Windows 10: keyboard settings changed after windows 10 intallation

Discus and support keyboard settings changed after windows 10 intallation in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use Acer aspire one D257 netbook with windows 7 starter edition. Today I upgraded to windows 10 home edition. There after my keyboard settings for Fn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alok Singh, Aug 5, 2015.

1. keyboard settings changed after windows 10 intallation

I use Acer aspire one D257 netbook with windows 7 starter edition. Today I upgraded to windows 10 home edition. There after my keyboard settings for Fn key has changed and 4,5,6,1,2,3, etc have become default buttons and u,i,o,j,k,l, etc have become fn buttons, even now I am typing after pressing fn buttons.
    how to rectify this? Should I go back to windows 7?

:)

Alok Singh, Aug 5, 2015

2. Windows 10 - When in hibernate, pc turns itself on due to windows updates

How do you change the time for intalling? There is no option after going into updates on my

Windows 10.

H. RichardLamke, Aug 5, 2015
  3. D_777 Win User
    Speeding up Windows 10 ?

How much RAM Windows 10 uses after fresh restart/intall.

What is the lowest RAM usage you have seen ?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

D_777, Aug 5, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

keyboard settings changed after windows 10 intallation

Have you checked, if Acer offers updated drivers for Windows 10 for your model?

It might be that hitting Fn four or five times toggles it back to normal, but if it does basically depends on the model/driver.

Somewhere in the control panel, Windows has a StickyKeys option, which you should be able to find through the Windows search - search for "StickyKeys". Maybe toggling that one helps.

Joergi, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

keyboard settings changed after windows 10 intallation

1. keyboard settings changed after windows 10 intallation - Similar Threads - keyboard settings changed

2. Keyboard settings changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard settings changed: Cleaned my keyboard and must have hit something because now everything has changed. Spacebar is now enter, the V button now types “gbv” and X is now “/x”, ect.I’ve tried changing the keyboard settings to US English, I’ve tried uninstalling the keyboard all together in the...
  3. Keyboard settings changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard settings changed: Cleaned my keyboard and must have hit something because now everything has changed. Spacebar is now enter, the V button now types “gbv” and X is now “/x”, ect.I’ve tried changing the keyboard settings to US English, I’ve tried uninstalling the keyboard all together in the...
  4. Keyboard settings changed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Looping in "Intall Windows" after resting the computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Looping in "Intall Windows" after resting the computer: I reset my HP laptop to hopefully fix the action center/notification that keeps on popping up. After resetting to remove all files, I restarted the computer and there is an error with Install Windows: The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error....
  6. Windows 10 Enterprise - Changing Default Keyboard Setting

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Enterprise - Changing Default Keyboard Setting: Greetings. I am not a techie although I can follow clear, complete, and unambiguous instructions. I need to use the CAFR (Canadian French) keyboard setting to ensure that the result of a keystroke is correct. Example: On my physical keyboard, the double-quote character (") is...
  7. Windows 10 Keyboard repeat rate settings change after restart.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Keyboard repeat rate settings change after restart.: Hello. I would like to change the repeat rate for my keyboard, and it works how I want it to until I shut down/restart my computer. I can't seem to figure out how to fix it. Please help....
  8. Windows 10 pro intall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pro intall: Trying to load Win 10 Pro from i installation disk. It tries to reach server for IPv4 and IPv6 but they get no response timeout Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you...
  9. After Intalling 1809 Windows will not load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After Intalling 1809 Windows will not load: Last week I attempted to install 1809 on my main PC, and it wouldn't install. Just kept going back to the desktop. I tried to do a clean install from a fresh boot media, and it would not load. The windows logo appears and the spinning dots gets to 1 or 2 dots and freezes...
  10. Intalled Windows 10 on brand new laptop and it changed my password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Intalled Windows 10 on brand new laptop and it changed my password: I just bought the Asus Zenbook and when I opened it it asked me if I wanted to install Windows 10, I did, but now for some reason it won't let me log-in telling me that the password I am using is wrong. I used the same password I had used to log-in when installing Windows 10....