Windows 10: Keyboard Driver Disappeared

Discus and support Keyboard Driver Disappeared in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yesterday morning I used my computer before going to work and it had no issues. When I returned from work my keyboard wasn't working. At first I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HecticRat, Jul 30, 2017.

1. HecticRat Win User

Keyboard Driver Disappeared

Yesterday morning I used my computer before going to work and it had no issues. When I returned from work my keyboard wasn't working. At first I assumed the keyboard had died, but just now I traded keyboards with another computer and discovered that the problem wasn't with the keyboard but with the computer.

I Googled the problem to try to find a solution and in the process discovered that my keyboard driver just disappeared while I was at work and my computer was shut down. Or, at least, it doesn't appear in my "device manager". After doing some more Googling, I've already hit a wall in my troubleshooting process, so here I am, looking for help.

:)

HecticRat, Jul 30, 2017
  2. Shilohbob Win User

Surface Keyboard driver disappeared after MS updates

This may sound silly but I have found the just shutting down and restarting waiting a min. or so, (not a 'Restart') sometimes resolves issues as you have mentioned, (occasionally my mouse will stop working correctly).

Just an idea!!!!!!

Shilohbob, Jul 30, 2017
  3. Surface Keyboard driver disappeared after MS updates

Alas, I tried a restart multiple times. The guy at the MS store did too while he was attempting to reinstall the driver. The weird thing is that I thought the Type Cover was supposed to be plug and play.

jt1111_694, Jul 30, 2017
  4. Keyboard Driver Disappeared

Hi HecticRat. Welcome to the TenForums @HecticRat

Are you able to use you mouse?

I would head to Windows update and view Windows Update history. What was just installed either drivers or software.

If you go to device manager and show hidden devices are there any strange devices listed under keyboard? Delete them all. If this is a laptop is the correct Touchpad being identified?

Since you Googled you like already tried using Keyboard on MB integrated ports, and if USB 2.0 in USB 2.0 ports.

You didn't say is it wireless or wired? Actually you didn't mention anything about your device, could you share details. Also what version and build are you running. Windows key + R, type winver, enter.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 31, 2017
Thema:

Keyboard Driver Disappeared

1. Keyboard Driver Disappeared - Similar Threads - Keyboard Driver Disappeared

2. Ethernet Driver Disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Driver Disappearing: Hello,My ethernet driver keeps deleting itself randomly every evening - and I mean deleting, not just disabling. It does not exist in device manager even when I show hidden options. I have reset network adapters, looked for updates of which there are none, and tried numerous...
  3. Sound Drivers disappeared.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Drivers disappeared.: Hello! My name is Gordon and I have a HP Laptop Windows 10 and I seem to have lost my sound. Following instructions it tells me to open Device Manager and uninstall but the drivers /software is not there. I keep getting "failed to create Conexant Audio Factory. The SmartAudio...
  4. Bluetooth driver disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth driver disappeared: Hi,My Bluetooth driver does not exist in device manager settings and I am not able to use Bluetooth devices to connect to my computer. It happened after the latest windows update....
  5. Bluetooth driver disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth driver disappeared: Hi,My Bluetooth driver does not exist in device manager settings and I am not able to use Bluetooth devices to connect to my computer. It happened after the latest windows update....
  6. Keyboard keeps disappearing

Keyboard keeps disappearing: I keep getting the Device Disconnect and Device Connect sounds quite often and then my Drop CTRL keyboard stops working and goes dead. I have the following occur quite often that the keyboard disappears and to get it back, I need to go into the Device Manager and click on...
  7. ethernet driver disappear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ethernet driver disappear: My ethernet driver got just disappeared because i disabled it by mistake so i found a sol to it if same thing happens with you then 1. win+r and type "devmgmt.msc" same as everyone tells u to do but now search for network adapters and in it realtek pci gbe family controler...
  8. Touch Keyboard Disappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touch Keyboard Disappearing: I have an issue that has presented itself in the past month or so, where when using certain programs in tablet mode, the touch keyboard will go away after typing one letter, I can bring it back up but as soon as i touch it again it will once again disappear. I have seen this...
  9. Missing drivers, drivers disappearing

Missing drivers, drivers disappearing: Hi I am using Asus laptop. My laptop touchpad suddenly stop working. No cursor at all. When to the device manger and shock to find out that the driver can't be found at all. Same for my fingerprint sensor driver. Why is this happening? How to solve this issue? Sad to say...
  10. Bluetooth Driver Disappeared!

Bluetooth Driver Disappeared!: Hello, Earlier the Bluetooth in my laptop bugged so I had to deactivate/activate it from the device manager, after doing it twice it just disappeared from there, I can still see it in Services. I tried: Uninstalling and installing everything even different versions for...