Windows 10: Keyboard setup

Discus and support Keyboard setup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, in my initial set up the voice recognition system got the language wrong. I was going for Spanish and it got Finish, how can I change that setting.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sandra Osorio (sandrao), Aug 12, 2018.

1. Keyboard setup

Hi, in my initial set up the voice recognition system got the language wrong. I was going for Spanish and it got Finish, how can I change that setting. Thank you.

Sandra

:)

Sandra Osorio (sandrao), Aug 12, 2018

2. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    keyboard

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Click Start and then click Settings
    • Click on Ease of access
    • Click Keyboard in the left pane
    • Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane

Also, try pressing the Fn+ Num Lock keys to turn off the Number lock function.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard setup

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard setup

1. Keyboard setup - Similar Threads - Keyboard setup

2. My mouse pointer disappear in windows 10 setup for choosing keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse pointer disappear in windows 10 setup for choosing keyboard layout: My mouse pointer disappear during windows 10 setup for choosing keyboard layout. I want to update window 7 to window 10 but im stuck on this stage.What do i need to do? I tried using the windows function but it doesnt work and my mouse is already updated to the latest...
  3. My mouse pointer disappear in windows 10 setup for choosing keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse pointer disappear in windows 10 setup for choosing keyboard layout: My mouse pointer disappear during windows 10 setup for choosing keyboard layout. I want to update window 7 to window 10 but im stuck on this stage.What do i need to do? I tried using the windows function but it doesnt work and my mouse is already updated to the latest...
  4. why my external keyboard is not working while entering the bios setup??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why my external keyboard is not working while entering the bios setup??: my external keyboard is not working while entering the bios setup.. when i turn on my laptop it gets stuck on a black screen.. my laptops internal keyboard is also not working. for entering the boot menu.. i cant do anything .. please help me with a solution for this...
  5. why my external keyboard is not working while entering the bios setup??

why my external keyboard is not working while entering the bios setup??: my external keyboard is not working while entering the bios setup.. when i turn on my laptop it gets stuck on a black screen.. my laptops internal keyboard is also not working. for entering the boot menu.. i cant do anything .. please help me with a solution for this...
  6. why my external keyboard is not working while entering the bios setup??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Cannot setup Windows 11 due to network, keyboard issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot setup Windows 11 due to network, keyboard issues.: Hi,I recently installed Windows 11 on a new boot drive on my laptop swapped old boot drive for an upgrade. However, as I am going through Windows 11 setup, I reach the connect to network step and see that there are no available networks. Searching around, I found that this is...
  8. Cannot setup Windows 11 due to network, keyboard issues.

Cannot setup Windows 11 due to network, keyboard issues.: Hi,I recently installed Windows 11 on a new boot drive on my laptop swapped old boot drive for an upgrade. However, as I am going through Windows 11 setup, I reach the connect to network step and see that there are no available networks. Searching around, I found that this is...
  9. Can't Open computer as I can't setup a new PIN in Windows 10. Also my keyboard won't type...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Open computer as I can't setup a new PIN in Windows 10. Also my keyboard won't type...: I don't know what is going on, but my keyboard won't type anything. Microsoft want me to enter a pincode or password. I need help please!!!! I work from home and therefore need my laptop. It's like Microsoft have my laptop locked....
  10. Can't Open computer as I can't setup a new PIN in Windows 10. Also my keyboard won't type...

Can't Open computer as I can't setup a new PIN in Windows 10. Also my keyboard won't type...: I don't know what is going on, but my keyboard won't type anything. Microsoft want me to enter a pincode or password. I need help please!!!! I work from home and therefore need my laptop. It's like Microsoft have my laptop locked....