Windows 10: Keyboard NUMLOCK

Discus and support Keyboard NUMLOCK in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just reloaded Windows 10 and I can't keep the NUMLOCK on. I have tried many suggestions. I have looked at the registry and it shows on and the bio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jackman33, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Jackman33 Win User

Keyboard NUMLOCK

Just reloaded Windows 10 and I can't keep the NUMLOCK on. I have tried many suggestions. I have looked at the registry and it shows on and the bio shows it is on. Any suggestions?

:)

Jackman33, Nov 10, 2017
  2. djlanie Win User

Numlock on at startup

I have some information concerning the NumLock being off at startup. It would always be off when I booted up to the screen to enter the PIN. I remember somewhere reading about the 'on screen' keyboard, but did nothing with it because I don't have a touch
    screen. After checking the registry 'keyboard' information, and the 'quick start' and 'NumLock' in BIOS, I still had to turn the NumLock on manually at bootup. When I brought up the On Screen keyboard and checked the options for the On Screen keyboard, I
    found a checkbox for the NumLock 'unchecked'. When I put a check mark in the box, my NumLock now is on when I boot. So, even though I wasn't using the On Screen keyboard, that is what was not allowing the NumLock key to be 'on' at bootup!

djlanie, Nov 10, 2017
  3. auggy Win User
    numlk will NOT work in Win 10, however......

Hi,

Did you try Shift + NumLock?

Also, you may be able to "unlock" the NumLock using the On-Screen Keyboard :

Start > type OSK > then click on On-Screen Keyboard > Options > then "check" "turn on numeric key pad" > OK

Then click on NumLock to turn on.

auggy, Nov 10, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

Keyboard NUMLOCK

What is the make and model# of your Asus Motherboard?
    Restart the computer and press Del to boot into Setup (Bios) go to Integrated Peripherals. Look for NUM Lock. If it is disabled, using your Enter and Arrow keys, Enable it. Save and Exit

spunk, Nov 11, 2017
  5. Jackman33 Win User
    I have been into the bios and the registry and both show the thing is enabled. Funny that this only started after I installed a new hard drive. Until that time it has worked. Can't see any reason just because I changed the drive that it would not work.

Jackman33, Nov 11, 2017
  6. Plankton Win User
    Have you hit the key on your keyboard to off?

Plankton, Nov 11, 2017
  7. Jackman33 Win User
    I'm not sure what you mean...not as a general rule I don't. I have always had it on because I use a pin logging in and that is when I noticed it didn't automaticly come on.

Jackman33, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard NUMLOCK

1. Keyboard NUMLOCK - Similar Threads - Keyboard NUMLOCK

2. Mouse without border Keyboard caps and numlock doest sync with

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse without border Keyboard caps and numlock doest sync with: Hi,I have windows 7 and windows 10.From windows 10 when I move the mouse to windows 7 pc it moves very well. The keyboard caps lock and unlock go sync into windows 7 and no issues.If I put Caps Lock on and move mouse to windows 7, i get caps lock on in windows 7 as well., but...
  3. Mouse without border Keyboard caps and numlock doest sync with

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse without border Keyboard caps and numlock doest sync with: Hi,I have windows 7 and windows 10.From windows 10 when I move the mouse to windows 7 pc it moves very well. The keyboard caps lock and unlock go sync into windows 7 and no issues.If I put Caps Lock on and move mouse to windows 7, i get caps lock on in windows 7 as well., but...
  4. Mouse without border Keyboard caps and numlock doest sync with

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. NUMLOCK KEY For MY Dell All-inOne Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NUMLOCK KEY For MY Dell All-inOne Keyboard: Lookimg for the NumLock Key for my DP/K 0KJW6K dELL kEYBOARD...Thanks in AdvanceDave062inPortAngelesWa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/numlock-key-for-my-dell-all-inone-keyboard/3a3622ab-23ec-4924-993c-9637ebda0c19
  6. Keyboard not working for login & not NUMLOCK

Keyboard not working for login & not NUMLOCK: My sons laptop running Windows 10 does not allow the use of letters when typing in login pin, just numbers and enter key. It will ask to use the A1B2C3 phrase and the keyboard works fine then but when he goes to use his own pin/password neither the laptop keyboard or a...
  7. Keyboard not working for login & not NUMLOCK

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyboard not working for login & not NUMLOCK: My sons laptop running Windows 10 does not allow the use of letters when typing in login pin, just numbers and enter key. It will ask to use the A1B2C3 phrase and the keyboard works fine then but when he goes to use his own pin/password neither the laptop keyboard or a...
  8. Keyboard not working for login & not NUMLOCK

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Numlock key messes my keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Numlock key messes my keyboard: Hello, I have an issue. When I attempt to use my numeric keyboard, but even more so when numlock is turned on, multiple keys, both numeric keyboard and not, get messed up. For example, the "3" key acts like an enter, space also triggers the "2" key, backspace triggers the up...
  10. Numlock key messes my keyboard

Numlock key messes my keyboard: Hello, I have an issue. When I attempt to use my numeric keyboard, but even more so when numlock is turned on, multiple keys, both numeric keyboard and not, get messed up. For example, the "3" key acts like an enter, space also triggers the "2" key, backspace triggers the up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. logitech wireless keyboard and mouse have to hit numlock every time I restart the laptop