Windows 10: Keyboard "ghosting" after driver update

Discus and support Keyboard "ghosting" after driver update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, again. Two day ago I was notified by my computer to update the BIOS and Chipset drivers. I did so and upon restart the numpad "4" is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Paul0o0o0, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Paul0o0o0 Win User

Keyboard "ghosting" after driver update

Hello all, again.

Two day ago I was notified by my computer to update the BIOS and Chipset drivers. I did so and upon restart the numpad "4" is behaving as though it's being continually pushed by an invisible hand. With Num Lock on it types "4" nonstop anywhere typing is allowed. With Num Lock off it acts as the directional button so if I try to type any word the "cursor" keeps jumping back one space at a time so the words become jumbled. This has also affected anything which can be controlled by that button (so, for example, when I go to Device Manager and I see a list of devices I can't expand anything in the tree because it's like I'm pushing the back button non stop.

This is not a physical keyboard problem because it doesn't happen in safe mode. System Restore says it can't restore the computer back to before I installed the drivers. I was able to make it stop once for about 4-5 minutes by disabling the touchpad while a USB mouse is detected. I have no idea what the connection is, but I read somewhere that I should try that. Re-enabling and disabling no longer affects this at all. Also, Bitdefender says my system is clean, but I don't suspect it could be an infection anyway because I haven't downloaded anything or clicked any links or anything around that time. It was working perfectly up to the point my computer restarted with the new drivers.

This "little" problem has surprisingly disabled my computer as there is very little I can do that won't be interfered with by this issue (imagine trying to type while someone is pushing the left arrow key non stop). I'm currently using my daughter's Chromebook to write this.
    Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Paul0o0o0, Jun 7, 2018

2. Sniper Ghost Warrior

Hi Gary,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Do you face the issue only with Sniper Ghost Warrior?
    We would suggest you to update the graphics drivers and check.

Ravinath P, Jun 7, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Keyboard not working after Windows 10 Update

Hi,

Have you tried updating
    your mouse and keyboard driver? If not, we suggest you to do so. There is a possibility that the driver is not compatible with the new Windows 10 update. However, one
    of the workarounds that we suggest for your mouse and keyboard to work is to update the driver. If the symptom persist, you can run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. To run the Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On your search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Change the view to
      View all.

• Choose
      Hardware and Devices
      and run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 7, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard "ghosting" after driver update

1. Keyboard "ghosting" after driver update - Similar Threads - Keyboard ghosting driver

2. Keyboard driver issue after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard driver issue after update: My Lenovo legion7 laptop's keyboard is no longer functional after updating Windows 11 about 6 months ago. The keyboard has special function buttons assigned Fn + Q for instance, which still work. Additonally, the NumLock is illuminated, and Fn + F1-10 work to change various...
  3. Keyboard driver issue after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard driver issue after update: My Lenovo legion7 laptop's keyboard is no longer functional after updating Windows 11 about 6 months ago. The keyboard has special function buttons assigned Fn + Q for instance, which still work. Additonally, the NumLock is illuminated, and Fn + F1-10 work to change various...
  4. My keyboard is not working after windows driver update

My keyboard is not working after windows driver update: I have just recently updated all my drivers in windows 10. I was hoping for it to enhance my usage or help me in some sort. But it has caused my keyboard to stop working at all. I have tried all the tutorials available but nothing seems to help....
  5. Ghost drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost drivers: Hello, i want ask few questions.Is it safe to uninstall the Ghost drivers? because Windows said it didn't connected.Why there's double HID drivers? should i uninstall or install my HID Touch Screen driver?because my touchscreen isn't work, when i click manually install driver...
  6. Ghost drivers

Ghost drivers: Hello, i want ask few questions.Is it safe to uninstall the Ghost drivers? because Windows said it didn't connected.Why there's double HID drivers? should i uninstall or install my HID Touch Screen driver?because my touchscreen isn't work, when i click manually install driver...
  7. Ghost drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. The Ghost desktop after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Ghost desktop after update: (context) Hello, I have a problem. I updated my computer before going to bed on the 25 of march the next day I turned on my computer and the desktop was empty except for the web browsers. When I was looking for my desktop files and went to the file location it sent me to a...
  9. Ghost keyboard Layout

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ghost keyboard Layout: Hey guys, I Installed my new computer two months ago with Windows on it and since 2 weeks I have a new layout keyboard that came on my computer (Qwerty). Since my keyboard is not a Qwerty I want to get rid of it because sometime while using Windows I switch layout and it's a...
  10. Keyboard "ghosting" after driver update has disabled my computer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard "ghosting" after driver update has disabled my computer.: Hello all, again. Two day ago I was notified by my computer to update the BIOS and Chipset drivers. I did so and upon restart the numpad "4" is behaving as though it's being continually pushed by an invisible hand. With Num Lock on it types "4" nonstop anywhere typing is...