Windows 10: Keyboard Software - Deletes like iOS when backspace is held

Discus and support Keyboard Software - Deletes like iOS when backspace is held in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Here's the typical, "sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum," part. I wasn't sure if it should go here or general, so please move it, if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by captains1stm8, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Keyboard Software - Deletes like iOS when backspace is held

Here's the typical, "sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum," part. I wasn't sure if it should go here or general, so please move it, if appropriate.

Anyone that has typed on iOS knows that if you a bunch of words typed and hold the backspace key, it initally deletes 1 character at a time, then as it is continued to be held, it continues deleting 1 character at a time, but it deletes more quickly. Ultimately, while still holding the backspace key, it starts to delete whole words, then more quickly until it starts deleting full sentences. I love the way that works. *Biggrin

My question is if there is any type of a software or tweak for Windows 10 that could mimic that. I know that if you hold ctrl+backspace in Windows, if will delete words at a time, but I really like the way iOS kind of escalates up through the backspaces.

Any ideas?

Thanks, All!

:)

captains1stm8, Jul 26, 2016

2. Microsoft Universal Foldable Keyboard: Delete key on iOS?

I use the Microsoft Universal Foldable Keyboard with an iOS device (iPhone SE running iOS 10.3.2). I am trying to get the "Delete" key to work.

I read on
    this
    data sheet that with the iOS key binding, Delete can be used by combining Fn and Backspace. However, in iOS mode the Fn key is mapped to Cmd, so that pressing Fn/Cmd and Backspace at the same time causes a "delete the current line" rather than a proper
    "Delete" for me.

Any idea on how to get this to work? Many thanks!

BerndBread, Jul 26, 2016
  3. Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard inserting extra characters

After working brilliantly for a year, this keyboard has picked up an issue in the past few days:

When I type quickly, certain character combinations will cause the word I type to be deleted. For example, typing "ou" rapidly will delete the word I'm typing. Various other combinations (io) will also do this.

I've used mskey to debug, and it seems the keyboard is sending Ctrl + Win + Backspace in these intervals.

I've checked this across a few machines (one wasn't Windows), so this doesn't seem to be a software problem. Is this something that I can resolve on the hardware side?

NathanWong, Jul 26, 2016
Thema:

Keyboard Software - Deletes like iOS when backspace is held

1. Keyboard Software - Deletes like iOS when backspace is held - Similar Threads - Keyboard Software Deletes

2. keyboard is constantly backspacing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard is constantly backspacing: before i start, please know i’ve done everything thing i could possibly find on these forums like uninstalling and reinstalling keyboard drivers. i even reset my pc twice to try to fix this! no matter what keyboard i use, it has a glitch where when i click on links; it...
  3. keyboard is constantly backspacing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard is constantly backspacing: before i start, please know i’ve done everything thing i could possibly find on these forums like uninstalling and reinstalling keyboard drivers. i even reset my pc twice to try to fix this! no matter what keyboard i use, it has a glitch where when i click on links; it...
  4. my keyboard is giving false keystrokes that are being held down. backspace backslash delete...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keyboard is giving false keystrokes that are being held down. backspace backslash delete...: i have uninstalled drivers, checked for sticky/filter keys, reset the pc, check for stuck down keys, tested a different keyboard, unplugged extra usbs and tried different usb slots . nothing makes a difference i dont even know what else to try the problem persist thru every...
  5. my keyboard is giving false keystrokes that are being held down. backspace backslash delete...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my keyboard is giving false keystrokes that are being held down. backspace backslash delete...: i have uninstalled drivers, checked for sticky/filter keys, reset the pc, check for stuck down keys, tested a different keyboard, unplugged extra usbs and tried different usb slots . nothing makes a difference i dont even know what else to try the problem persist thru every...
  6. Backspace and delete keys are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backspace and delete keys are not working: After recent Windows 11 update 22H2 delete key and backspace keys are not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backspace-and-delete-keys-are-not-working/ac3b1e15-f293-40ec-93c8-f8bb2ab18409
  7. Keyboard backspace weird

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard backspace weird: So i;ve bought a new mechanical keyboard woorth quite the Buck, and its all good instead of one thing,. If u see grammatical or spelling mistakes in here its not njbecause im dumb its because i cant use my backspace. When i click my backspace to delete a letter this comes...
  8. Keyboard not recognizing it being held

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard not recognizing it being held: Every time i hold a key on my keyboard, instead of it being held, its spamming the same key multiple times,which is quite annoying while playing a game, can someone help me with this?...
  9. KEYBOARD SOFTWARE DELETED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KEYBOARD SOFTWARE DELETED: keyboard accidentally deleted, nothing works, nothing . I have tried everything, restarting pc,reseting to default, nothing worked. typing with on screen keyboard ATM. HELP PLEASE!...
  10. Spacekey/bar acting like Backspace

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spacekey/bar acting like Backspace: I have tried all tricks out the on the net - no luck yet ! I have tried to install english and UN-install danish then reinstall danish - no luck ! What is wrong here ?...