Windows 10: Keyboard incorrectly displays the wrong characters.

Discus and support Keyboard incorrectly displays the wrong characters. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Microsoft Sculpt wireless keyboard 1531. Did a Windows 10 update, now the keyboard will not work. It displays the wrong characters, for instance when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamesW3_137, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Keyboard incorrectly displays the wrong characters.

Microsoft Sculpt wireless keyboard 1531. Did a Windows 10 update, now the keyboard will not work. It displays the wrong characters, for instance when I press the "b"-key it displays "By" and when I press the "o"-key it displays ";o". I tried it on two different laptops; same problem (the two laptops are a Surface and a Dell, both running Windows 10). I tried changing the batteries (two different sets), still does not work correctly. The keys incorrectly display the wrong characters on both laptops.

:)

JamesW3_137, Aug 27, 2018

2. Keyboard types wrong characters

Hello Hannah,

If you're having issues with your laptop's keyboard, we highly suggest performing the troubleshooting steps in this article:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    . If the issue persists, you may also try the suggestions posted by Deepak Kodi in this
    thread. Quite a few people found his suggestions helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Aug 27, 2018
  3. Microsoft Edge incorrectly displaying accents

I am experiencing a problem when I browse French web sites with Microsoft Edge incorrectly displaying characters with accents.

When I type a URL (e.g. https://www.leboncoin.fr/electromenager/offres/aquitaine/?th=1&parrot=0) Microsoft edge displays the accent over the e with no problem. If I then select one of the advertisements and view it everything still appears correctly.
    However, when I then use the browser return arrow to go back to the list, all the accents (circumflex, acute and agrave) have all been replaced by the Unicode
    � REPLACEMENT CHARACTER U+FFFD (black diamond containing a white question mark)

This problem does not appear in Internet Explorer 11 - I can freely browse the sites without any characters being incorrectly displayed. I've tried switching language settings and keyboard - but the problem persists.

Gavin24220, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard incorrectly displays the wrong characters.

BOTH keyboards are displaying the wrong characters, but only in a few cases.

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1:Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with your device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Method 2.Try updating the latest keyboard devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Keyboard drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Keyboard driver.

c. Right-click on the HID Keyboard Device and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard incorrectly displays the wrong characters.

1. Keyboard incorrectly displays the wrong characters. - Similar Threads - Keyboard incorrectly displays

2. My keyboard is typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard is typing wrong characters: Hello, to the people who can help.My laptop keyboard typing keeps going wrong after I cleaned it with spray.The characters that were incorrect"a" as "da""c" as "cz" or "zc""d" as "ad""e" as "qe"space as ",""k" as "/k", "k/" and enter"q" as "eq""z" as "cz" or "zc"enter as "k/"...
  3. My keyboard is typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard is typing wrong characters: My keyboard is typing wrong characters, when I press altgr+Q for bring the @ symbol it always shows @ plus another ramdom character. How I can fix this?...
  4. Laptop keyboard gives wrong characters?

Laptop keyboard gives wrong characters?: I have 4 user accounts on my laptop and this error only occurs with one, with the others everything is normal. Anyway: The keyboard always gives me wrong characters. I click on the "u" and a "4" appears. And this is the case with several characters. Cleaning the keyboard...
  5. keyboard typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    keyboard typing wrong characters: My keyboard enters " when I type @ I choose UK English for the keyboard, and now can't find a way to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-typing-wrong-characters/420ea5db-768d-4f4e-aef2-a2e992376ba2
  6. Wrong characters displaying on forums

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wrong characters displaying on forums: Hi all, I am a member of a forum and someone is asking about errors they are seeing in some posts to the forum. The example that the person gave is: "So for example, typing Don't it comes as Don #&37 t." Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening? It hasn't...
  7. Keyboard typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard typing wrong characters: Win 10- up to date -Asus desktop-recently began typing the wrong letters when I am trying to find a file in my documents, pictures etc..this has been asked before but the reply from 2016 doesn't apply to my Settings topics..why is this suddenly happening ? This is the only...
  8. Keyboard showing incorrect characters

Keyboard showing incorrect characters: Cannot get pound symbol, while @ and " symbols appear to have swapped. I have ensured UK English is on the Control settings and makes no difference...
  9. Wrong characters with keyboard

Wrong characters with keyboard: Hi My keyboard now displays @ when I press shift/double quotes and the opposite when I press shift/at sign. Where do I go to check what keyboard options have been set up during the upgrade. Thanks Daniel 10427
  10. Wrong characters shown. Keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong characters shown. Keyboard issue: Hi My PC showed UK Keyboard after W10 installed, the only issue I found was that "@" showed instead of " " " and vice versa. To fix this I changed the keyboard to US Keyboard, as it had been until W10, that fixed the problem but when I reboot it reverts to UK Keyboard....