Windows 10: Keyboard Shortcut to open browser

Discus and support Keyboard Shortcut to open browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi all Was wondering if there is a shortcut to launch your default browser from your keyboard. Instead of having to use your mouse to click on it?... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Manglol, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Manglol Win User

Keyboard Shortcut to open browser

Hi all

Was wondering if there is a shortcut to launch your default browser from your keyboard. Instead of having to use your mouse to click on it?

Or if I can set one up?

:)

Manglol, Jan 15, 2017
  2. Reinfeldx Win User

Mouse and Keyboard Center: Open Apps on Top

I am using the Mouse and Keyboard center to configure my shortcut buttons along the top of the Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000.

An example of my problem: when I press the Web/Home shortcut key in the upper left to open my web browser, it opens in the background and not on top of my active window. I would like the browser to open on top of whatever active windows I might have open
    at the time. A screenshot of the current behavior:

Keyboard Shortcut to open browser [​IMG]

Is there a way to use these shortcut buttons to open apps in the foreground? Thanks.

Reinfeldx, Jan 15, 2017
  3. RobertJr. Win User
    Is there a key combo to close the edge browser ?

Is there a keyboard shortcut to close the Edge browser window ?

RobertJr., Jan 15, 2017
  4. Barman58 Win User

Most after-market keyboards come with an array of special function keys and also a FN key that allows a second function for the F keys.

I use all Logitech keyboards and all of mine have this programmed as an extra function on the F1 key (you can also set whether the FN key is needed to access either the FN keys or additional functions

These keyboards are available at various prices from a few dollars to hundreds of dollars so a suitable unit should not be difficult to find something

There are software options to add this sort of functionality to keyboards without them built in - But I'm not sure of a reliable one for Windows 10

Barman58, Jan 15, 2017
Thema:

1. Keyboard Shortcut to open browser - Similar Threads - Keyboard Shortcut open

2. How to open a shortcut in local folder with Edge Browser?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to open a shortcut in local folder with Edge Browser?: Is it possible to open shortcut in local folder via Edge Browser?Reason is shortcut open wrong location of OneNote 365 otherwise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-a-shortcut-in-local-folder-with-edge/6b5c0e25-0a4b-482b-bb26-8b04f346032d
  3. How to open a shortcut in local folder with Edge Browser?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to open a shortcut in local folder with Edge Browser?: Is it possible to open shortcut in local folder via Edge Browser?Reason is shortcut open wrong location of OneNote 365 otherwise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-a-shortcut-in-local-folder-with-edge/6b5c0e25-0a4b-482b-bb26-8b04f346032d
  4. How to open a shortcut in local folder with Edge Browser?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard shortcut: Every key is linked with a shortcut, for example, E will open File Explorer, D brings me to the desktop, W opens the whiteboard, and so on. Yesterday, I was using my laptop like usually and it just happened this morning, randomly. The weirdest thing is that the exact same...
  6. Keyboard stops typing and opens shortcuts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard stops typing and opens shortcuts: My keyboard randomly starts opening up shortcuts. These are some of the things I've tried already: Resetting computer/turning it off Sometimes works Sometimes the computer is typing normal just after I turned it on then it goes crazy. This is why I know there is no key...
  7. keyboard shortcut to open search?

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard shortcut to open search?: [ATTACH] how to open search with help keyboard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-shortcut-to-open-search/3542caa4-07e0-4f71-a01e-acf2d9d1140c
  8. Keyboard Shortcuts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard Shortcuts: Hi everyone, I have a Windows 10 OS, (System Model XPS 15 9560) for which I can't get certain keyboard shortcuts to work. Most of them (such as Ctrl C/V) work perfectly well, but if I try to refresh the page with F5 nothing happens. Any advice would be much appreciated....
  9. Keyboard Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Shortcuts: I've lost all keyboard shortcuts - how can I restore them? 27956
  10. Keyboard Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Shortcuts: How do you turn OFF keyboard shortcuts? I never use them but when I'm typing, I often hit CTRL when I mean the Shift key and then whatever letter I hit next is then combined with CTRL and displays something I don't want. I've been unable to find the setting that hopefully...