Windows 10: Keyboard keys not working (Toshiba Windows 10)

Discus and support Keyboard keys not working (Toshiba Windows 10) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The keys e i o u and t are not working. Its extremely irritating. I feel like a retard having to copy paste those keys or use the on screen keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nvwls09, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Nvwls09 Win User

Keyboard keys not working (Toshiba Windows 10)

The keys e i o u and t are not working. Its extremely irritating. I feel like a retard having to copy paste those keys or use the on screen keyboard all the time.

I already tried:

• Removing the battery and holding down the power button
    • Restarting in safe mode to see if the same keys wouldn't work
    • Checking for any malware or viruses
    • And tried uninstalling keyboard but the thing wont even uninstall so I could reinstall.

And I still get the same results. I am not tech savvy nor do I have a lot of money for a new computer right now.

Why the hell aren't these keys working? How do I get them to start working again?

Do I download software to get the keys to work or remap them?

:)

Nvwls09, Oct 16, 2017

2. Keyboard keys not working (Toshiba Windows 10)

The keys e i o u and t are not working. Its extremely irritating. I feel like a retard having to copy paste those keys or use the on screen keyboard all the time.

I already tried:

• Removing the battery and holding down the power button
    • Restarting in safe mode to see if the same keys wouldn't work
    • Checking for any malware or viruses
    • And tried uninstalling keyboard but the thing wont even uninstall so I could reinstall.

And I still get the same results. I am not tech savvy nor do I have a lot of money for a new computer right now.

Why the hell aren't these keys working? How do I get them to start working again?

Do I download software to get the keys to work or remap them?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures / PC

ntisdale92, Oct 16, 2017
  3. Keyboard keys not working (Toshiba Windows 10)

- I had a windows update that I think screwed up the keyboard.

- Its version 1703 OS Build 15063.632

- I don't have access to an external

keyboard

-It says I already have the latest driver installed

ntisdale92, Oct 16, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

On one of my notebook computers I had to replace the keyboard.
    There were multiple keys that no longer worked.

What you need to find is whether Toshiba does or does not have diagnostic firmware.

HP has BIOS UEFI diagnostics where you can power on and boot to the BIOS UEFI diagnostics and run a component test on the keyboard. On one of my computers this test failed and then the notebook keyboard was replaced. (It was less than 4 years old).

Dell also has software to download and software on their website to perform diagnostic testing.

You already know that the keyboard has malfunctioned. What you are looking for is a confirmation so that you can get it replaced and know that it will fix the problem.

Again if you can find Toshiba software that can test other parts of the computer (motherboard etc) it gives you more confidence to replace the keyboard.

There are multiple websites that have software to test the keyboard.
    Please make sure that you check for malware, PUP, etc before deciding to use any of them:

These were some of the search results on the first page of a google search:
    Keyboard Tester
    Keyboard test software - PassMark KeyboardTest
    Keyboard Test Utility Download
    4 Free Keyboard Testing Software to Check Keys on Keyboard

zbook, Oct 16, 2017
Thema:

1. Keyboard keys not working (Toshiba Windows 10) - Similar Threads - Keyboard keys working

2. toshiba laptop keyboard not working in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    toshiba laptop keyboard not working in windows: Keyboard works in setup, but once Windows is running the Keyboards and Track Pad stop working.I tried connecting a wired USB Mouse and Keyboard, does not work with windows. No Keys work.Can't get into safe mode, because you need to log on to ask for safe mode.This user did...
  3. toshiba laptop keyboard not working in windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    toshiba laptop keyboard not working in windows: Keyboard works in setup, but once Windows is running the Keyboards and Track Pad stop working.I tried connecting a wired USB Mouse and Keyboard, does not work with windows. No Keys work.Can't get into safe mode, because you need to log on to ask for safe mode.This user did...
  4. toshiba laptop keyboard not working in windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Toshiba Function keys not working after windows 10 update.[Solved]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toshiba Function keys not working after windows 10 update.[Solved]: This is not a question but a solution.I have Toshiba Satellite C660. When I use to install wins 10 on it. The Fn keys were working expect the brightness up/down. but right after 1st drivers updates the Fn keys use to stop working. Basically the problem is caused by Dynabook...
  6. Toshiba Function keys not working after windows 10 update.[Solved]

Toshiba Function keys not working after windows 10 update.[Solved]: This is not a question but a solution.I have Toshiba Satellite C660. When I use to install wins 10 on it. The Fn keys were working expect the brightness up/down. but right after 1st drivers updates the Fn keys use to stop working. Basically the problem is caused by Dynabook...
  7. Toshiba Function keys not working after windows 10 update.[Solved]

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. keyboard f keys not working in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard f keys not working in windows 10: Hello, the f keys are not doing what they are supposed to on my Lenovo Ideapad 330s. If I push one of them they either do not work at all or send me to a page that I do not won't. All of my soft wear is up to date and I do not have any other problems that I am aware of....
  9. Toshiba satellite L500 keyboard not working after windows 10 update

Toshiba satellite L500 keyboard not working after windows 10 update: I have a Satellite L500 laptop since the last windows update the Laptop keyboard is not working. Through every thing many hours on the internet and I have found the same problem posted in here. I have tried the solution with out success. [ATTACH] Windows does not see the...
  10. Certain keys not working on keyboard(Windows 10)

Certain keys not working on keyboard(Windows 10): I'm having a keyboard issue. - Ok so I have an Acer Aspire V5-471G laptop. N its currently running windows 10 and I downloaded the anniversary update in september(not sure, don't remember exactly). - But after the second week of October(i think) certain keys on my...