Windows 10: Keyboard setting changes constantly

Discus and support Keyboard setting changes constantly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My laptop has a Swiss keyboard. Windows 10 Home came preinstalled with Swiss German localization and the keyboard setting worked fine. I installed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pps, Feb 13, 2016.

1. PPS
    pps Win User

Keyboard setting changes constantly

My laptop has a Swiss keyboard. Windows 10 Home came preinstalled with Swiss German localization and the keyboard setting worked fine. I installed the US English language pack of the OS and since then again and again my keyboard setting is changed to EN-US.
    It does not necessarily happen when I sign out and sign in again, even when signing into another account with different language setting. It does not necessarily happen when I send it into sleep or hibernate mode, but it seems to happen regularly when I reboot.
    Also within a Windows session certain events seem to change the keyboard setting and I do not know what triggers that change "on the fly".
    How can I stop this from happening?

:)

2. Keyboard setting (QWERTY keyboard) changes to the wrong keyboard (AZERTY)

It is Steam, not Microsoft. Thanks for the support. I can now ensure this does not happen anymore!

Roy Van Gestel, Feb 13, 2016
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    Keyboard setting (QWERTY keyboard) changes to the wrong keyboard (AZERTY)

Hi Roy,

To get better clarity on the issue, please do let us know the make and model of the device that you are using?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you toperform
    Clean Boot and check if it helps.

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

Please refer the steps given in the link below to perform a
    Clean Boot
    :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Feb 13, 2016
Thema:

Keyboard setting changes constantly

1. Keyboard setting changes constantly - Similar Threads - Keyboard setting changes

2. Keyboard settings changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard settings changed: Cleaned my keyboard and must have hit something because now everything has changed. Spacebar is now enter, the V button now types “gbv” and X is now “/x”, ect.I’ve tried changing the keyboard settings to US English, I’ve tried uninstalling the keyboard all together in the...
  3. Keyboard settings changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard settings changed: Cleaned my keyboard and must have hit something because now everything has changed. Spacebar is now enter, the V button now types “gbv” and X is now “/x”, ect.I’ve tried changing the keyboard settings to US English, I’ve tried uninstalling the keyboard all together in the...
  4. Keyboard settings changed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard is changing settings not language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard is changing settings not language: Hi, Every so often 2-3 times a day my keyboard is changing settings and is no longer usable. For example none of the letter keys type anything, a shortcut to closer a browser for example ctrl + w does not work and escape button opens a new file explorer page. I've gone into...
  6. Keyboard constantly changes language layout by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard constantly changes language layout by itself: Hello,Some of our users are encountering an annoying issues with their keyboard layout since ~ Mars I would say. I suspect Windows Update to be the source of the problem. We have two keyboard layouts :- Swiss french- Swiss germanThe issue is that some of our French users have...
  7. Keyboard constantly changes language layout by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard constantly changes language layout by itself: Hello,Some of our users are encountering an annoying issues with their keyboard layout since ~ Mars I would say. I suspect Windows Update to be the source of the problem. We have two keyboard layouts :- Swiss french- Swiss germanThe issue is that some of our French users have...
  8. Windows 10 changes settings constantly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 changes settings constantly: So I left a laptop with W 10 running, doing some tasks. About 6h from boot it restarts automatically. I guess it's part of windows update, so I disable all telemetry and update settings and disable service in services.msc, stopping it too. About one day later (laptop was...
  9. Problem changing keyboard settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem changing keyboard settings: Hello. I had recently changed the hotkeys for language changing in my keyboard settings and I found out that they dont suit me. However, Windows doesn´t let me make another change and a window pops up saying that I do not have the appropriate permission to change these...
  10. Bluelight settings constantly changing by themselves

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluelight settings constantly changing by themselves: Hi, I'm using my laptop sometimes by itself and sometimes with an external monitor. I have defined a custom color profile for the external monitor (though it is pretty much the same as the laptop color profile and I don't really care which one is active). I also have the...