Windows 10: keyboard stopped working ! ( code 19)

Discus and support keyboard stopped working ! ( code 19) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; keyboard on my dell laptop has stopped working. Initially device manager code was 19 , after trying to uninstall keyboard and restart code changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Uzumaki Naruto, Mar 20, 2017.

1. keyboard stopped working ! ( code 19)

keyboard on my dell laptop has stopped working. Initially device manager code was 19 , after trying to uninstall keyboard and restart code changed twice. once to code 12 then code 10. Now , it shows error code 10.

I can't type much since I am using on screen keyboard.
    Details are posted here :-
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...f-6f16b495c51c

keyboard works fine when booting other OS. I have remix os on usb drive ,keyboard works in it.

:)

Uzumaki Naruto, Mar 20, 2017

2. keyboard stopped working ! ( code 19)

1. I was trying to install andy emulator The Best Android Emulator For PC & Mac | Andy Android Emulator

- it took alot of time so i aborted it. it suggested to reboot pc because of incomplete installation.

- after reboot keyboard stopped working.

2. Till now I have tried

- restarting

- completely uninstall andy and its files.

- deleting upperfilter from registry as per internet solutions. It didn't have lowerfilter and restart.

3. windows 10 is up to date. everything was working when it was updated.

4. version 1607 ( os build 14393.953 ).

Sumeet Darade, Mar 20, 2017
  3. keyboard stopped working ! ( code 19)

Hi Sumeet,

We would like to know more about the issue.

• When did the issue start?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you installed the latest updates for Windows 10?
    • What is the current version and build number of your Windows 10 PC?
    To find out the version and build number of your Windows PC, click Start, type
    winver then press Enter.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Mar 20, 2017
  4. keyboard stopped working ! ( code 19)

Try checking to see if you can download an updated keyboard driver from Dell's website. Aside from that, I would try running sfc /scannow in an admin command prompt. Corrupt/missing system files can cause all sorts of weird issues. It may not do anything to fix it, but its an easy check to do and doesnt cost anything and certainly cant hurt.

As it works in other OSs, its doubtful that its a hardware issue.

ArazelEternal, Mar 20, 2017
  5. I did run sfc and DISM command as administrator. lt completed successfully and showed no errors. i updated all the drivers from dells website already.

Uzumaki Naruto, Mar 20, 2017
  6. There was no solution to this problem. Reset or restore is required. I tried two restore points. older one worked.

Uzumaki Naruto, Mar 21, 2017
  7. That's really interesting. I'd like to find out why it wasn't working and what caused it.

ArazelEternal, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

keyboard stopped working ! ( code 19)

1. keyboard stopped working ! ( code 19) - Similar Threads - keyboard stopped working

2. Keyboards not working with HP Laptop - keyboard driver failure code 19 after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboards not working with HP Laptop - keyboard driver failure code 19 after update: This is a follow-up thread to thisI have a HP laptop which was having problem mentioned in the linked thread above.Performed a clean install after deleting all partition and installed the drivers available from HP support assistant - the computer functioned fine for a...
  3. Keyboards not working with HP Laptop - keyboard driver failure code 19 after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboards not working with HP Laptop - keyboard driver failure code 19 after update: This is a follow-up thread to thisI have a HP laptop which was having problem mentioned in the linked thread above.Performed a clean install after deleting all partition and installed the drivers available from HP support assistant - the computer functioned fine for a...
  4. Keyboards not working with HP Laptop - keyboard driver failure code 19 after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard Not Working - Code 19

Keyboard Not Working - Code 19: Please Help Me. After I did a registry clean in CCleaner I restarted the PC. And the keyboard stopped working. Typed with On-Screen. I tried so many things & they are below. *Delete and reinstalling the driver. *Restarting the PC. *Restoring registry through CCleaner...
  6. CODE 19 KEYBOARD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CODE 19 KEYBOARD: Hello, I just started my computer today and the keyboard wasnt working , i used the on screen keyboard to login and then got to device manager. It said code 19 information in registery is incomplete or in correct....... I watched a video on yt and did as it said to go to...
  7. Code 19 on my keyboard in device manager

Code 19 on my keyboard in device manager: #I have this messages for my keyboard --Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration in the registry is incomplete or damaged +Code 19...
  8. code 19

code 19: CD/DVD: Windows cannot start this device because it's config info in Reg is incomplete or damaged. (code 19). CD/DVD failure using VxD loader https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/code-19/57b280f0-8b6f-41a4-813e-e1ce379ae35e
  9. HID Controler not working (Code 19) [Solution]

in Windows 10 Customization
    HID Controler not working (Code 19) [Solution]: Hello, I'm Renzo Chiarino. This morning I was trying to do some work, but I noticed that my keyboard was not working normally. I started a search for the possible cause or solution. I started with the basics, disconnected and connected the keyboard to another usb, but...
  10. Asus Numpad Code 19 - laptop keyboard not working

Asus Numpad Code 19 - laptop keyboard not working: So my ASUS ROG GL502V keyboard stopped working after a windows update - device manager shows warning symbol on the Asus Numpad driver with code 19 (error in registry). I have run sfc / scannow with nothing found - checked registry folder...
Tags: