Windows 10: Keyboard typing even when not plugged in

Discus and support Keyboard typing even when not plugged in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My keyboard has been automatically typing "b" nonstop unless I were to power down and reboot the machine, but it would still continue to repeat the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Vynarus, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Vynarus Win User

Keyboard typing even when not plugged in

My keyboard has been automatically typing "b" nonstop unless I were to power down and reboot the machine, but it would still continue to repeat the behavior after a few minutes. Unplugging the keyboard and using a different USB doesn't help, or even leaving it unplugged. The computer also often thinks left shift, or left control is being held down, or stops receiving any signal from left alt. Sometimes repeated presses of these keys fixes the issue for a while, other times it does nothing. I first thought it was a hotkey program I downloaded, and the issue did stop after I uninstalled the program yesterday, but upon launching today the issue is back and the program is no longer installed. I ran malwarebytes and it hasn't found anything. Keyboard is a Logitech G910, running on Windows 10. Logitech maintains the driver's through the Logitech Gaming Software, and all other drivers are 100% up to date. I don't have any system restore points but I do still have my Windows install disc/key.
    Have not tried a different keyboard yet due to lack of a second keyboard, but I do assume since the issue happens without the keyboard being plugged in that it wouldn't matter much.
    Any and all help appreciated, I'm not the best when it comes to these kinds of computer issues.

:)

Vynarus, Jun 17, 2018

2. Typing, keyboard

Hi,

There could be some reasons why you're having a problem with your keyboard. To better assist you, we would like to ask you a few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes on your PC prior to this issue?
    • Did you encounter any error messages?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest scanning your PC using an antivirus program and check if this step will resolve the issue.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Ronalene Mat, Jun 17, 2018
  3. HP 15-r029wm Notebook PC windows 10 keyboard not working properly

Hi,

I realize that the keyboard is not working properly. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jun 17, 2018
  4. Keyboard typing even when not plugged in

I"m having a problem with the keyboard in Windows 10

Hi Robert,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jun 17, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard typing even when not plugged in

1. Keyboard typing even when not plugged in - Similar Threads - Keyboard typing plugged

2. Want to keep 60Hz even when plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want to keep 60Hz even when plugged in: my laptop is asus tuf a15 amd 8gb variant if I change to 144Hz my screen become all black and tearing so I want to keep 60Hz even when I plugged in and I can't find that options in setting hope you guys can help me out...
  3. Battery Decreasing - Even when plugged in!

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery Decreasing - Even when plugged in!: Hello, I am using Win 10 Pro and facing an issue with the battery. It is lowering down even when I connect my charger. What can I do? P.S - Using the original Lenovo charger, the battery is also new but not of Lenovo. Edit- I removed the charging wire and then...
  4. Keyboard keep typing 1 even at sign in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard keep typing 1 even at sign in: Already read other similar thread but cannot do the troubleshooting since i couldn't even sign in. Cannot even do anything as it keep on typing the number '1' and system will read it as wrong pin number. Can the sign in option be bypassed? Can I disabled my laptop...
  5. Computer types dash every couple of minutes, even with keyboard plugged out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer types dash every couple of minutes, even with keyboard plugged out: The issue is what the title states, how should find what program might be doing this? I tested the issue by leaving the cursor on a text field and plugging the keyboard out. In about 10 minutes there were 3 dashes without me touching anything....
  6. Mouse lagging, keyboard repeating keys even when not typing.

Mouse lagging, keyboard repeating keys even when not typing.: I believe this started happening just after the last update. I'll be typing and it will start to lag really bad and then the last key I actually hit will start repeating accross the screen. At this point I'm not even touching the keyboard. I also have some add mouse lag...
  7. Mouse lagging, keyboard repeating keys even when not typing.

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse lagging, keyboard repeating keys even when not typing.: I believe this started happening just after the last update. I'll be typing and it will start to lag really bad and then the last key I actually hit will start repeating accross the screen. At this point I'm not even touching the keyboard. I also have some add mouse lag...
  8. Battery not charging, even when plugged in.

Battery not charging, even when plugged in.: Hi! My HP laptop for the last two years won't charge. Originally I thought it was a simply faulty power cord. But after switching it out, my computer would still be plugged in, start charging, and then stop suddenly, only to start up again at a random time. I removed my...
  9. Keyboard error when plug in HDMI

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard error when plug in HDMI: Hi. Why everytime I plug in HDMI to my laptop, then I typing, they open others? For example, I click "W" the it open Window Ink. Other button, they open menu. I need to restart my laptop, then it become normal and I can typing. Please help me....
  10. Keyboard typing on its own even when not plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard typing on its own even when not plugged in: My keyboard has been automatically typing "b" nonstop unless I were to power down and reboot the machine, but it would still continue to repeat the behavior after a few minutes. Unplugging the keyboard and using a different USB doesn't help, or even leaving it unplugged. The...