Windows 10: Keyboard occasionally messes up

Discus and support Keyboard occasionally messes up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, not too long ago I started noticing keyboard issues on my laptop. Windows key would get kind of stuck I suppose as if I was trying to press... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Blblr, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Blblr Win User

Keyboard occasionally messes up

Hello,

not too long ago I started noticing keyboard issues on my laptop. Windows key would get kind of stuck I suppose as if I was trying to press windows key + d/a/tab, etc. Sometimes a different key would get stuck, being unable to use letter keys and only be able to use ctrl, space, windows key, etc. I temporarily fix this by pressing multiple keys at once. I thought that it was my laptops keyboard going bust, but I decided to use my desktop PC which I hadn't in a while (it has windows 10 as well) and the same thing occasionally happens as well, tested with a wireless and MINI PS/2 keyboards, so it's definitely not hardware issue. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Update: Noticed that restarting explorer.exe also helps, just not sure for how long. But at least it seems that the issue is related to explorer.

:)

Blblr, Aug 25, 2017
  2. Savas_P Win User

Keyboard Messed Up

Oh right. Thanks!

Savas_P, Aug 25, 2017
  3. CycloneRB Win User
    Keyboard messing up.

When I click 1 on the right side of my keyboard, it does END, when I do 3, It does Pg Dn, I think I accidentally pressed something, how can I fix this?

CycloneRB, Aug 25, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Rule in / out problems with the operating system, drive, software conflicts, drivers, hardware.

1) open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    2) sfc /scannow
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    3) chkdsk /scan
    4) net user test /add

5) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread

6) msconfig (in the pop up system configuration > move the dot from normal startup to selective startup > uncheck load startup items > click service tab > in left lower corner check hide all Microsoft services > in the lower right side click disable all > click apply or ok > do not reboot)

7) taskmgr (in the pop up task manager > click on the start up tab > click on status so that the column sorts with enable rising to the top > right click on each row with enable and change to disable)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...oot-in-windows

https://social.technet.microsoft.com...indows-10.aspx

8) shutdown /r (you will reboot the computer so that it is in clean boot)

9) sign on with the new user named test

10) Evaluate the performance on your computer in clean boot during typical use.

11) type control in the left lower corner search > click on control panel > click on large or small icons > click on troubleshooting > on the left pane click on view all > run the following windows troubleshooters:

12) Hardware and Devices

13) For the troubleshooter make sure that advanced is clicked to apply repairs automatically.
    14) Click on view detailed information.
    15) Report any problems using images that were fixed or not fixed.

16) open device manager > expand keyboards > look for a yellow icon (if you see one report it in the thread) > update the driver:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...=1436753520149

zbook, Aug 27, 2017
  5. Blblr Win User
    Thank you for trying to help me out, zbook. However, somehow the problem disappeared on its own. Hopefully your post will help someone and in case this happen again, I will definitely give it a try myself.

Blblr, Aug 30, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    Glad you got it fixed....let us know if you need any additional help.

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Keyboard occasionally messes up - Similar Threads - Keyboard occasionally messes

2. Keyboard keys messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard keys messed up: yesterday i was playing a game on my laptop and my keys ''g'' and ''h'' weren't working at all but later they started typing again so i just assumed it was just because of the game but today when i press said keys they either get typed in 2-3x times even tho i press them just...
  3. The keyboard is messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The keyboard is messed up: KB: I-rocks K60M I don't know because of some problem my computer loses control even when I do nothing, it just stops when I press the key combination Fn+F9, but then some keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+A ,Copy n Paste... is disabled, maybe I accidentally pressed something that...
  4. The keyboard is messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The keyboard is messed up: KB: I-rocks K60M I don't know because of some problem my computer loses control even when I do nothing, it just stops when I press the key combination Fn+F9, but then some keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+A ,Copy n Paste... is disabled, maybe I accidentally pressed something that...
  5. My keyboard is messed up!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard is messed up!: Hey,I'm having several issues with my keyboard lately. First of all every time I clicked on microsoft edge for a while, it opened a note that I have on my desktop. When I closed the note my cursor kept selecting it,however it didn't opened again.Now I will be listing the...
  6. My keyboard is messed up!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard is messed up!: Hey,I'm having several issues with my keyboard lately. First of all every time I clicked on microsoft edge for a while, it opened a note that I have on my desktop. When I closed the note my cursor kept selecting it,however it didn't opened again.Now I will be listing the...
  7. Messed up keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Messed up keyboard: so something is wrong with my computer - any time I press the a key it acts as the left arrow key - when I press the w key it acts as the forward arrow key - same thing with my s and d keys to their counterparts?? HELP PLZ!!!...
  8. Messed up keyboard keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Messed up keyboard keys: On my desktop, my keyboard just started to mess up everything, I can't use the @ anymore, (I'm using the phone for writing) and basically every sign is messed up, how do I fix it? It already happened with my previous laptop but never found a way to fix submitted by...
  9. my keyboard is messed up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my keyboard is messed up: my kid managed to somehow mess up my laptops keyboard. the problem was that when i pressed c it would type in c/, d would d; and etc, now these are all fine exept of e and caps lock shift. /to type e i used copy and paste/ i tried turning the numlk off and it fixed most exept...
  10. Keyboard language mess up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard language mess up: A couple of days ago, I wanted to add Japanese as a keyboard language. I thought it had been fully installed, but it seems it wasn't. Since then, when I open the Language settings, the "Add a language" section takes a very, very, very long time to load. Once it's finally done...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explorer.exe garbles messes keyboard and mouse