Windows 10: Keyboard stuck between two languages

Discus and support Keyboard stuck between two languages in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 HP Envy, and am having some trouble with languages on my keyboard. I have English (US) as my default Windows display language, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Caleb51, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Caleb51 Win User

Keyboard stuck between two languages

I have a Windows 10 HP Envy, and am having some trouble with languages on my keyboard. I have English (US) as my default Windows display language, but I installed a French AZERTY keyboard within the English language pack to easily switch between the two when I need to type with French accents. However, sometimes, when I'm in the French keyboard, the keyboard will seem to get stuck between the two languages. When this happens and I press the number keys at the top of the keyboard, for example, they still return the default accents of the French keyboard. If I try to use the main letter keys, however, that's stuck on an English setting. (Example: in French the Q key becomes the A key, but when my keyboard gets stuck, the Q key returns a Q if I hit it). Basically, the alphabet keys revert to the English setting, but the number keys and special characters remain in their French setting. Also, when this happens, the language bar does not work as intended if I hit Windows+space bar. It'll show that I'm trying to switch the languages, but the language bar itself doesn't change.

Each time this happens, I've been able to go into language preferences to fix it. If I go into the keyboard screen and click the individual keyboards, it seems to fix itself. The problem doesn't seem to be triggered by anything in particular, but it doesn't happen unless I've switched from English to French. I've tried looking online, but no one else seems to have had this issue. I used to have the French and English language pack separately, and I tried uninstalling the French one and using only the French keyboard, but that didn't fix the problem. If anyone has any ideas, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks all!

:)

Caleb51, Aug 1, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Aug 1, 2018
  3. Language/Keyboard default

Hi Sandra,

You can try these steps to set up your preferred defaults:

• Go to Settings and click Time & Language.
    • Click Region & Language.
    • Click on your default system language then, click Options.
    • Click Add a keyboard then choose your preferred keyboard language.
    • Remove the other keyboard language by choosing it then click Remove.

Tell us if this works.

Katrina Men, Aug 1, 2018
  4. Keyboard stuck between two languages

On-Screen Keyboard language

Hi,

Follow the steps below to change on-screen keyboard language.

How to add a keyboard layout in Windows 10.

• Click Start Menu. It's the Windows icon in the bottom left corner.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click Time & language.
    • Click Region & language.
    • Click the language you wish to add a keyboard layout to.
    • Click Options.
    • Click Add a keyboard.
    • Click the keyboard you want to add.
    How to change the keyboard layout in Windows 10.

• Press and hold the Windows key
    • Press spacebar.
    Let us know how it goes.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard stuck between two languages

1. Keyboard stuck between two languages - Similar Threads - Keyboard stuck between

2. I cant switch between keyboard languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant switch between keyboard languages: Hi, I cant change between my keyboard languages when some game application is running on my screen, when I minimize the game, I can normally change I tried to change between languages when the game resolution is windowed but I still can't.I've tried to use another keyboard...
  3. I cant switch between keyboard languages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant switch between keyboard languages: Hi, I cant change between my keyboard languages when some game application is running on my screen, when I minimize the game, I can normally change I tried to change between languages when the game resolution is windowed but I still can't.I've tried to use another keyboard...
  4. switch between just two languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    switch between just two languages: hey!how to switch between just two languages now I have 4 languages been installed on my windows 10, but it make me sick to get the language I want I know we got an option that I can use windows button + space but what I meant is how to switch just between two languages or...
  5. switch between just two languages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    switch between just two languages: hey!how to switch between just two languages now I have 4 languages been installed on my windows 10, but it make me sick to get the language I want I know we got an option that I can use windows button + space but what I meant is how to switch just between two languages or...
  6. Two languages one keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two languages one keyboard: I have US English and Spanish set up as languages on my Windows 10 installations and I am using the US International keyboard only. I do wish to use the spell-checking, speech and handwriting features of the Spanish language pack, but I do not want the settings to include the...
  7. Latin keyboard/language stuck

Latin keyboard/language stuck: Hello,I have a problem with a language. I had added Latin by mistake, but now it's stuck. I've deleted it from my languages, but it's still there down-right on the bar. Could somebody help me remove it completely?...
  8. My keyboard is stuck in a different language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My keyboard is stuck in a different language: I bought my laptop 6 months ago in Vietnam. They changed the operating system to English and everything was fine until a few days ago when Vietnamese letters started appear when I type certain words. For example, when I type "is," it changes the i to í. Or when I type "or" it...
  9. Input languages Have to switch between three languages instead of two

Input languages Have to switch between three languages instead of two: Hello everyone, I'm having an issue with having UK English in my language panel. The thing is that I tortured people from Microsoft Support and looked through, I think, every relevant topic. So, what I have here: [ATTACH] But there is nothing here: [ATTACH] The...
  10. Stuck Keyboard languages

Stuck Keyboard languages: Hello! I'm a new user of Win10 and I'm not used to this layout and everything, so here's my problem: When I first started up my notebook all the starting Win10 menu/settings were in czech language and in those settings i set english language. Later I added slovak language...