Windows 10: Keyboard Input freezing

Discus and support Keyboard Input freezing in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am getting a strange experience from the keyboard (integrated into laptop) since upgrading to Win 10. It did not happen immediately after upgrade,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by carrotmuseum, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Keyboard Input freezing

I am getting a strange experience from the keyboard (integrated into laptop) since upgrading to Win 10. It did not happen immediately after upgrade, but 6 weeks on, its driving me nuts.

Here goes - particularly in Gmail, composing or replying emails. I type and then suddenly the letters freeze and nothing is typed fro several seconds. If you look closely, while the freeze occurs the screen flicks once and then you can type again. It does not type anything inputted whilst it is frozen, so its not a lagging issue.

It feels like something is going on in the background which is occupying the RAM, bit like buffering.

It does not happen in Word or composing this thread!

Any ideas?

:)

carrotmuseum, Sep 30, 2015
  2. MabsH Win User

Writing using keyboard

When trying to input text in contacts, texts, whatsApp etc using the keyboard on my Lumia 640 Lte, it will freeze and then shut down. I am unable to input text in anyway. Need help to resolve this.

MabsH, Sep 30, 2015
  3. Alex_066 Win User
    Windows 10 crash loop

Hi, thanks for the answer. The problem is that I cannot access any of these troubleshooting options as the pc is unresponsive to keyboard inputs and freezes and crashes once it reaches the recovery page.

Alex_066, Sep 30, 2015
Thema:

Keyboard Input freezing

1. Keyboard Input freezing - Similar Threads - Keyboard Input freezing

2. Keyboard input lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard input lag: Hello everyone, a week ago my sister gave me her old work laptop that has a QWERTY spanish keyboard. When i factory reseted the laptop, i chose the azerty option because i'm used to it and my external keyboard is a azerty. However i'm facing a big problem as my keyboard input...
  3. Keyboard input lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard input lag: Hello everyone, a week ago my sister gave me her old work laptop that has a QWERTY spanish keyboard. When i factory reseted the laptop, i chose the azerty option because i'm used to it and my external keyboard is a azerty. However i'm facing a big problem as my keyboard input...
  4. Keyboard Input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Input: Hello,Today set up Japanese input in the settings so that I can write in hiragana/katakana because I needed it for a task for school I set this up on my laptop a year ago and it works perfectly but then when I tried to set it up it would write the wrong character it was the...
  5. Keyboard Input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Input: Hello,Today set up Japanese input in the settings so that I can write in hiragana/katakana because I needed it for a task for school I set this up on my laptop a year ago and it works perfectly but then when I tried to set it up it would write the wrong character it was the...
  6. Keyboard Input Stuttering and Input Locking

Keyboard Input Stuttering and Input Locking: I am having 2 similar issues involving my keyboard: When doing normal tasks typing documents, searching through YouTube, etc. my keyboard inputs stutter, when I type a full word the cursor freezes for a second then updates and inputs all of the previous letters I typed....
  7. keyboard inputs

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard inputs: Hello, My win 10 is in EN. My keyboard is AZERTY. I don't know from where all those keyboards come from neither how to get rid of them. It kept switching automatically from one to another in-game, This is so frustrating & discussing. .[ATTACH]...
  8. Keyboard input

Keyboard input: So I accidentally pressed two buttons on my keyboard (pretty sure it was left shift+alt or something similar) and now my shift+2 does not make the @ symbol. It has been switched with the key that creates the " symbol. So now if I press shift+2 it creates @ and if I press...
  9. Keyboard Input Lag

Keyboard Input Lag: Hello. Ive just recently started having problems with keyboard input lag. Meaning, I will type and it will not register until a full second after I hit the key. I have re-installed java multiple times. Scanned my computer for harmfull virises, programs. Ive switched...
  10. Help with the keyboard input

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with the keyboard input: Dear TenForums members, I have had this problem since I thought I had solved the chinese input. But, it turned out to be available for a few hours and then the IME is unavailable until next sign in. In brief, to get the chinese input back, it need to sign out and sign...