Windows 10: Keyboard takes too long to boot up in Windows 10

Discus and support Keyboard takes too long to boot up in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently had to purchase a new SSD for my C:\ drive and reinstall windows 10. It seems that almost every time I boot up my PC the keyboard sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bimfi, Jan 24, 2017.

1. bimfi Win User

Keyboard takes too long to boot up in Windows 10

I recently had to purchase a new SSD for my C:\ drive and reinstall windows 10. It seems that almost every time I boot up my PC the keyboard sometimes takes about two minutes to activate. The keyboard is USB wired. My mouse, which is usb wireless, works immediately upon windows booting up. When the PC is in POST, I can see the lights on the keyboard, but then they go out when windows is starting. I've switched usb connections around to see if this changes anything. It does not. This is the same configuration I’ve always had prior to the rebuild. I have downloaded the latest drivers from logitech. There has to be something in windows that is conflicting, but I don’t know what. I guess I could live with it, but it’s just puzzling why it would do this after the reinstall of Windows 10. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

:)

bimfi, Jan 24, 2017

2. Windows 10 takes too long to boot

Nope.

Jann RyanNovela, Jan 24, 2017
  3. Windows 10 takes too long to boot

My laptop uses x64 processor with 2GB ram. That problem only occured in Windows 10 Insider preview build 10565. The length of booting time lasts a day and still goin on... (I haven't turned off my laptop for the hope of getting the OS online.)

Jann RyanNovela, Jan 24, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

What's the model of that Logitech keyboard?

I would uninstall the Logitech software and then unplug the keyboard and reboot. Don't touch anything or plug the keyboard back in, once it's fully booted up and all services are running. Shut down the PC with the power button on the tower. Once off, then plug in your keyboard, power on PC let it boot up completely then download the keyboard driver/software and install it.

Plankton, Jan 24, 2017
  5. bimfi Win User
    It's the Media Keyboard 600 (Y-UQ85). I've had it for a few years now. I will do as you suggested. Will let you know if it helps. Thanks.

bimfi, Jan 24, 2017
  6. bimfi Win User
    So far it has worked every time. Thank you so much for the advice.

bimfi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Keyboard takes too long to boot up in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Keyboard takes too

2. Windows takes too long to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows takes too long to boot: Hey guys, For more than a month, I've been experiencing exceedingly long boot times on my Windows 10 PC. At times it takes up to 5-7 minutes too load, and all I can see during that time is a black blank screen after the Windows logo disappears. Often even after it...
  3. Laptop takes too long to boot/shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop takes too long to boot/shutdown: English is not my first language, so I apologize for any grammar mistakes. This has been happening for a few weeks already. Whenever I turn my laptop on, it shows the Windows logo + loading circle as usual, then sits on a black screen for around 5-10 minutes until the locked...
  4. windows 10 restart taking too long

windows 10 restart taking too long: windows 10 restart taking too long. When I power on and off it takes less than 1 minute but whenever I restart then it takes about 7-10 minutes. I have i5 4670 processor 8gb ram...
  5. Win 10 "wake-up" takes too long!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 "wake-up" takes too long!: Hi, my PC (win10-1909) takes between 15 and 20 seconds to wake up after sitting idle for a while. I have to hit the space bar several times until something happens. My wife's PC, same win10 version, wakes up after about 2 seconds. Any advice where to start looking? Thanks, Ed...
  6. Windows 10 Reset Taking Too Long

Windows 10 Reset Taking Too Long: I recently decided to reset a windows 10 PC with a 1 TB hard drive and a 500 GB SSD, but chose to wipe and clean all storage on both drives. The PC has been running with a black screen for almost a week now with no indication of progress or activity. I have hit the shut down...
  7. Windows taking too long to boot

Windows taking too long to boot: This issue is happening for me for a while now, searched several sources, tried multiple solutions and no success so far. My Windows is taking a long time to boot, over 2 minutes. I have 2 computers here at home, the one that has this issue uses an NVMe SSD from Samsung (Evo...
  8. Windows 10 Upgrade Taking Too Long?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade Taking Too Long?: Hello, So I am doing an upgrade on my desktop (currently in progress) and just wondering how long it usually takes? I looked up online and the upgrade should takes maximum an hour, but as of now it's been 5 hours and still hasn't loaded into Win 10. It's still on the...
  9. Windows 10 takes too long to boot.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 takes too long to boot.: I know this is a holiday weekend, but I'm set to start a new job working from home. Just as I'm about to go live I'm suddenly noticing that Windows 10 is taking 5 minutes or from turning it on to when I can actually use it. I've already done the basics by looking for malware,...
  10. Windows 10 taking too long to boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 taking too long to boot: I know there are several threads by this name, but my problem, as far as I know, is quite peculiar and I haven't seen anything similar to this in any thread. Yesterday I did a clean install (actually I wiped the whole hard drive and converted it to MBR since it was in GPT and...