Windows 10: Keyboard Gets Turned Off During Windows 10 Startup

Discus and support Keyboard Gets Turned Off During Windows 10 Startup in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I don't know if this problem is caused because of latest Windows 10 update or not, but lately I noticed when I turn on my PC, or even restart, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ditendra, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Ditendra Win User

Keyboard Gets Turned Off During Windows 10 Startup

I don't know if this problem is caused because of latest Windows 10 update or not, but lately I noticed when I turn on my PC, or even restart, my keyboard (Corsair K70) gets turned off, while my mouse still working fine. This is the period after bios & logo, when both keyboard & mouse are turned off & then mouse gets turned on again on logon, but my keyboard doesn't. I need to re-plug it to get it working again. They both are connected via USB ports. In device manager also everything is all right, no errors or anything like that. I tried to update driver via device manager. It said "latest driver is already installed".
    What else can I do to solve this problem?

:)

Ditendra, Mar 2, 2016
  2. Jbbl5 Win User

Problems with Windows 10 Computer Reset Function

Thank you for your reply, but I'm not sure you really understand the question. The mouse and keyboard both function appropriately while the computer is booted with Windows 10 and during a portion of the booting process. The problem is that during any
    effort to utilize the computer reset function or other advanced startup functions, the computer prompts me to select a keyboard format, and it is just prior to that keyboard format selection request that both the mouse and keyboard cease to function, making
    it impossible move forward into the computer reset function or other advanced startup functions. You can literally watch the power being turned off from the mouse and keyboard just prior to the keyboard format selection prompt...i.e. the light on the mouse
    turns off and the lights on the keyboard (like caps lock and numerical lock) turn off.

Jbbl5, Mar 2, 2016
  3. Numlock gets always locked after my Windows 10 Notebook boots from a shut-down condition

Thanks a lot, Gerry,

When I turned the Fast Startup Off by unchecking the option, I really found out there are two issues of mine solved.
    Though, I don't know if there are some more issues not yet detected which would be solved as well after turning the Fast Startup Off, and if there are some issues which would appear after turning the Fast Startup Off.

1- The keyboard gets recognised when the computer is booted, and when it is restarted.

2- The Windows Startup sound gets recognised when the computer is booted
    since before turning the Fast Startup off Windows Startup sound was only recongised when the
    computer is restarted.

a cooperator, Mar 2, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Don't use Windows Update for your keyboard driver. Go to the manufacturer of your keyboard, and look up your model, and download the driver from them, install. Then see if that works better. *Smile

OldMike65, Mar 2, 2016
  5. Ditendra Win User
    Problem is that, this keyboard (Corsair K70) doesn't have driver software at all.

Ditendra, Mar 2, 2016
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    Download this file for your keyboard. its ON THEIR site
    Corsair Gaming K65/K70/K95 RGB, Vengeance K70/K95 RGB, STRAFE, STRAFE RGB Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) Software 1.15.36
    02/08/2016 Its latest one.

OldMike65, Mar 2, 2016
  7. Ditendra Win User
    I feel stupid now, cause I went to that site earlier & went straight to their products menu & when didn't see there any drivers, just closed their site. Thought they could have structure like MSI (they have drivers & everything on the same page of product).
    Anyway, will try now your suggestion & say if it worked or not *Smile

Ditendra, Mar 2, 2016
  8. OldMike65 Win User

Hope everything works out for you. *Smile Mike.

OldMike65, Mar 2, 2016
  9. Ditendra Win User
    Thx *Smile
    However, it didn't work. Corsair software says "Unable to detect device". I think it's meant for RGB versions only (mine is standard one color edition, old model).

Ditendra, Mar 2, 2016
  10. OldMike65 Win User
    Go back to their site and ask them.....maybe thru email. they should be willing to help you.

OldMike65, Mar 2, 2016
  11. Ditendra Win User
    I changed ports now & connected my keyboard cables in USB 3.0 ports. They are working now. However I'm still wondering why they stopped working on USB 2.0 ports after some time. Anyway problem is solved for me. Thx for replies Mike *Smile

Ditendra, Mar 3, 2016
  12. OldMike65 Win User
    Glad you got it working .....hope it solved your issue !! Take Care, Mike *Smile

OldMike65, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Keyboard Gets Turned Off During Windows 10 Startup - Similar Threads - Keyboard Gets Turned

2. No Keyboard during Windows 10 Startup Repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Keyboard during Windows 10 Startup Repair: I restored my Windows 10 Desktop to a system image that I had taken with Ease US Todo software a couple of months ago. When I started the desktop after the system image was installed, Windows brings me to ‘Preparing Automatic Repair’. I went to Advanced Options, and then...
  3. No Keyboard during Windows 10 Startup Repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Keyboard during Windows 10 Startup Repair: I restored my Windows 10 Desktop to a system image that I had taken with Ease US Todo software a couple of months ago. When I started the desktop after the system image was installed, Windows brings me to ‘Preparing Automatic Repair’. I went to Advanced Options, and then...
  4. No Keyboard during Windows 10 Startup Repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Backlit keyboard only turns on during startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backlit keyboard only turns on during startup?: The backlit keyboard is pretty important to me, since I work a lot at night. It doesn't work when i press Fn+f4 or Fn+f3 or Fn+space, like I've seen tutorials for. I've dug around the settings and I can't find anything either; there's no options in the control panel, no app...
  6. Backlit keyboard only turns on during startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backlit keyboard only turns on during startup?: The backlit keyboard is pretty important to me, since I work a lot at night. It doesn't work when i press Fn+f4 or Fn+f3 or Fn+space, like I've seen tutorials for. I've dug around the settings and I can't find anything either; there's no options in the control panel, no app...
  7. Windows 10 shuts computer off during startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 shuts computer off during startup: As the title says the computer shuts down before I am able to access anything. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-shuts-computer-off-during-startup/51ec0ac3-b746-447d-bb7e-4f5dea6f10d1
  8. Monitor off during startup.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor off during startup.: So, when I turn on my desktop PC, my monitor doesn't turn on before the login screen. But my PC is clearly on since I can actually go into the BIOS settings, the monitor just isn't on, I can tell because it never gets to the login screen. GPU: GTX 1080 CPU: Intel i7-8700K...
  9. Weird Message During Startup, is there a way to turn it off?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Message During Startup, is there a way to turn it off?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Coocoocow [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e80i1c/weird_message_during_startup_is_there_a_way_to/
  10. Turn off touch keyboard BUT have a keyboard available on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off touch keyboard BUT have a keyboard available on startup: Hi, I have the problem that anytime I touch the screen with my pen (which is what I use instead of a mouse, being an illustrator) the touch keyboard pops up, even though I have a (bluetooth) keyboard attached. I'd like to get rid of this behavior, HOWEVER, it's mandatory...