Windows 10: Keyboard error on new HD Windows 10 install

Discus and support Keyboard error on new HD Windows 10 install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had a hard drive failure so i installed a new hard drive. Bought a new Windows 10 disk and when I tried to install it I get a keyboard error and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Need4h2o, May 15, 2017.

1. Need4h2o Win User

Keyboard error on new HD Windows 10 install

I had a hard drive failure so i installed a new hard drive. Bought a new Windows 10 disk and when I tried to install it I get a keyboard error and then no boot drive detected. Can't get to the BIOS since it doesn't recognize the keyboard. I've double checked all connections inside the case and I've tried everything I can google on how to get around the keyboard error. Any help is greatly appreciated!

:)

Need4h2o, May 15, 2017
  2. Andrew E. Win User

Windows 10 failure

"Original HD upgrade from 7 to 10","same failure with new HD",2 diffrent installations...With the

2nd install (new HD),was the new HD partitioned & formatted,also,was the old HD/OS unplugged

from pc..With new OS installs,only the HD to accept the OS can be running,once install is thru,

replug other HD if wanted...Also,are the BIOS settings set proper,also,once OS is installed,go to

the pc hardware mfg web site,install the MB software/drivers,the MB chipset software is critical..

Also,chk event viewer for OS details on warnings/errors

Andrew E., May 15, 2017
  3. Install Windows 10 on new HD

Windows 10 Digital License

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Reinstall by Performing a Direct Clean Install

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, May 15, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Is the keyboard plugged into a black USB 2.0 port? If it is plugged into a blue USB port, move it to a black port, preferably one directly on the motherboard itself and not one on the case connected by a cable to the motherboard.

NavyLCDR, May 15, 2017
Thema:

1. Keyboard error on new HD Windows 10 install - Similar Threads - Keyboard error install

2. windows 10 new install keyboard not functional

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 new install keyboard not functional: new acer aspire tc.I tried to install windows 10 when it came to identify the keyboard was not working properly.The numbers and symbols work,but when I try letters,letters show up .but the wrong ones.It's a jumble of letters and symbols.Also the onscreen keyboard is not a...
  3. windows 10 new install keyboard not functional

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 new install keyboard not functional: new acer aspire tc.I tried to install windows 10 when it came to identify the keyboard was not working properly.The numbers and symbols work,but when I try letters,letters show up .but the wrong ones.It's a jumble of letters and symbols.Also the onscreen keyboard is not a...
  4. Change HD, new windows install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change HD, new windows install: Hi! I have a 1TB ssd that is now full and I need to upgrade it to a 4TB. I have a valid win10 pro norwegian product key I got when I updated from my win7 years ago. Where can I find a win10 pro norwegian installer file I can put on a usb drive to use for new install on my...
  5. W10 installation on new HD

W10 installation on new HD: I have an Acer Aspire S3 w hich has a failed hdd. I use it for travels and the odd use of two laptops at home. I wish to replace it with a new ssd drive. I do not have a image of W10 to utilize for reinstalling the the OS., nor can I axcess the the failed harddrive. How do...
  6. Help installing Minecraft for Windows 10 on a new HD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help installing Minecraft for Windows 10 on a new HD: Hi folks, Got my newly repaired computer back and am trying to set everything back up. I own the starter collection for Minecraft and am trying to set it back up on this PC. According to the MS Store app it is installed, but when I try to launch it I get a big orange...
  7. Installing windows 10 to a new HD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing windows 10 to a new HD: I recently had an HD fail and I am stuck replacing it. I assume that I should have no troubles downloading the files I need to get going but what do I do about the install key? Somehow the key sticker on the bottom of the laptop case was damaged to the point of not being able...
  8. Can’t install Windows 10 on a new HD

Can’t install Windows 10 on a new HD: Hi, I have a Lenovo Ideacentre B320 in which I was using Windows 10 1803. After replacing the hd for an ssd I tried to install Windows 10. The install procedure ends without problems. After five minutes using the PC I hear the unplugging/plugging sound, the screen goes black...
  9. New HD/Install windows 10

New HD/Install windows 10: New hd old one crashed. Is there a way to put windows 10 back on that was originally downloaded from the web when they offered it? If I downloaded an windows 10 ISO will it not ask for a key or does it install a media creation tool? I have read some on the comments on the...
  10. Help! HD Failure - Windows 10 Install on new drive?

Help! HD Failure - Windows 10 Install on new drive?: Help and/or advice needed. I have suffered a disastrous hardware failure on my work computer. Apart from the horrendous job of re-installing all my graphics and cartographic applications, I am concerned that I will not be able to re-install my Windows 10 Pro to the same...