Windows 10: keyboard shortcuts with the windows key snap assist

Discus and support keyboard shortcuts with the windows key snap assist in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am unable to snap on my windows 10 machine via the keyboard shortcut (windows key + arrow of the diection of snap) because everytime I hit the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dandaskew21, Aug 11, 2015.

1. keyboard shortcuts with the windows key snap assist

I am unable to snap on my windows 10 machine via the keyboard shortcut (windows key + arrow of the diection of snap) because everytime I hit the windows button it opens the start menu. How do I access all the keyboard shortcuts that start with the windows key if it always opens the start menu?

Thanks

:)

dandaskew21, Aug 11, 2015

2. Windows 10: Snap Assist keyboard shortcuts suddenly not working

1. I didn't make any changes to the computer before the problem occurred. It was completely unexpected.

2. Other keyboard shortcuts work.

I am running the two commands you suggest, and I will let you know how it turns out.

1. the first one came back that the component store is repairable.

2. I am running the second one.

It didn't work. I got an error message.

Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found.

Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see http://go.microsoft.come/fwlink/?LinkId=243077

MosheArmelG, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Windows 10: Snap Assist keyboard shortcuts suddenly not working

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us with the status.

Let us troubleshoot the issue by checking if the issue persists in Safe Mode. Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. It can help you troubleshoot problems on your PC.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

If the issue does not persist in Safe Mode, perform a Clean Boot.
    A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows
    7, or Windows Vista. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

* Place the computer in a Clean Boot and check if the issue is occurring due to any third party programs.

You can open the system configuration window in Windows 10:

a. Using run command.

• Press Windows Key + R keys on the Keyboard.
    • Type msconfig.msc and press Enter.

b. Using Cortana.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard and type
      msconfig
    • Select the top most search result.

Follow the steps from 3 under How to perform a clean boot
    for Windows 8.1 and Windows 8 from the link below (The steps for clean boot suggested in the link below for
    Windows 8/8.1 is applicable for Windows 10 as well):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: Start the computer in normal mode refer the section,
    How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    from the link above.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

keyboard shortcuts with the windows key snap assist

Brink, Aug 11, 2015
Thema:

keyboard shortcuts with the windows key snap assist

1. keyboard shortcuts with the windows key snap assist - Similar Threads - keyboard shortcuts key

2. snap using shortcut key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    snap using shortcut key: by using shortcut key my snap not working partial pop up but not save but if open app then working . i update few mothth ago as update coming https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snap-using-shortcut-key/d86a4edb-a033-46dc-b131-6ed8dff84873
  3. snap using shortcut key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    snap using shortcut key: by using shortcut key my snap not working partial pop up but not save but if open app then working . i update few mothth ago as update coming https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snap-using-shortcut-key/d86a4edb-a033-46dc-b131-6ed8dff84873
  4. Snap Assist Issue required to press keyboard shortcut twice

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snap Assist Issue required to press keyboard shortcut twice: I have the Windows 10, version 1909 with the latest update installed OS Build 18363.752. I have had this issue related to the 'Snap windows' feature for a while: Under Settings > System > Multitasking, I have enabled the 'Snap windows' feature with all the options checked....
  5. Disabling Mouse drag snap but keeping Keyboard shortcuts snap

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling Mouse drag snap but keeping Keyboard shortcuts snap: I have been trying to find a solution to this but have come up with nothing. I am having trouble with resizing windows with the mouse, where it automatically either maximises or snaps to one side when it is not my intention. I want to disable this, but the two options I...
  6. Snap windows (issue with keyboard shortcut)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snap windows (issue with keyboard shortcut): I have the Windows 10, version 1903 with the latest update installed (October 24, 2019—KB4522355 (OS Build 18362.449), at the time of writing). I have had this issue related to the 'Snap windows' feature for a while: Under Settings > System > Multitasking, I have enabled...
  7. Snap Assist In Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Snap Assist In Windows 10: [ATTACH] Snap Assist is a feature in Windows 10, that is not noticed by many. Though this feature is enabled by default in every Windows 10 PC, only a very few users are using it. In this post, we will learn [...] This post How to use Snap Assist In Windows 10 is from...
  8. Windows snapping keyboard shortcut hotkeys not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows snapping keyboard shortcut hotkeys not working: Hi, So suddenly today while rearranging windows, snapping stopped working. I'm unable to snap windows using the Win + Left/Right/Up/Down. Moving the windows with the mouse still works, but not with the keyboard hotkeys. As you can imagine this is incredibly inconvenient...
  9. Disable corner snapping keyboard shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable corner snapping keyboard shortcut in Windows 10: Hi, This is a small thing they added in Windows 10, but it's really annoying me. I like to use Win + Down arrow to minimise windows, but if you've already hit Win + Left or Right, Aero snapping to the side, Win + Down will snap the window to the corner instead of minimising....
  10. Snap / Snap Assist isues

in Windows 10 Support
    Snap / Snap Assist isues: I am not at all sure Snap & Snap Assist are working as they should. I find it rather confusing to sort out what to expect, having read some articles about it (here and elswhere.) The most obvious sign is that there is no transparent overlay. I have never seen this...