Windows 10: Keyboard keys switched

Discus and support Keyboard keys switched in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After the latest windows insider update some keys on my keyboard have changed. For example " is now @ and the opposite as well. Meaning if I want the @... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AFTommy, Mar 8, 2017.

1. AFTommy Win User

Keyboard keys switched

After the latest windows insider update some keys on my keyboard have changed. For example " is now @ and the opposite as well. Meaning if I want the @ key as in a email address, I must push the " key. I cant seem to find a way to reset to default. The normal keyboard default does nothing. The other changes are listed below, the errors are in bold red;

! " £ $ % ^ & * ( ) _ +

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 - =

Q W E R T Y U I O P { } ~

q w e r t y u i o p [ ] #

A S D F G H J K L : @

a s d f g h j k l ; '

Z X C V B N M < > ?

z x c v b n m , . /

:)

AFTommy, Mar 8, 2017

2. [WASD] keys switched with [ARROW] keys: Keyboard Problem

THANK YOU SO MUCH ROB! I DID (Fn+W) to fix my problem! Thank you so much!

HooliganSlert, Mar 8, 2017
  3. Hedanman Win User
    [WASD] keys switched with [ARROW] keys: Keyboard Problem

I had this problem myself, I fixed it by plugging the cable into a USB 2.0 port instead of 3.0, never had a problem when it was in 2.0, weird.

Hedanman, Mar 8, 2017
Thema:

Keyboard keys switched

1. Keyboard keys switched - Similar Threads - Keyboard keys switched

2. How do I switch my keyboard keys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I switch my keyboard keys?: My laptop's F keys do not do things outside of Microsoft Edge. For example, my F10 key is supposed to switch to higher brightness on my screen. But instead, it does nothing. Similarly, my F9 key does not lower the brightness. All the F keys also do not do what they are...
  3. How do I switch my keyboard keys?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I switch my keyboard keys?: My laptop's F keys do not do things outside of Microsoft Edge. For example, my F10 key is supposed to switch to higher brightness on my screen. But instead, it does nothing. Similarly, my F9 key does not lower the brightness. All the F keys also do not do what they are...
  4. How do I switch my keyboard keys?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 800 keys switched

Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 800 keys switched: I have a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 800 and Mouse 1000 that have been working perfectly. I came back from holidays a few days ago and the "c" and "ENTER" keys on the wireless keyboard have switched. When you enter "c" it acts as an enter and when you press "ENTER" it types a...
  6. keyboard switching keys randomly?

keyboard switching keys randomly?: so i have recently run into a quite annoying keyboard mess-up, my keys have been switched around while i was playing a game on steam. for context here are the keys that are messed up. t is now g, y is now h, [ is now ', ] shows the volume, left shift does not capitalize,...
  7. 2 Key Functions Switched on Razer Keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 Key Functions Switched on Razer Keyboard: I have a Razer keyboard that I plug into my Dell laptop, and the Razer Synapse software that controls the keyboard is up to date and works fine, and I've determined is not the issue. However, the "c" key on my external keyboard somehow became partially bound to the alt key,...
  8. Keyboard switched @ and ".

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard switched @ and ".: I've read that I have to change my region settings to United Kingdom but it already is set to united kingdom and my " and @ have still switched. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-switched-and/c9ea8806-9063-405d-8b53-8300a754c0af
  9. Keyboard keys switched + Automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard keys switched + Automatic repair loop: My keyboard keys switched, when I type the \ and | key it turns into # and ~. I don't know what caused this, but I have been doing some command prompt because of this automatic repair loop which could be the reason. The ctrl + shift method doesnt work. ps. Id be also...
  10. keyboard switch

in Windows 10 Support
    keyboard switch: howdy, yesterday, cant remember what i was doing but keyboard switch appeared in taskbar, if it did that in win 7 was easy to sort but in win 10 i just dont have a clue [img] its the ENG, if i click it i can swap from uk/us and language preferences but cant get rid of it....