Windows 10: Keyboard sensitivity

Discus and support Keyboard sensitivity in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am 73 years old and have a slight shake in my hands and fingers. I notice that very often I get two letters when I'm typing such as laast and fiirst.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tony Vella, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Keyboard sensitivity

I am 73 years old and have a slight shake in my hands and fingers. I notice that very often I get two letters when I'm typing such as laast and fiirst. I believe that there is a way to make the keyboard less sensitive but I simply cannot find the answer anywhere. Can anyone please give me a hint or actually tell me what to do if this is possible at all? Thanks in advance.

:)

Tony Vella, Mar 6, 2018

2. Keyboard

Can the sensitivity of the keyboard be changed through Windows?

GlennKnight700, Mar 6, 2018
  3. laptop keyboard sensitivity

Hello, I was wondering if there is any way to make my keyboard more sensitive? I have had to use an unnecessary amount of force when typing, especially when typing, making papers take 3 times as long when I'm typing on another computer. I also have to
    type extremely slowly, or else it doesn't register 3-5 letters, and especially with spaces and repeated letters, like the "pp" in "happening". I am also on a laptop, so I can't really replace the keyboard.

Thanks!

JacobSidlowski, Mar 6, 2018
  4. Try3 Win User

Keyboard sensitivity

Tony,

Yes, there is a method for doing what you want. It is in Control panel, Keyboard.

Start menu,
    Windows system,
    Control panel,
    Keyboard.

Play with the Repeat delay [& possibly also Repeat rate] settings.

Denis

Try3, Mar 6, 2018
  5. I had repeat delay all the way on short and repeat rate all the way on fast. I have adjusted them both to the other end [long & slow] and I have typed this message without a single double letter. As you can see - for which I thank you - your instructions were bang on. Thank you again, Denis!
    Tony.

Tony Vella, Mar 6, 2018
  6. Try3 Win User
    Tony,

I'm glad this resolved matters for you.

If you ever get problems using multiple key presses such as Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V for copying & pasting, you might consider Settings, Ease of access, Sticky keys.
    • If you were to turn this off you would be able to press, for example, the Ctrl button and then the C button to copy.
    • When the Settings, Ease of access, Sticky keys entry is turned on various other options appear but I've never played around with them so don't have any decent feel for which ones might prove useful.

Denis

Try3, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard sensitivity

1. Keyboard sensitivity - Similar Threads - Keyboard sensitivity

2. adjust keyboard sensitivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adjust keyboard sensitivity: Please help me with my keyboard. The keys are so sensitive that I often type double or triple letters. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adjust-keyboard-sensitivity/201f1bf3-4f2e-4fbe-b443-4e6cc4171e92
  3. adjust keyboard sensitivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adjust keyboard sensitivity: Please help me with my keyboard. The keys are so sensitive that I often type double or triple letters. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adjust-keyboard-sensitivity/201f1bf3-4f2e-4fbe-b443-4e6cc4171e92
  4. How do I increase keyboard sensitivity?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I increase keyboard sensitivity?: My keyboard is missing keystrokes unless I hit it super hard. Is there a way to increase the sensitivity?Note: This is NOT ABOUT REPEAT DELAY.Thank you....
  5. How do I increase keyboard sensitivity?

How do I increase keyboard sensitivity?: My keyboard is missing keystrokes unless I hit it super hard. Is there a way to increase the sensitivity?Note: This is NOT ABOUT REPEAT DELAY.Thank you....
  6. How do I increase keyboard sensitivity?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I accidentally pressed something on my keyboard and now it is too sensitive. What to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally pressed something on my keyboard and now it is too sensitive. What to do?: I accidentally pressed something on keyboard and it is too fast and sensitive, in keyboard settings everything is default like on my other pc. Is there any shortcut on keyboard or something similar that changes setting?Thanks....
  8. I accidentally pressed something on my keyboard and now it is too sensitive. What to do?

I accidentally pressed something on my keyboard and now it is too sensitive. What to do?: I accidentally pressed something on keyboard and it is too fast and sensitive, in keyboard settings everything is default like on my other pc. Is there any shortcut on keyboard or something similar that changes setting?Thanks....
  9. I accidentally pressed something on my keyboard and now it is too sensitive. What to do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. keyboard touch sensitivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard touch sensitivity: When I type, the cursor often jumps to another portion of the manuscript without my instructing it to do so. Whenever I ask people about it, they say my finger touched some other part of the keyboard or my clothing brushed it, but neither is true. The only thing I can figure...