Windows 10: Keyboard not working after July Windows 10 critical update.

Discus and support Keyboard not working after July Windows 10 critical update. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My USB keyboard KU-0841 HP no longer works after a critical update. The only think on the keyboard that works in the Volume control as it is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by flanok, Jul 20, 2017.

1. flanok Win User

Keyboard not working after July Windows 10 critical update.

My USB keyboard KU-0841 HP no longer works after a critical update.

The only think on the keyboard that works in the Volume control as it is a multimedia board.

s5770uk HP Pavilion slimline 5000 series

I know this issue has been posted many times, but I have gone through many posts on the net and nothing up to now has worked.

First of all, I have had Windows 10 on this machine for at least 18 months so has gone through updates no problem up to now.

It was a free update originally from 7 then to 8 and then to 10

My mouse still works and other USB plug in stuff.

I can use on screen keyboard.

Keyboard works in Bios and Recovery mode

I only have USB ports no PS2

Things I have tried.

Update keyboard driver though windows.
    Tried troubleshooter in devices
    Updated all drivers in the end.
    Unticked power manager on USB ports
    Checked filter keys in setting

Hp driver update

Bought new general keyboard, also does not work,
    Tried second identical keyboard

Will not let me do a restore point. (last one is that critical update)

Tried holding shift key and num lock etc.

Hard reset

And several other things I can't remember.

Looking for some solutions I haven't tried

Thanks

:)

flanok, Jul 20, 2017

2. PS/2 Keyboard not working in my Dell Vostro 3546 after a critical update of Windows 1p

After update a critical update for windows 10 on 24.11.2017, the keybord of my Dell Vostro 3546 is not working. I have used extrnal keyboard but that is also not working, i have tried with bios update, regedit and uninstall the recent update but the issue
    is still same.

If anyone have solution for it then kindly confirm.

Rahish AhamadTT, Jul 20, 2017
  3. Darshan J Win User
    Laptop keyboard not working after installing July 12th update

Hello Edwards,

Provide the below information for better assistance.

• What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • Have you tried connecting an external keyboard and check if it works?
    You can check the details of the update installed on July 12 2016 in the below link.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3163912

Suggest you to follow the below troubleshooting methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run hardware and Device troubleshooter

I suggest you to follow the steps below and run the
    Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next" button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.
    Method 2: Update Keyboard drivers from Device Manager.

Refer the article below to update drivers.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Darshan J, Jul 20, 2017
  4. Keyboard not working after July Windows 10 critical update.

Hi flanok. Welcome to the TenForums @flanok

First I would power down, unplug mains, hold power key for 30 seconds. Unplug all USB devices.

Power on and boot. Connect keyboard, do you hear the USB device connected bong?

If that doesn't work head to device manager. Show hidden devices. I would delete all and any keyboards. Then un plug and connect keyboard.

As a matter of interest it sounds like your USB ports are working as your mouse mouse must be in game.

The next thing I would try is loading defaults into BIOS. Before doing so log current settings.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 21, 2017
  5. flanok Win User
    Thanks fot that Ken

But I had already tried those options.

I did repeat them again, but still not working.

There is no windows "dong" when I connect keyboard.

If I use the replacement keyboard I just bought, it does show the computer at bottom and then a green libe showing it is installing the drivers. But still doesn't work.

My gut feel, is if it is in "Tablet Mode" for the keyboard only.

The screen, display and everything else is desktop.
    But its is if the computer knows the keyboard is there and has installed the driver, but opting not to use it thinking it is in tablet mode.

Also

When I look at the keyboard properties and drivers, there seems to be several drivers, from USB composite, to human interaction devices. dont know if its worth trying to uninstall all of them and doing a hard reset.

flanok, Jul 22, 2017
  6. Yes I would delete all keyboards and as I said I would show hidden devices and those keyboards as well.

Next I would try an in place repair / upgrade.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Read the warnings in tutorial.

While this process should not impact personal data I alwys recommend backing up personal data off machine prior to starting.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 22, 2017
  7. flanok Win User
    Thanks again Ken.
    The problem here is I am a bit worried about reinstalling some of the software within. Especially Office 2007. It is all genuine software, but not sure where my disks are.

