Windows 10: Keyboard locks while I'm working

Discus and support Keyboard locks while I'm working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There must be some key or key combination that I'm hitting that I'm unaware of that locks my keyboard while I'm working on it It doesn't matter what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by marcycn, Jul 7, 2018.

1. marcycn Win User

Keyboard locks while I'm working

There must be some key or key combination that I'm hitting that I'm unaware of that locks my keyboard while I'm working on it It doesn't matter what I'm doing, whether surfing the web or in a program it just locks and I can't doa thing with the keyboard anywhere until I reboot, which is inconveient at time since I sometimes have a few windows open.

:)

marcycn, Jul 7, 2018
  2. Mark Ole Win User

keyboard

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Click Start and then click Settings
    • Click on Ease of access
    • Click Keyboard in the left pane
    • Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane

Also, try pressing the Fn+ Num Lock keys to turn off the Number lock function.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Jul 7, 2018
  3. I"m having a problem with the keyboard in Windows 10

Hi Robert,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 7, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Keyboard locks while I'm working - Similar Threads - Keyboard locks while

2. hibernating while i'm working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hibernating while i'm working: same problem here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-critical-battery-trigger-causing-sleep-mode/521ef8b2-8ead-45e8-b1b9-1245043e020ethe method 2 works herebut... I don't see my battery status and charge anymoreif method 2 solved it, what actually is...
  3. hibernating while i'm working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hibernating while i'm working: same problem here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-critical-battery-trigger-causing-sleep-mode/521ef8b2-8ead-45e8-b1b9-1245043e020ethe method 2 works herebut... I don't see my battery status and charge anymoreif method 2 solved it, what actually is...
  4. hibernating while i'm working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows Locks while I'm RDPed into it

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Locks while I'm RDPed into it: I have turned off the screensaver. All my power plan settings are set to Never or a high numbers of minutes. Every advanced setting I could find to make my machine stop locking has been set and it's still locking up after a few minutes. I need it to stop doing that. Entering...
  6. Windows Locks while I'm RDPed into it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Locks while I'm RDPed into it: I have turned off the screensaver. All my power plan settings are set to Never or a high numbers of minutes. Every advanced setting I could find to make my machine stop locking has been set and it's still locking up after a few minutes. I need it to stop doing that. Entering...
  7. Windows Locks while I'm RDPed into it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. computer locks while i'm using it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer locks while i'm using it: While I am working, my computer screen turns blue & says "locking" for about 2 seconds then shuts off. I am able to cut it right back on. No clue what this is. I'm on Windows 10 on my laptop. Thank you!...
  9. Windows locks the screen while I'm using the system

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows locks the screen while I'm using the system: I have randomly been having a problem with Windows locking my screen, as if due to inactivity, while I'm in the middle of using the computer for various tasks. I might be browsing the web, editing photos, or typing in Word, when all of the sudden, the screen blanks out and...
  10. Keyboard locks while I'm working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard locks while I'm working: There must be some key or key combination that I'm hitting that I'm unaware of that locks my keyboard while I'm working on it It doesn't matter what I'm doing, whether surfing the web or in a program it just locks and I can't doa thing with the keyboard anywhere until I...