Windows 10: Keyboard stops working, then beeping starts

Discus and support Keyboard stops working, then beeping starts in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; With Win 10, sometimes when I'm typing an email reply with Live Mail the keyboard stops working and I hear a beeping sound. I can get it to stop by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GerryPeters, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Keyboard stops working, then beeping starts

With Win 10, sometimes when I'm typing an email reply with Live Mail the keyboard stops working and I hear a beeping sound. I can get it to stop by going to WordPad and type a few letters, then the beeping stops and I can go back to Live Mail and finish typing my email reply. Other times the keyboard loses 3 or 4 strokes and sometimes I hear 1 beep when that happens.

I've only had this happen in Live Mail, although I really don't type that much in other programs. I had this same problem with Win 7, upgraded to Win 10 and still have it. Any ideas on what is happening here?

:)

GerryPeters, Mar 5, 2016
  2. Ofir_S Win User

SOLVED: Windows 10 makes beeping sounds while using the keyboard.

While I was working on Photoshop or playing games, I obviously use the keyboard. However when i press some keys or a combination (I don't know what I did exactly) It makes these beeping sounds.

It's not the beeps that I mind, but it sorts of disables my keyboard or something.

When I was playing a full-screen game I had to stop the game and press ESC to make the keyboard respond again.

It's not the beeps you get when there is an error or the beeps you get when pressing the num lock, caps lock and scroll lock keys.

Using Windows 10, and a standard Microsoft keyboard.

Ofir_S, Mar 5, 2016
  3. Keyboard beeping on any key

I've got Windows 10 for quite some time now.

Started earlier today, first my laptop keyboard stopped working, every key, followed by a brief beep on every one of them. But just after loggin in. After enabling and desabling some accessibilities regarding the keyboard, I was able to type, but Always
    followed by the beep, on every single key.

I lurked a little, thought to go on on driver update, but my desktop is doing the same. Only in my account. My husband uses the same desktop, and his user account Works perfecly.

AngelicaSG, Mar 5, 2016
Thema:

Keyboard stops working, then beeping starts

1. Keyboard stops working, then beeping starts - Similar Threads - Keyboard stops working

2. Keyboard beep on startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Keyboard beep on startup: My MSI GS66 makes 1 beep, when I press the first key after startup. It only beeps then, and it doesn't matter what key I press. How do I make the computer not beep when I press a key after startup? The beep is short, maybe 1 or 2 seconds long. It goes from a high pitch to a...
  3. Keyboard keys randomly stop working and starts working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard keys randomly stop working and starts working: Currently on my 6 year old Dell Inspiron r15, my Tab, Caps lock and left shift are no longer working I believe I've already made a post asking for fixes but It didn't really matter that much anymore. However now the X key is having problems and will die out at random times,...
  4. System beeping and keyboard not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System beeping and keyboard not working.: The computer is making beep beep sound after startup and keyboard is never working also not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-beeping-and-keyboard-not-working/ff77ace0-c62f-456d-b187-aa5b35ffc748
  5. Keyboard and mouse stop working then start again

Keyboard and mouse stop working then start again: recently i was working on my computer when my keyboard and mouse both stopped working i tried restarting the desktop several times after it completely rebooted i got them back the mouse as i write this is stable and not stopping or disappearing but the keyboard will stop from...
  6. keyboard beeping

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard beeping: There's certain combinations on my laptop keyboard that when I press them, it makes a beeping sound and won't type some of the letters. The only cause I can possibly think of is keyboard drivers, but I tried to update them, no luck. The combinations include: zvb bhn qfr aik...
  7. Beep sound randomnly starts and system stops functioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Beep sound randomnly starts and system stops functioning: Hi, i am using Hp probook 4540s configured with windows 10. For some time, I have been facing an issue of continous beep sound occuring from my laptop at random times. Along with the sound, my system stops responding or responds too slowly. However, beep sound stops sometimes...
  8. Beeping key on keyboard!

Beeping key on keyboard!: Hi, everything was fine yesterday until today that I noticed that when I clicked the letter "m" makes a beeping noise... it's only this key that makes the noise. I have sticky keys turned off and I went to easy of access and disabled the noise, but it's still doing it. I also...
  9. Windows 10 Keyboard stopped working and make beeping sounds advice

Windows 10 Keyboard stopped working and make beeping sounds advice: Filter keys opened somehow and i couldnt type anything and keyboard wont work. So I had to look it up on youtube to find solution. This filter keys stuff blocks all the keyboard functions. I would at least understand why there is a feature like that if it didnt had a shortcut...
  10. "Start" virtual button & keyboard button stop working

in Windows 10 Support
    "Start" virtual button & keyboard button stop working: I just did a clean install on W10 and change my bios to UEFI (which it supports.) I'm having this intermittent problem with the Windows "Start" Button in the lower left. It just stops working - left clicking doesn't do anything, although right-clicking does. I just have the...