Windows 10: Keyboard locked out after Windows 10 upgrade.

Discus and support Keyboard locked out after Windows 10 upgrade. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Product Name: HP Spectre x360 - 13-4158ca Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) 1. I recently had to reinstall windows 10 on my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by moonbugs, Apr 7, 2017.

1. moonbugs Win User

Keyboard locked out after Windows 10 upgrade.

Product Name: HP Spectre x360 - 13-4158ca
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

1. I recently had to reinstall windows 10 on my laptop because of a failed ssd. I've managed to reinstall windows 10 using a bootable USB media.

2. Install process and user setup using the keyboard was normal and un-eventful

3. Device manager initially showed several question marks on some of the devices, but after re-installing the drivers from HP support website, all of these disappear.

4. However on restart, the keyboard and the touchpad are disabled. I cannot make any entries via the keyboard or touchpad at all. I can only use the onscreen keyboard and mouse.

5. Uninstalling the SYNAPTICS touchpad driver fixes the touchpad, but the problem with keyboard still remains.

6. Device manager now shows 2 keyboards HID Compliant Keyboard and Standard PS/2 keyboard. I don't have any external keyboard or docking station connected.

7. I know the physical keyboard works because the UEFI Hardware diagnostics shows functional keyboard AND I am able to make use of the keyboard while I enter the PC user data during the OS setup. UEFI Systems Extensive Test also does not report any failures.

THE Question: Is there any setting that I need to change to get the keyboard to work or do I have to delete anything? I have tried to delete either or both of the keyboards reported by device manager but this doesn't seem to work.

Any suggestions would be wellcome.

Thanks.

:)

moonbugs, Apr 7, 2017

2. My keyboard locked up after FINALLY upgrading to Windows 10. Anyone know how to unlock?

After upgrading HP laptop to Windows 10 (from 7) keyboard is locked.

Rebooting did not help. Mouse works

ChrisMunkholm, Apr 7, 2017
  3. Keyboard and mouse not working after upgrading to Windows 10

I upgraded my system to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1. It installed smoothly and started fine but after a number of restarts, the keyboard and mouse stopped working. This not only happened to my wireless keyboard and mouse. I tried a USB keyboard and a
    PS/2 keyboard. Neither worked. (They all work for BIOS and nstallation windows.) I tried to reset Windows 10 but received a message, saying the drive is locked. Now I am stuck. Need help to get out of this situation. Thanks.

XIAOZHISHEN, Apr 7, 2017
  4. Keyboard locked out after Windows 10 upgrade.

Hi moonbugs

Any chance you enabled Tablet mode. Click or tap on the Notification icon, lower right, one of the squares is labelled Tablet.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 10, 2017
Thema:

Keyboard locked out after Windows 10 upgrade.

1. Keyboard locked out after Windows 10 upgrade. - Similar Threads - Keyboard locked upgrade

2. Locked out of pc after adding keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of pc after adding keyboard: * My pc base language is set as Korean* Someone tried to change into EnglishI'm not good with computer so I just saw "setting - language" and found English Australia but there were lots of other English country to choose from* After selecting English Australia, at the bottom...
  3. Locked out of pc after adding keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of pc after adding keyboard: * My pc base language is set as Korean* Someone tried to change into EnglishI'm not good with computer so I just saw "setting - language" and found English Australia but there were lots of other English country to choose from* After selecting English Australia, at the bottom...
  4. Locked out of pc after adding keyboard

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Cat Locks Out Keyboard on Lockscreen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cat Locks Out Keyboard on Lockscreen: My work laptop is a Dell Latitude 5520 on Windows 10. When I work from home during the day, I switch between a desktop and my laptop. Sometimes my cat, Stan, likes to lay on the keyboard of the laptop what cat doesn't, am I right?. When I think he is about to, I lock the...
  6. Locked out of Windows 10 after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out of Windows 10 after update: I installed an update to Windows 10 on my PC last night. Now it's asking for a Microsoft password. I went to Microsoft.com and created one, but it is not accepting it, so I don't have access to my PC....
  7. Keyboard lock out ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard lock out ?: This is a odd one. with a um infected key board. you get a black screen and the cap lock will not light. i put the game store hard drive in the back up computet, same make modle! yes it works and it was not the operating sys (but that works to). it workt ok for two times....
  8. Keyboard lock out ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard lock out ?: This is a odd one. with a um infected key board. you get a black screen and the cap lock will not light. i put the game store hard drive in the back up computet, same make modle! yes it works and it was not the operating sys (but that works to). it workt ok for two times....
  9. I am locked out after upgrade kbxxxxx903

I am locked out after upgrade kbxxxxx903: I am so screwed....did the latest cum update on 1903 (a kb that ends in 903) and after the restart, the pretty picture came up with the time. I wiggled the mouse to bring up the PIN entry dialog and the pretty picture blurred and that was all she wrote. After three days of...
  10. Locked out after upgrade to W10 from W7

Locked out after upgrade to W10 from W7: Hello. Need help urgently. Have been locked out after upgrading from W7 to W10. No Microsoft account. Please help. 17346