Windows 10: keyboard not working - only onscreen

Discus and support keyboard not working - only onscreen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; please help. tried updating keyboard and mouse thru device manager. tried ease of access off. tried access turning on and off.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LindaMyers2, Jul 17, 2018.

1. keyboard not working - only onscreen

please help. tried updating keyboard and mouse thru device manager. tried ease of access off. tried access turning on and off.

:)

LindaMyers2, Jul 17, 2018

2. how to disable the onscreen keyboard. nothing is working

Hi,

We appreciate time and effort you spent to resolve issue by yourself.

To assist you better, answer the questions

• What are troubleshooting methods that you have tried?
    • Are you facing any issue with onscreen keyboard?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Turn off on screen keyboard

• Open Start menu, type
      Settings in search bar and click on Settings.
    • Click on Ease of access and select
      Keyboard.
    • Then, Turn off the on screen keyboard.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Jul 17, 2018
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    Keep onscreen keyboard from displaying at startup

Hi Helene,

I suggest to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete key on the Keyboard.
    • Click on More details.
    • Go to Startup Tab.
    • Right click on Onscreen Keyboard And select
      disable.

Please get back to us with the updated status of the issue.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Jul 17, 2018
  4. 890OD Win User

keyboard not working - only onscreen

how to disable the onscreen keyboard. nothing is working

disable onscreen keyboard; nothing suggested works

890OD, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

keyboard not working - only onscreen

1. keyboard not working - only onscreen - Similar Threads - keyboard working onscreen

2. Onscreen Keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Onscreen Keyboard: My onscreen keyboard looks like this. Nothing I do can change it. Help. Don Cole [img] 124733
  3. No onscreen keyboard on tablet after latest upgrade - can't sign in

in Windows 10 Support
    No onscreen keyboard on tablet after latest upgrade - can't sign in: Last chance before my Linx 7 tablet becomes a paperweight: I don't use the tablet much but it was fine yesterday. It downloaded and installed the September release (before either of our 2 laptops has received it!) but when it finally returned to the windows screen and I...
  4. My onscreen keyboard is transparent or completely white Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My onscreen keyboard is transparent or completely white Windows 10: When I touch the keyboard on the taskbar, I can see the outline of the keyboard, but the keyboard is completely white. I've tried turning off transparency effects for Wincows. I tried to blindly click where I think the x to close would be. I started the task manager but it...
  5. SurfaceGo - No Onscreen Keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    SurfaceGo - No Onscreen Keyboard: Hi all, I have a SurfaceGo without a physical keyboard , so the onscreen keyboard is of utmost importance. Unfortunately the keyboard refuses to popup when I tab in a text box, also taping the onscreen keyboard icon on the taskbar triggers no response. Please advice...
  6. SurfaceGo - No Onscreen Keyboatd

in Windows 10 Support
    SurfaceGo - No Onscreen Keyboatd: Hi all, I have a SurfaceGo without a physical keyboard , so the onscreen keyboard is of utmost importance. Unfortunately the keyboard refuses to popup when I tab in a text box, also taping the onscreen keyboard icon on the taskbar triggers no response. Please advice...
  7. My onscreen keyboard is transparent or completely white Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    My onscreen keyboard is transparent or completely white Windows 10: When I touch the keyboard on the taskbar, I can see the outline of the keyboard, but the keyboard is completely white. I've tried turning off transparency effects for Wincows. I tried to blindly click where I think the x to close would be. I started the task manager but it...
  8. Onscreen Keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Onscreen Keyboard: Are there any settings for this thing? Not sure if any of you have ever used Android but the keyboard on that operating system actually has settings. I can't seem to find anything useful on Windows 10. 26330
  9. How to get rid of settings icon in onscreen keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of settings icon in onscreen keyboard: [img] Hello, Can anybody tell me hot to disable the settings icons in the onscreen keyboard. I use it in a museum with visitors, and they are not allowed to change settings obviously *Smile Thnx, Marcel 102082
  10. Tablet - Google - Onscreen Keyboard question

in Windows 10 Support
    Tablet - Google - Onscreen Keyboard question: I had a Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet. When I brought up Google, and clicked the inbox, the onscreen keyboard would appear at the bottom of the screen, and the Google page would change so that the inbox was visible above the keyboard. I'm talking about landscape mode. I have a...