Windows 10: Keyboard failure causes unexpected power off

Discus and support Keyboard failure causes unexpected power off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Last night my M-I-L's computer just turned itself unexpectedly. I mean like someone pulled the plug on it. I thought maybe she popped a circuit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NavyLCDR, Oct 15, 2015.

1. NavyLCDR New Member

Keyboard failure causes unexpected power off

Last night my M-I-L's computer just turned itself unexpectedly. I mean like someone pulled the plug on it. I thought maybe she popped a circuit breaker. Power to everything else was on, so turned the computer back on - booted up, gave me the message at bootup about unexpected shutdown, selected start windows normally, gets to the Windows XP loading screen (yeah, I know, she still uses a dial-up fax machine connected to a phone line), then turns off. *Huh

Next round, I select safe mode, the list of drivers loaded started scrolling by and then bloop - power off. *cry

Third round - get the motherboard splash screen, bang on delete key to enter bios - goes right to the unexpected shutdown screen again. *really Hmmm....delete key doesn't work to enter bios, okaaayyy.....

Grab keyboard from my computer, hook it up - everything normal! *Party

Her keyboard that predated the Windows XP she is still using finally shorted out, overloading the USB port and at first chance Windows would kill the power to the computer to prevent damage. Just posting this here for others' reference.

:)

NavyLCDR, Oct 15, 2015

2. Windows 10 freezes

Event ID: 6 reports are not relevant to your problem. They record filters loading immediately post boot. No action is required.

Event ID 41 reports record unexpected shut downs. Where the Bugcheck Code and all four parameters are 0 it means that
    the system lost power unexpectedly. This can be caused by the user pressing the power off button or hardware failure.

Gerry C J Cornell, Oct 15, 2015
  3. Unexpected Power Failure

Thanks Shenan for your response, I haven't had a chance to address the problem yet, it could be a power unit problem.

I just recently blew out the dust before I had this problem. I need to check the Heat sink on the CPU chip & Fan motor

to see if the fan is working, I checked all power connections and they were all tight. I will figure it out eventually, just need more time to work on it. Thanks for your help though.

Steve Capouch, Oct 15, 2015
Thema:

Keyboard failure causes unexpected power off

1. Keyboard failure causes unexpected power off - Similar Threads - Keyboard failure causes

2. Keyboard not detected and driver power state failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard not detected and driver power state failure: Hello, please help me. When i use laptop as usually,suddenly i cant type any of my keyboard, so i tried to restart my laptop and came message on top left say "keyboard not detected" well i tried to fix it myself and none works . I'm also always uptodate my windows . When...
  3. Keyboard not detected and driver power state failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard not detected and driver power state failure: Hello, please help me. When i use laptop as usually,suddenly i cant type any of my keyboard, so i tried to restart my laptop and came message on top left say "keyboard not detected" well i tried to fix it myself and none works . I'm also always uptodate my windows . When...
  4. DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE cause unknown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE cause unknown: Hi all, for almost two weeks now I've been having troubles turning off my PC as every time I shut it down or restart it it takes ~5 minutes then it launches a BSOD with the error "DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE".After reading online what the possible solution could've been I've...
  5. DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE cause unknown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE cause unknown: Hi all, for almost two weeks now I've been having troubles turning off my PC as every time I shut it down or restart it it takes ~5 minutes then it launches a BSOD with the error "DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE".After reading online what the possible solution could've been I've...
  6. HDAudBus causing a driver state power failure 9f?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDAudBus causing a driver state power failure 9f?: Hello everyone, my windows 10 computer continues to shut down at random, displaying the message "Driver State Power Failure". When I open the DMP file, it points to it being the HDAudBus. SYMBOL_NAME: HDAudBus!HdAudBusSelfManagedIoSuspend+93MODULE_NAME: HDAudBusIMAGE_NAME:...
  7. Blue Screen is caused by Driver Power State Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen is caused by Driver Power State Failure: Hello, could anyone analyze the minidump file created when my computer encountered a blue screen? This will help me to know what specific driver is causing the issue. Thank you.Here is the minidump...
  8. Speakers Powering Off Unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speakers Powering Off Unexpectedly: System: Win10 Pro 64-bit build 19042.868 ASUS Model G703GX Frequency of occurrence: about every 45 minutes Detailed description I have a Sony SRS-XB20 Bluetooth speaker. For about a week now, after about 45 minutes listening to music iTunes the speaker powers off. I do...
  9. PC troubles, power failure caused?

in Windows 10 Support
    PC troubles, power failure caused?: Just before my Computer failed I had a series of local power failures. After this It started to boot up funny it would rapidly scroll through the boards diagnostic codes getting to A2 then starting over again several times in the end it stopped on 66. The BIOS screen is not...
  10. sudden power off calls for unexpected error 0x800707e

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sudden power off calls for unexpected error 0x800707e: Hello Team, i have been facing this issue since 3 months. Whenever my power goes off suddenly, on the next start I see the error page "Unexpected error 0x8007007e" and had to run system restore everytime to bring it back to normalcy. please help me with this issue. Thanks...