Windows 10: Keyboard typing on its own even when not plugged in

Discus and support Keyboard typing on its own even when not plugged in in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My keyboard has been automatically typing "b" nonstop unless I were to power down and reboot the machine, but it would still continue to repeat the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vynarus, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Vynarus Win User

Keyboard typing on its own even when not plugged in

My keyboard has been automatically typing "b" nonstop unless I were to power down and reboot the machine, but it would still continue to repeat the behavior after a few minutes. Unplugging the keyboard and using a different USB doesn't help, or even leaving it unplugged. The computer also often thinks left shift, or left control is being held down, or stops receiving any signal from left alt. Sometimes repeated presses of these keys fixes the issue for a while, other times it does nothing. I first thought it was a hotkey program I downloaded, and the issue did stop after I uninstalled the program yesterday, but upon launching today the issue is back and the program is no longer installed. I ran malwarebytes and it hasn't found anything. Keyboard is a Logitech G910, running on Windows 10. Logitech maintains the driver's through the Logitech Gaming Software, and all other drivers are 100% up to date. I don't have any system restore points but I do still have my Windows install disc/key.
    Have not tried a different keyboard yet due to lack of a second keyboard, but I do assume since the issue happens without the keyboard being plugged in that it wouldn't matter much.
    Any and all help appreciated, I'm not the best when it comes to these kinds of computer issues.

:)

Vynarus, Jun 12, 2018

2. HP 15-r029wm Notebook PC windows 10 keyboard not working properly

Hi,

I realize that the keyboard is not working properly. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jun 13, 2018
  3. How do I change the default keyboard from handwriting to typing on Windows 10

Hi Paul,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know more information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you enabled the tablet mode settings on Windows 10?

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Turn off on screen keyboard

• Open Start menu, type Settings in search bar and click on Settings.
    • Click on Ease of access and select keyboard.
    • Turn off the on screen keyboard.

Step 2: Turn off tablet mode

I suggest you to turn off tablet mode, as it may also be the cause for the issue.

• Open Start menu, type tablet mode settings in search bar and click on it.
    • Turn off the tablet mode option and check if it helps.

Reference: I suggest you to refer the below link and check if it helps.

Change your language or keyboard

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/add-language-keyboard

The steps applies for Windows 10 also.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 13, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard typing on its own even when not plugged in

1. Keyboard typing on its own even when not plugged in - Similar Threads - Keyboard typing own

2. Even '(null)' has its own subprocess!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Even '(null)' has its own subprocess!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KFkrewfamKF [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/xj89du/even_null_has_its_own_subprocess/
  3. Keyboard typing on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard typing on its own: Hi everyone. My keyboard is typing on its own. Scanned my device with antivirus but my device is safe and has no threats. Please help me, Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-typing-on-its-own/3ced0857-894a-4e2a-b4de-d35a35e0d36d
  4. Keyboard typing on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard typing on its own: Hi everyone. My keyboard is typing on its own. Scanned my device with antivirus but my device is safe and has no threats. Please help me, Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-typing-on-its-own/3ced0857-894a-4e2a-b4de-d35a35e0d36d
  5. Forward slashes keep typing on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Forward slashes keep typing on its own: For some reason my computer won’t stop typing forward slashes on its own. I have switched keyboards and mouses, is there something else I can do to stop this? I have to use my phone to write this because I am unable to type anything when I try it’s just ///////////////....
  6. Keyboard typing on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard typing on its own: My laptop keyboard is typing * on its own. Pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-typing-on-its-own/0d082fc5-9252-49e2-8b62-192404cf0098
  7. Keyboard keeps automatically typing on its own

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard keeps automatically typing on its own: One buttonsemicolon of my laptop keyboard keep automatically typing on its own.But it isn't working generally.When i want to use my keyboard, it often keeps automatically typing on its own only semicolon button. Like-...
  8. keyboard typing "*" on its own repeatedly

keyboard typing "*" on its own repeatedly: My keyboard starts typing "*" on its own repeatedly until you press any key. Initially it was only in excel and word but now it is happening everywhere you can type, including search boxes...
  9. Keyboard seemingly typing on it's own

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Keyboard seemingly typing on it's own: So, I accidentally pressed down the Windows key, only to have my keyboard seemingly type on it's own. While my cat was lying on my keyboard just a few seconds earlier, the typing certainly seemed human...it typed out "And yes, Burger King is better than McDonald's", probably...
  10. Keyboard typing even when not plugged in

Keyboard typing even when not plugged in: My keyboard has been automatically typing "b" nonstop unless I were to power down and reboot the machine, but it would still continue to repeat the behavior after a few minutes. Unplugging the keyboard and using a different USB doesn't help, or even leaving it unplugged. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keys are being pressed when my keyboard is unplugged

2. keyboard typing even though its uninstalled

3. even with external keyboard plugged in laptop number keys keep typing without being pressed

4. keyboard typing while unplugged,
  5. windows is typing but no keyboard plugged in