Windows 10: Keyboard suddenly stopped working, even in BIOS

Discus and support Keyboard suddenly stopped working, even in BIOS in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone Today my keyboard stopped working, there was a usb error message pop up but i didn't realise what it was about, then then my k70 corsair... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Torchy2, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Torchy2 Win User

Keyboard suddenly stopped working, even in BIOS

Hi everyone
    Today my keyboard stopped working, there was a usb error message pop up but i didn't realise what it was about, then then my k70 corsair keyboard stopped working, i tried restarting and doing an sfc scan but nothing changed, then i started looking into device manager but all the drivers were up to date so i tried reinstalling the HID keyboard driver but nothing changed, i then looked into the event viewer and found the issue (attached screenshot), i don't know what else to do so hopefully someone here could help *Smile
    Thanks for the help

:)

Torchy2, Oct 13, 2015
  2. afxUO Win User

Keyboard/Drivers

Hello

My keyboard stopped working,the keyboard works in bios but does not work in windows i tried updating the drivers but it did not work as it was keep on saying (code 10), it is under other device in device manager i did everything i could nothing works,i do
    not understand how my keyboard was working ans suddenly it just stopped.

Do i need to reset my pc or something because nothing is working.

afxUO, Oct 13, 2015
  3. Rob-B. Win User
    How can I uninstall KB4087256?

I have exactly the same problem - my Keyboard and Mouse also suddenly stopped working - it seems to be more than a co-incidents that it happened after this update. They work fine in the BIOS, but once Windows loads, the lights go out! I also can't believe
    that there is no option to uninstall this update?

Rob-B., Oct 13, 2015
  4. Torchy2 Win User

yea I have tried other ports, it's just the same

Torchy2, Oct 14, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    First try the keyboard to another computer. If it doesn't work there, then you need a replacement. If it is under warranty you could go directly to the store and tell them to test and replace it. Thankfully keyboards are very cheap nowadays...

spapakons, Oct 14, 2015
  6. Kanata Win User
    If spapakons advice shows the keyboard is OK, then did you make any changes to the BIOS settings recently? Did you alter legacy type settings or enable fast boot?

Kanata, Oct 14, 2015
  7. Torchy2 Win User
    Turns out keyboard is faulty as spapakons said, started replacement process, thanks for the help really appreciated spapakons and Kanata *Smile

Torchy2, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Keyboard suddenly stopped working, even in BIOS - Similar Threads - Keyboard suddenly stopped

2. my keyboard suddenly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keyboard suddenly stopped working.: My Keyboard suddenly stopped working, I have tried a few different things from reading on the internet. But i still cannot get it to work. The mouse works and the touch screen works...
  3. my keyboard suddenly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my keyboard suddenly stopped working.: My Keyboard suddenly stopped working, I have tried a few different things from reading on the internet. But i still cannot get it to work. The mouse works and the touch screen works...
  4. Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly: This is kind of complicated, but I'm hoping someone has some insight.I have an All In One HP running Windows 10. Lately it's been doing some odd things -- gets unresponsive and requires a restart, which has always helped.Today the keyboard and mouse stopped working all of a...
  5. Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly: This is kind of complicated, but I'm hoping someone has some insight.I have an All In One HP running Windows 10. Lately it's been doing some odd things -- gets unresponsive and requires a restart, which has always helped.Today the keyboard and mouse stopped working all of a...
  6. Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Malware damaged BIOS. Keyboard won't work even in BIOS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware damaged BIOS. Keyboard won't work even in BIOS: Somehow this program made its way into my Lenovo Y545 Windows 10 with dual boot into Ubuntu and it broke my BIOS. Keyboard stopped working and dual boot got messed up.I managed to install an update, fixed the dual boot but still no response from keyboard. Had to go out and...
  8. 3 Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working

3 Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working: Hello everyone So i just encountered this problem I have a dell inspiron 3542 laptop the J,H,K letters stopped responding Last thing i remember is i had a blue screen when using SCP TOOLKIT to identify usb controllers. The odd thing is when i press the J and K...
  9. Keyboard on touchscreen laptop suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard on touchscreen laptop suddenly stopped working: How to get regular keyboard back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-on-touchscreen-laptop-suddenly-stopped/81d0b6d8-1d9a-4899-96ed-1adc2f024547
  10. touchpad and keyboard suddenly stopped working

touchpad and keyboard suddenly stopped working: the touchpad and keyboard suddenly stopped working a few seconds after the computer starts. i did a system restore and it worked well for a few hours before it stopped working again. im not sure if this is because of the windows 10 updates. i mean, do i need to perform system...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WINDOWS 7 SUDDENLY STOP WORKING EVEN BIOS