Windows 10: Keyboard not working on startup, driver_power_state_error

Discus and support Keyboard not working on startup, driver_power_state_error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been having an issue with my computer (ASUS X550Z laptop) where the keyboard does not work on startup after I installed Windows 10. When the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Donavitch, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Donavitch Win User

Keyboard not working on startup, driver_power_state_error

I have been having an issue with my computer (ASUS X550Z laptop) where the keyboard does not work on startup after I installed Windows 10. When the problem first arose several months ago the keyboard would kick in if I waited a few minutes, now I have to restart my computer several times before it works. Further, occasionally the keyboard will work on startup but once I have logged in it will fail to work.

Occasionally on the initial startup, the computer will blue screen and give me the driver_power_state_failure error. I have followed the instructions of another site to delete and reinstall problematic drivers (the keyboard drivers were not listed as problematic, but I reinstalled them anyway). However, this has not provided a solution to either of the issues. Although I am not sure if the driver error is related to the keyboard's lack of functionality, I am certain that the keyboard is not the issue as it works as intended when I restart enough times.

Additional information:
    CPU: AMD Quad Core A8-7200P
    System Manufacturer: ASUSTek COMPUTER INC
    System Model: X550ZA

:)

Donavitch, Aug 24, 2016
  2. Ratandeep Win User

Keyboard not working on the Windows 10 startup

Hello,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft community.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your efforts towards resolving it.

This issue may occur due to incorrect keyboard settings or corrupt keyboard drivers.

I would suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter
    and check. Please follow these steps:

a. Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.

b. Click troubleshooting in the search results.

c. Click "View all" and then click "Hardware and Devices".

d. Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

Please also update keyboard drivers from the computer manufacturer's website
    and check.

I hope this information helps.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you

Ratandeep, Aug 24, 2016
  3. 霄一陈 Win User
    Keyboard not working on the Windows 10 startup

I have looked up trying to find similar problem but seems nobody is exactly the same as mine.

After upgraded to Windows 10, on its first start up, everything works perfectly. Only the next day I started my laptop and when came to the loggin screen, I couldn't type anything in the square under the user name. I restarted the laptop and then was able
    to type in letters and logged in. after that, everything worked fine.

The next next morning, the same situation came back again, which means I have to start my laptop twice to have my keyboard back. and this only happened after the laptop was shut down and then start. It will NOT happen if click restart.

I also noticed today that at the right bottom corner, a button showing that the number lock was on, but on my laptop keyboard there is no such key. I clicked the information button it opened logitec setup interface but there is nothing I can make number
    lock off.

Hope I have described the problem clear enough and thanks a lot for anyone can help.

霄一陈, Aug 24, 2016
Thema:

Keyboard not working on startup, driver_power_state_error

1. Keyboard not working on startup, driver_power_state_error - Similar Threads - Keyboard working startup

2. Keyboard and mouse not working on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse not working on startup: I'm not sure why this started happening out of nowhere. I uninstalled Steam and a snipping tool I didn't need and restarted to finish the uninstalls, now my keyboard and mouse don't work so I can't enter my password to use any of the solutions I found online and I can't boot...
  3. Keyboard and mouse not working on startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and mouse not working on startup: I'm not sure why this started happening out of nowhere. I uninstalled Steam and a snipping tool I didn't need and restarted to finish the uninstalls, now my keyboard and mouse don't work so I can't enter my password to use any of the solutions I found online and I can't boot...
  4. Keyboard not working on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard not working on startup: Cant use keyboard during start up running windows 10 Device: Ideapad 330sWindoss 10 HomeWhen i run Lenovo diagnosis program and do the keyboard test it starts working again!...
  5. Keyboard not working on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard not working on startup: Cant use keyboard during start up running windows 10 Device: Ideapad 330sWindoss 10 HomeWhen i run Lenovo diagnosis program and do the keyboard test it starts working again!...
  6. Keyboard not working on startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_ERROR: Hi, sometimes my computer with windows 11 gets a blue screen with 'DRIVER_POWER_STATE_ERROR' and after the blue screen there appears a white screen with 'a device attempted to acces memmory'. Does this mean I have a virus? How do I have to fix it?thank you in advance.Kind...
  8. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_ERROR: Hi, sometimes my computer with windows 11 gets a blue screen with 'DRIVER_POWER_STATE_ERROR' and after the blue screen there appears a white screen with 'a device attempted to acces memmory'. Does this mean I have a virus? How do I have to fix it?thank you in advance.Kind...
  9. Mouse and keyboard not working on startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and keyboard not working on startup?: My mouse and keyboard just stopped working last night after I had to restart my PC because Discord froze. When I booted up my PC again, my keyboard and mouse would light up for a few seconds and then turn off, and I couldn't use them to log in.I've tried:Unplugging my...
  10. Keyboard and Mouse Not Working On Startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and Mouse Not Working On Startup: Hi, I was just wondering if anybody is able to help me with this problem. I have a Acer Windows 10 desktop and my welcome screen is stuck with the time and date displayed, but that's it. Also, my keyboard and mouse isn't working I've tried different mouse and keyboard, but it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard not working at startup

2. my keyboard is not working microsoft pro6