Windows 10: keyboards on both computers started messing up at the same time

Discus and support keyboards on both computers started messing up at the same time in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Toshiba L775D-S7340 laptop & the HP Desktop in my file. Both are running Win 10 & on a network. At the same time today the keyboards on both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mkj307, Mar 21, 2016.

1. mkj307 Win User

keyboards on both computers started messing up at the same time

I have a Toshiba L775D-S7340 laptop & the HP Desktop in my file. Both are running Win 10 & on a network. At the same time today the keyboards on both computers make me hold down on a key for 3 seconds before it will type. The mouse & touchpad are fine. I checked in Devices & it says they are working. One is HID & I plugged the dongle in a different port & changed the batteries in the keyboard. This is the event log from the laptop:

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP
    Date: 3/21/2016 1:15:12 AM
    Event ID: 410
    Task Category: None
    Level: Information
    Keywords:
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: MINWINPC
    Description:
    Device ACPI\PNP0303\4&645bd6b&0 was started.

Driver Name: keyboard.inf
    Class Guid: {4d36e96b-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    Service: i8042prt
    Lower Filters:
    Upper Filters:
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP" Guid="{9C205A39-1250-487D-ABD7-E831C6290539}" />
    <EventID>410</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>4</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x4000000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-03-21T05:15:12.875481500Z" />
    <EventRecordID>160</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="120" />
    <Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration</Channel>
    <Computer>MINWINPC</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="DeviceInstanceId">ACPI\PNP0303\4&amp;645bd6b&amp;0</Data>
    <Data Name="DriverName">keyboard.inf</Data>
    <Data Name="ClassGuid">{4D36E96B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}</Data>
    <Data Name="ServiceName">i8042prt</Data>
    <Data Name="LowerFilters">
    </Data>
    <Data Name="UpperFilters">
    </Data>
    <Data Name="Problem">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="Status">0x0</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

Does it tell you anything? Can anyone help me please?

:)

mkj307, Mar 21, 2016
  2. Jessen P Win User

Administrator or Standard - both at the same time???

Hi Dave,

The issue could have happened due to some system file corruptions. In order to remove those corruptions I would request you to perform SFC scan and then check if it helps.

System file check is a utility built into the Operating System that will check for system file corruption the
    sfc /scannow command (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect, corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible.

System file check works on Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1, and win 10.

I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below in order to run SFC scan on your computer.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

Please revert if you face issues with accessing disk management.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Mar 21, 2016
  3. chrisisbd Win User
    Using both WiFi and GPRS (not at the same time!)

OK, thanks, I can live with selecting the connection manually, just wanted to make sure I wasn't being silly.

chrisisbd, Mar 21, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Roll them back to the previous restore point. Simple fix.

bro67, Mar 21, 2016
  5. mkj307 Win User
    I tried that but it didn't work. I did find out messing around with it that the Ease of Access settings got changed somehow. The repeat rate was set slow & some other things. Once I turned them off, it worked on both. Thank you.

mkj307, Mar 21, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Ease of access changes can happen when something gets tossed on the keyboard or a key gets stuck.

At least you got it fixed.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. keyboards on both computers started messing up at the same time - Similar Threads - keyboards both computers

2. Keyboard doesnt start up with the computer on start up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard doesnt start up with the computer on start up.: My keyboard doesnt turn on when my PC does. It does work fine when it comes from sleep mode instead of a full restart.When i unplug the USB to reconnect it often gives me a connect sound and then a disconnect sound. i retry this with different USB ports until it works.My...
  3. The keyboard is messed up

The keyboard is messed up: KB: I-rocks K60M I don't know because of some problem my computer loses control even when I do nothing, it just stops when I press the key combination Fn+F9, but then some keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+A ,Copy n Paste... is disabled, maybe I accidentally pressed something that...
  4. The keyboard is messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The keyboard is messed up: KB: I-rocks K60M I don't know because of some problem my computer loses control even when I do nothing, it just stops when I press the key combination Fn+F9, but then some keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+A ,Copy n Paste... is disabled, maybe I accidentally pressed something that...
  5. Both Cortana and To Do Reminders Pop-up at the Same Time

in Cortana
    Both Cortana and To Do Reminders Pop-up at the Same Time: Hi,I had a problem with Reminders given by Cortana. Yesterday I set a reminder for something through Cortana and it had to pop up at 11:00 am. Cortana had set the reminder in To Do. But at 11:00 am both Cortana and To Do popped up the Reminders. It is quite frustrating when...
  6. Both Cortana and To Do Reminders Pop-up at the Same Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both Cortana and To Do Reminders Pop-up at the Same Time: Hi,I had a problem with Reminders given by Cortana. Yesterday I set a reminder for something through Cortana and it had to pop up at 11:00 am. Cortana had set the reminder in To Do. But at 11:00 am both Cortana and To Do popped up the Reminders. It is quite frustrating when...
  7. Both Cortana and To Do Reminders Pop-up at the Same Time

8. Computers time completely messed up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computers time completely messed up.: Good afternoon, Since yesterday Ive been having some serious problems with my date and time. At the moment syncing my date and time is taking my computer clock back to 1992, and when I manually change the time back to the current date it seems to all be normal until I load...
  9. Messed up keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Messed up keyboard: so something is wrong with my computer - any time I press the a key it acts as the left arrow key - when I press the w key it acts as the forward arrow key - same thing with my s and d keys to their counterparts?? HELP PLZ!!!...
  10. Keyboard messed up 3 of our computers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard messed up 3 of our computers: Long story short, PC didn't have keyblard, we plugged one and it didn't work (made a post about it yesterday) we tried plugging to a laptop and it messed up the laptop's included keyboard and it happened today with another laptop What happened? submitted by /u/plasmagd...