Windows 10: Keyboard Does Not Work When Media Player is Playing Music

Discus and support Keyboard Does Not Work When Media Player is Playing Music in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear Community, Hi. I am having a problem that my keyboard does not work when Windows 10 Media Player is playing music. This started after the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by paulwayne317, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Keyboard Does Not Work When Media Player is Playing Music

Dear Community, Hi.

I am having a problem that my keyboard does not work when Windows 10 Media Player is playing music. This started after the Windows 10 automatic update a couple of months ago. Can anyone please provide a fix for this issue?

Thank you,

Paul

:)

paulwayne317, Jul 20, 2018

2. music player

There is another way that works as well and you don't have to dig into the settings. It gives you control of which music player plays a given codec. Open your music folder On a individual music file right click it at the bottom on the dialog box that opens click properties, in the dialog box that opens look for the box that says Change click this box. It will bring up the choices you have for playing this file. click the player you wish to use for this music file, you want to use, click on the icon for Windows Media player and that makes every music file on your Laptop that uses this file codec WMP as it's default player. When your make your choice at the bottom of the :"change Box" click Apply, then OK, done. This is a handy way of doing this because as good as Window Media Player is is does not play all music such as MKV, OGG, APE files natively. I would suggest you load the music player Foobar2000 it will play all music files, it does not do videos. it is a free music player that does not take up much space on your system.

foobar2000

transmaster, Jul 20, 2018
  3. Media player

Hi,

For us to isolate the issue further, we’d like to know the following:

• What is the version of your Windows Media Player?
    • Did you get any error message? If yes, kindly specify.
    In the meantime, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the
    Windows Media player
    . Here are the steps how to:

• Press Win button + R on your keyboard.
    • In the text box, type Control.
    • On the left pane, click Turn Windows features on or off option to see Windows Features window.
    • Expand Media Feature list, then uncheck Windows Media Player box. It will give a prompt message;
      this will also turn of Windows Media Center click yes as you will need
      to reinstall it after.
    • Reboot PC.
    • You need to reinstall Windows Media Player. Open Windows Features, tick the Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center, then install it from there.

Let us know how it goes.

Sherry Bel, Jul 20, 2018
  4. Keyboard Does Not Work When Media Player is Playing Music

MEDIA PLAYER- unable to play or rip cd's

Hi Christine,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with the issue.

• Did you check if you are able to play using other CD'S?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive when you try to play the cd or try to Rip?

For now let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to check if the rip settings are set correctly as mentioned in this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/change-settings-for-ripping-music

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Windows Media player and check if the issue persists. Refer to these steps to uninstall and reinstall Windows Media player:

• Press Window key + F, select “Settings’ tab below the search box.
    • Type “Turn Windows features ON or OFF” and click on the tile with the same name.
    • Now, expand the “Media features” and uncheck the box against “Windows Media player”.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Now follow the same steps and check the box against “Windows Media player” and
      restart the computer to reinstall.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard Does Not Work When Media Player is Playing Music

1. Keyboard Does Not Work When Media Player is Playing Music - Similar Threads - Keyboard Does Media

2. Media Player won't play a music file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Player won't play a music file.: Media Play won't open a music file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-wont-play-a-music-file/f70ed620-dfe3-4498-8557-fe7be5889dba
  3. Media Player won't play a music file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Player won't play a music file.: Media Play won't open a music file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-wont-play-a-music-file/f70ed620-dfe3-4498-8557-fe7be5889dba
  4. Media Player won't play a music file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. cant play DRM music on media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant play DRM music on media player: cant play drm on media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-play-drm-music-on-media-player/835f0448-712a-427b-a08c-855188da894c
  6. cant play DRM music on media player

cant play DRM music on media player: cant play drm on media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-play-drm-music-on-media-player/835f0448-712a-427b-a08c-855188da894c
  7. Windows Media Player keeps freezing/crashing when playing music

Windows Media Player keeps freezing/crashing when playing music: I keep having Windows Media Player freeze and have tried the built in troubleshooters, reinstalling it, and registering the .dll files. After the latter one it deleted half of my playlists and it worked until I rebuilt those playlists, which suggests that maybe it's playlist...
  8. Windows Media Player will not play Music CD

Windows Media Player will not play Music CD: I am running Windows 10 v.1903 and Windows Media Player v12. All updates were done. When I inserted a music CD into my CD/DVD drive, the Windows Media Player will start, and, after loading the music CD, will start Windows Installer to try to install something (showing just...
  9. Windows Media Player for Windows 10. Music will not play.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Media Player for Windows 10. Music will not play.: Small, red, round dot with x on it has appeared at the start of music title and is unplayable. Any suggestions please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-for-windows-10-music-will-not/c4e82854-c104-4c35-aa75-3a01a907f420
  10. Windows Media Player is not playing the Music Playlist

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Media Player is not playing the Music Playlist: [ATTACH] Windows Media Player in most cases is a much better media player when compared to Groove. We can understand why the Groove Music app was created, but with the music pass aspect dead in the water, maybe it’s time for [...] This post Windows Media Player is not...