Windows 10: Keyboard not working properly after installing windows 10?

Discus and support Keyboard not working properly after installing windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After having installed Windows 10 on my Asus laptop some of the keys on my keyboard are now not working? Any ideas of how to right this please?? 9862 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Peanuttreat, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Keyboard not working properly after installing windows 10?

After having installed Windows 10 on my Asus laptop some of the keys on my keyboard are now not working? Any ideas of how to right this please??

:)

Peanuttreat, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Erdeslawe Win User

Laptop keyboard not working properly after windows 10 update

The Windows 10 Upgrade probably fails to recognise your laptop keyboard because you had the external keyboard plugged in during the upgrade. The general advice from MS is to disconnect all external hardware when performing the upgrade.

Try Scan for Hardware Changes to see if that picks up your Laptop's keyboard (Right-Click on the Start Menu Button to use the 'old' Control Panel functions such as Device Manager). There may also be a Driver compatibility issue that needs resolving, if
    so it would probably be best to check if your Laptop Manufacturer has released any updated Windows 10 Drivers.

Erdeslawe, Jul 29, 2015
  3. avi_1 Win User
    Laptop keyboard not working properly after windows 10 update

I have just updated my medion laptop to windows 10 while doing the update I had a usb keyboard pugged in during the update.

Windows 10 is working fine, but the inbuilt keyboard is not. Being a laptop keyboard some of the buttons double up as a numerical keyboard when numb lock is turned on.

Now on the keyboard if t turn on numb lock the the numbers type fine. eg press letter 'L' number 3 appears. if I turn numb lock off and type those letters nothing happens. type letter L nothing appears on screen

The only way I can type the letters is to hold the fn key down while typing. To turn on numb lock I have to press fn and numb lock button.

any ideas how to fix this

avi_1, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Keyboard not working properly after installing windows 10?

1. Keyboard not working properly after installing windows 10? - Similar Threads - Keyboard working properly

2. Touchpad and keyboard not working properly after windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad and keyboard not working properly after windows 10 installation: My windows 10 didn't start after update so i deleted and reinstalled windows 10 but after installing my touchpad and keyboard not working properly Touchpad problem: when i start laptop, touchpad doesn't work and i have to logout user and after login touchpad works fine but...
  3. Touchpad and keyboard not working properly after windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad and keyboard not working properly after windows 10 installation: My windows 10 didn't start after update so i deleted and reinstalled windows 10 but after installing my touchpad and keyboard not working properly Touchpad problem: when i start laptop, touchpad doesn't work and i have to logout user and after login touchpad works fine but...
  4. Touchpad and keyboard not working properly after windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Not working PC properly after installing windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not working PC properly after installing windows 10: After installing windows 10 from windows 7 my pc working slow . Even start menu also working very very slow , not working application properly . Please help me to fix this problem...
  6. Keyboard is not working properly after windows 10 boot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard is not working properly after windows 10 boot.: Keyboard problem in windows 10 after system booting. Date: 08/07/2021For The last two weeks, I have noticed a very unusual and uncommon problem with my laptop. When the system is completely booted, the keyboard is not working properly. Then, I double...
  7. Windows 10 keyboard is not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 keyboard is not working properly: Hello, My windows 10 keyboard is not working properly, I tried reinstalling the keyboard using device manager and restarting the system yet the problem still occurs and I reinstall the keyboard again ... and so on. Example: when my keyboard is not working properly it types...
  8. Windows 10 keyboard is not working properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 keyboard is not working properly: Hello, My windows 10 keyboard is not working properly, I tried reinstalling the keyboard using device manager and restarting the system yet the problem still occurs and I reinstall the keyboard again ... and so on. Example: when my keyboard is not working properly it types...
  9. Keyboard not working properly on Windows 10

Keyboard not working properly on Windows 10: Suddenly laptop's keyboard started behaving weirdly, the top line of alphabets (q,w,e,r,t etc) is not working properly. Sometimes I have to press key many times to print a character , and sometimes I press it once and it prints letter 2 or 3 times, and shift + those buttons...
  10. Keyboard not working properly after installing windows 10?

Keyboard not working properly after installing windows 10?: After having installed windows 10 on my Asus laptop. Some of the keys are not working. Any ideas?? 9863