I will see if I can hunt them out.

flanok, Jul 24, 2017
  8. flanok Win User

Ah ok, this repair, does not affect software. Except updates.

Ok thanks will look into

flanok, Jul 24, 2017
  9. spunk Win User
    Before doing the Windows Repair Install, click the Action Center lower right by the clock, make sure Tablet Mode is not selected.
    Next, boot into Setup (Bios) go to Integrated Peripherals, look for Legacy USB, if this is disabled, then using your Enter and Arrow keys, Enable it. Save and Exit.

spunk, Jul 25, 2017
  10. Berton Win User
    Can't say if it happens with a desktop-type keyboard but I just had to fix a problem one of my clients had, on 2 Notebooks same day within just a few minutes of each other. Somehow she had activated the filter keys feature on both of them and could only get a faint click when trying to type [reminiscent of old mechanical keys], couldn't type in any dialog box. Settings, Keyboard

Berton, Jul 25, 2017
  11. flanok Win User
    HI Guys thanks for the support

Hi Spunk. HAs already tried switching from tablet to desktop mode several times hadn't worked. My Bios does not have Legacy Mode within.

Hi Berton Think I had mentioned had check filter keys. But I did again anyway no luck.

Thanks Guy

Solution

It was to a "Repair Install" it took some time, but keyboard is working fine again. Thanks Ken

1 computer fixed. 1 left to do. (believe it or not, 2 computers stopped working properly after last update.). The second looks a lot more complicated. will post issues on another post if i cant fix first.

Thanks again

flanok, Jul 25, 2017
  12. Cool. Please mark thread solved.

Good luck on second.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Keyboard not working after July Windows 10 critical update. - Similar Threads - Keyboard working July

2. windows 10 July update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 July update: after windows 10 July 2021 is installed create a system image no longer works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-july-update/0aa6b1ae-7dd6-4c88-8622-e78f0983d63c
  3. Some keys do not work after July windows update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some keys do not work after July windows update.: asus q504uak some keys do not work after recent windows update. I have an asus Q504uak laptop and after the recent windows update several keys on my laptop stopped working. Qxcvm,. and keypad enter no longer work. I am using the onscreen keyboard which works fine. I tested...
  4. keyboard not working after windows updates

keyboard not working after windows updates: Hi, on 29th oct i updated my lenovo laptop after which my keyboard stopped working . i tried the usual options like updating drivers but nothing worked . keyboard started working only after i restored the system to an earlier check point . today microsoft forcibly...
  5. keyboard not working after windows 10 update

keyboard not working after windows 10 update: keyboard doesn't work everytime I start windows. I have to do restart everytime to make it work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-not-working-after-windows-10-update/fb211d93-b953-49de-acd3-5579e8ee1c45
  6. My keyboard is not working after windows 10 update

My keyboard is not working after windows 10 update: Hello ! My keyboard is not working on windows 10 apps after update .. It works on browser , in games and Notepad etc But its not work apps Like Ms Store ,Twitter Etc.. Keyboard Shortcut Keys are also not work.. Please Tell me reason and its Solution .. Fatima Ali...
  7. after windows 10 july update my camera stopped working

after windows 10 july update my camera stopped working: after the update of windows 10 in the month of july my camera shows black screen even though the green led is on in zoom app it shows the camera is on but still the screen is black of my video and in camera app it shows error 0xA00F4292<PhotoCaptureStartTimeout> i would...
  8. Audio not working after July 2019 Update

Audio not working after July 2019 Update: how do I get the audio back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-not-working-after-july-2019-update/ebf3584a-20f1-4350-b06a-9889628f64b6
  9. Keyboard and Mouse are not working after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and Mouse are not working after Windows 10 update: Shutdown my PC last night and updates were installed. I went to login today and both the keyboard and mouse will not work. I tried them on a separate device and they both worked fine. They will work in the BIOS and in Safe Mode, but i tried to run a system restore to roll...
  10. July Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    July Windows 10 update: Hi, somehow I missed the july update on one of my computers But I d/l the anniversary update on both my computers and they are running fine. so Do I still need the july update on that one computer and if so Can I still get it.*Smile Jerry 58735