am unsure as to what the exact title is since I received it as a graduation present three years ago, but it is a Lenovo ThinkPad that also flips into a tablet. With that being said, I...
  4. Windows store does not work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows store does not work: Hi, I just installed windows 10 version 1511 and I open the store to install hp smart and does not work. Here is a screenshot and the icon if that might help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-does-not-work/88145825-217e-41af-b965-503720687c20
  5. Windows store does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows store does not work: Hi, I just installed windows 10 version 1511 and I open the store to install hp smart and does not work. Here is a screenshot and the icon if that might help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-does-not-work/88145825-217e-41af-b965-503720687c20
  6. Windows store does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Microsoft Store app does not working. It looks faded.

Microsoft Store app does not working. It looks faded.: I do not know what happened to it. Yesterday I tried to open it to download an app. It was not open. So I switched to the settings menu and clicked the reset button. But it is not yet operational. Also, I tried with power shell with appx replacement command. Nothing happened....
  8. this app does not work on your device Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this app does not work on your device Microsoft store: I bought the Xbox game pass but when trying to download the button cannot be clicked, and when i try to click it it says " make sure to connect your Microsoft account to this device" although i have them connected. I tried resetting the store, some command prompt commands...
  9. Does Microsoft Store apps work without connecting to Microsoft Store?

Does Microsoft Store apps work without connecting to Microsoft Store?: So I use adguard site to install netflix because microsoft store doesn't launch but it seems that netflix won't open up.... It will load forever.... Any help?...
  10. Keyboard does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard does not work: Hi there. My Asus Aspire ES17 Laptop had it’s keyboard frozen such that no typing from any key will produce any input. The mouse seems to work fine and I can click anything as usual. I have rebooted the computer several times with no luck. I can type when I plug in a...