Windows 10: Keyboard driver bug in overnight upgrade

Discus and support Keyboard driver bug in overnight upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Expect a plethora of complaints, the new keyboard driver released overnight refuses to take repeat key presses or hold-downs. The fix is to restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rahere, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Rahere Win User

Keyboard driver bug in overnight upgrade

Expect a plethora of complaints, the new keyboard driver released overnight refuses to take repeat key presses or hold-downs.
    The fix is to restart your machine.

The symptom I met was the backspace hold-down would only backspace one space, similary left. right, then "suddenly" became "sudenly" and so on and so forth.

I's a pain to have to restart everything just because the beta testers did a rubbish job - I'm a top tester, I beta-tested the UK Statute Law database and my surname's at the heart of every executable, DLL, Library, driver, you name it - I'm Jeremy Main, and a bad joke in 1968 got it adopted as the start function of one of the first compilers, after IBM commandeered START and BEGIN for BASIC 1 file-handling. I blame Kernigan and Sjoustrup...who confirms that Bell Labs did indeed nick the best ideas from earlier work, as everything we did back then was open source, we were building the industry and so had to work cooperatively. MS please take note, your copyright on almost everything is actually illegal, because huge chunks were the work of your ancestors in the industry.

I'd suggest that this is a major misdemeanour in whoever was supposed to beta test the release, and likely their boss too, it's an utter howler of the second order (I reserve first order howlers for those which destroy machines) as it likely affects every Windows machine in the world - six billion of them, or so. A new broom is what they should have, and you can interpret that in many ways - a new broom for demotion to janitor, a new broom to sweep clean in beta-testing put in their place, a new broom at the masthead to imitate the Dutch Admiral van Tromp who decided to sweep the seas clear of English pirates. Yo ho me hearties...

:)

Rahere, Mar 17, 2018

2. Window 10 upgrade but keyboard does not work at login

I upgraded from Windows 7 to windows 10. It worked fine for a few days but after an overnight auto upgrade of windows 10 my keyboard does not work and I can't login. I searched the web forums but I have not been able to find an answer on how to get logged
    in to apply any fixes or reload the drivers. Anyone have an Idea.

I have tried to reboot a number of times, I tried to change usb ports, I tried a different keyboard but to no avail. My mouse still works.

SamBooker0226, Mar 17, 2018
  3. Keyboard and mouse lock up while using windows 10

just upgraded to windows 10, after a while using , Keyboard and mouse lock up and I have to reboot to get working again, have already used troubleshooter and updated drivers. think its a bug, hope you guys are on it.

gregoryL4508, Mar 17, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard driver bug in overnight upgrade

1. Keyboard driver bug in overnight upgrade - Similar Threads - Keyboard driver bug

2. Drivers Bugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers Bugged: Hello So around a month ago I found a way to unlock my fps for my intel graphics laptop. By downloading intel arc and installing the new graphics. I did and it worked I was on the version 31.0.101.4032 the latest one at the time. And then 2 days later I got a notification of...
  3. Drivers Bugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers Bugged: Hello So around a month ago I found a way to unlock my fps for my intel graphics laptop. By downloading intel arc and installing the new graphics. I did and it worked I was on the version 31.0.101.4032 the latest one at the time. And then 2 days later I got a notification of...
  4. Keyboard Layout Bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Layout Bug: 4 out of 5 times I start my computer I have the wrong keyboard layout. The configuration just doesn't work!!!! I need to work!!!!! This is a recorrent issue in Microsoft Windows!!! How complicated is to create a OS that works properly at his most basic requirements? Like...
  5. Windows 10 Home upgraded to Enterprise overnight

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home upgraded to Enterprise overnight: I was using a Win 10 Home activated through my Microsoft account happily for a few months on this new PC, but today I got the "Activate Windows" in the lower right corner of my screen, when going into the settings it now says Windows 10 Enterprise, Not activated. After a...
  6. keyboard bug?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard bug?: Windows 10 dev team, I am running windows 10 x64. ver.exe reports: 10.0.18363.900. All updates are installed as of this writing. Certain applications do not accept keystrokes. Most do. Two examples where my keyboard input is completely ignored are: 1. If I select a wifi...
  7. Keyboard bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard bug: In the last couple of hours my machine developed a strange bug. When I type: if I'm typing in Word, dialog boxes open, menus get highlighted, the cursor location changes, perhaps as if the ctrl or tab key were being activated; if I'm typing in a URL bar, the text gets...
  8. Weird Keyboard Bug!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Keyboard Bug!: So i completed my PC build around 2 months ago and literally can't get off it but there's this one annoying thing were my Keyboard suddenly enters a shortcut mode and i can't type anything, the only thing that solves the issue is a complete shutdown of the PC. This is gonna...
  9. RealTek Drivers uninstalling overnight

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RealTek Drivers uninstalling overnight: After the latest Windows Update Feb 14th my Realtek Drivers uninstall themselves overnight. I will reinstall them in the am, everything's fine.....speakers working but then after a few hours they disappear. Any ideas?...
  10. Keyboard language bugs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard language bugs: I've been getting an issue for a long time on windows 10 now, I've found numerous threads with the same issue but no resolution. However my issue now is slightly different, but I think I know what may be causing it. Firstly, at times my language bar will bug out. I have US...