Windows 10: Keyboard suddenly stopped working, even in BIOS

Discus and support Keyboard suddenly stopped working, even in BIOS in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone Today my keyboard stopped working, there was a usb error message pop up but i didn't realise what it was about, then then my k70 corsair... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Torchy2, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Torchy2 Win User

Keyboard suddenly stopped working, even in BIOS

Hi everyone
    Today my keyboard stopped working, there was a usb error message pop up but i didn't realise what it was about, then then my k70 corsair keyboard stopped working, i tried restarting and doing an sfc scan but nothing changed, then i started looking into device manager but all the drivers were up to date so i tried reinstalling the HID keyboard driver but nothing changed, i then looked into the event viewer and found the issue (attached screenshot), i don't know what else to do so hopefully someone here could help *Smile
    Thanks for the help

:)

Torchy2, Oct 13, 2015
  2. afxUO Win User

Keyboard/Drivers

Hello

My keyboard stopped working,the keyboard works in bios but does not work in windows i tried updating the drivers but it did not work as it was keep on saying (code 10), it is under other device in device manager i did everything i could nothing works,i do
    not understand how my keyboard was working ans suddenly it just stopped.

Do i need to reset my pc or something because nothing is working.

afxUO, Oct 13, 2015
  3. Rob-B. Win User
    How can I uninstall KB4087256?

I have exactly the same problem - my Keyboard and Mouse also suddenly stopped working - it seems to be more than a co-incidents that it happened after this update. They work fine in the BIOS, but once Windows loads, the lights go out! I also can't believe
    that there is no option to uninstall this update?

Rob-B., Oct 13, 2015
  4. Torchy2 Win User

yea I have tried other ports, it's just the same

Torchy2, Oct 14, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    First try the keyboard to another computer. If it doesn't work there, then you need a replacement. If it is under warranty you could go directly to the store and tell them to test and replace it. Thankfully keyboards are very cheap nowadays...

spapakons, Oct 14, 2015
  6. Kanata Win User
    If spapakons advice shows the keyboard is OK, then did you make any changes to the BIOS settings recently? Did you alter legacy type settings or enable fast boot?

Kanata, Oct 14, 2015
  7. Torchy2 Win User
    Turns out keyboard is faulty as spapakons said, started replacement process, thanks for the help really appreciated spapakons and Kanata *Smile

Torchy2, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Keyboard suddenly stopped working, even in BIOS - Similar Threads - Keyboard suddenly stopped

2. Spacebar stopped working suddenly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spacebar stopped working suddenly: Hey, the space bar key stopped working. I tried the usual sticky key and restarting or uninstalling the driver. I don't know if its related but theres a UNITED KINGDOM KEYBOARD on the keyboard list bottom right but it doesn't show in the keyboard language preferences...
  3. Keyboard and mouse stopped working on Windows but works on bios need a fix please

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and mouse stopped working on Windows but works on bios need a fix please: My MUM unplugged my keyboard and than it stopped working on Windows so I turned my pc off and than turned my pc back on and my keyboard and mouse works on the bios and not the windows 10...
  4. Wifi Suddenly Stops Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Suddenly Stops Working: So I have a Surface Book 2, 13" model. On 2 separate wifi routers i have owned, this issue has occurred. Randomly while either in use or when put in standby the Wifi will stop working as in the Wireless Network im using will disconnect. Now sometimes it will let me select it...
  5. My Microsoft Designer Mouse & Keyboard suddenly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Microsoft Designer Mouse & Keyboard suddenly stopped working.: My Microsoft Designer Mouse & Keyboard suddenly stopped working. I removed both devices but when I attempt to reinstall them I get a message telling me "Try connecting your device again". I have run the Bluetooth troubleshooter and restarted the machine several times but...
  6. Keyboard on touchscreen laptop suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard on touchscreen laptop suddenly stopped working: How to get regular keyboard back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-on-touchscreen-laptop-suddenly-stopped/81d0b6d8-1d9a-4899-96ed-1adc2f024547
  7. Some Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working!

Some Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working!: Hi there, Some Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working on my laptop 2 days ago and I couldn't fix it and currently writing this post using on-screen keyboard. I've tried the following and it didn't work: Troubleshooter. Updating, uninstalling, drivers and even downloaded...
  8. touchpad and keyboard suddenly stopped working

touchpad and keyboard suddenly stopped working: the touchpad and keyboard suddenly stopped working a few seconds after the computer starts. i did a system restore and it worked well for a few hours before it stopped working again. im not sure if this is because of the windows 10 updates. i mean, do i need to perform system...
  9. SSD suddenly stopped working.

SSD suddenly stopped working.: Hi, one day I started my laptop and the SSD in it (MZ-7PC256D) suddenly stopped working. What options do I have to get it working, or atleast recover the data in it. I tried putting it in another laptop or checking in BIOS, it's simply not getting detected. EDIT:...
  10. Multimedia keys on keyboard stop working suddenly...

Multimedia keys on keyboard stop working suddenly...: Hi guys, I am experiencing an annoying issue with Windows 10 and my Cherry keyboard (Cherry eVolution Stream Multimedia Keyboard G85-23000), especially with the multimedia keys. Upon a boot / reboot all the multimedia keys are working without issues: mute, volume...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WINDOWS 7 SUDDENLY STOP WORKING EVEN BIOS