Windows 10: keyboards that are removed show up in device manager

Discus and support keyboards that are removed show up in device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; since a few weeks none of my keyboards work. first i suspected the usb slot, so i plugged it to anothe, when this was no help to yet another. since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rako, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Rako Win User

keyboards that are removed show up in device manager

since a few weeks none of my keyboards work.
    first i suspected the usb slot, so i plugged it to anothe, when this was no help to yet another.
    since then the device manager shows 3 hid keyboards, all with error 39.
    i ried to unistall them and restart the pc. all three are there again.
    then i tried a wireless keyboard, then a ps2. error39 again.
    next ichechecked the drivers. kbdclass.sys was common to all.
    i tested this module with dependency walker and foundthat kbdclass.sys calls ntoskrnl.exe wich calls further modules.some are found, but a number are reported missing. all are apistubs with names beginning with EXT-MS-WIN-.
    i spoke with a friend with the same os, and he sent me some files, but he did not have any of these EXT-MS-WIN- files but his keyboard is ok.
    i tried to finda downloadable keyboard driver package, but could not find any.
    i downloaded some packages wick claimed, that they may help. ( asr, reimage, etc) on the download site they said that they are free, but after a diagnose run they wanted money to do the "repair" job.some even made errors in identifying the number of kerns of my cpu. so i simply deintalled these cheatware progs and i am still looking for solution.
    i found reports of problems caused by ntoskrnl.exe. some of these, like sudden freezing ofthe pc or extremely high cpu loads happened by me too.
    slowly i am tried of using the on-screen keyboard.

:)

Rako, Jun 5, 2018
  2. Marco Gav Win User

USB microphone show up under "Other Devices" in the Device Manager

Hi Luke,

We suggest that you update the device driver. You can do that by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select
      it from the list of results.

• Expand the category where your device is located, then right-click on the name of your device, and select Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If updating the device driver doesn't work, we suggest that you reinstall the driver:

• Open Device Manager.

• Right-click on the name of the device.

• Select Uninstall.

• Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Jun 8, 2018
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

keyboards that are removed show up in device manager

1. keyboards that are removed show up in device manager - Similar Threads - keyboards are removed

2. Why isn't my keyboard showing up on Device Manager?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why isn't my keyboard showing up on Device Manager?: A few hours ago, I was playing a game and my keyboard slid off of my desk. The keyboard was dangling by the wire, just floating. After this, the keyboard stopped responding despite being plugged in. I assumed it was a wire issue because of this, so I went on the internet for...
  3. Why isn't my keyboard showing up on Device Manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't my keyboard showing up on Device Manager?: A few hours ago, I was playing a game and my keyboard slid off of my desk. The keyboard was dangling by the wire, just floating. After this, the keyboard stopped responding despite being plugged in. I assumed it was a wire issue because of this, so I went on the internet for...
  4. "Keyboards" is not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Keyboards" is not showing up in device manager: My keyboard stopped working and when I try to check the drivers, the entire keyboard option is missing. I'm not too good with computers so I don't know if its a drivers issue or hardware. The keyboard works on other devices and my mouse still works on the computer. I tried...
  5. "Keyboards" is not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Keyboards" is not showing up in device manager: My keyboard stopped working and when I try to check the drivers, the entire keyboard option is missing. I'm not too good with computers so I don't know if its a drivers issue or hardware. The keyboard works on other devices and my mouse still works on the computer. I tried...
  6. "Keyboards" is not showing up in device manager

7. Keyboard not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard not showing up in device manager: Keyboard not showing up in device manager and it doesn't workProblem Start Date : May 12 / 2022 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-not-showing-up-in-device-manager/8fec0848-3e73-40c6-b462-18a4cc0d6546
  8. Keyboard not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard not showing up in device manager: Keyboard not showing up in device manager and it doesn't workProblem Start Date : May 12 / 2022 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-not-showing-up-in-device-manager/8fec0848-3e73-40c6-b462-18a4cc0d6546
  9. keyboard not working and not showing up in device manager

keyboard not working and not showing up in device manager: Hi All, looks like my keyboard has dissapeared from my device manager list and i dont know how to get it back. ive tried troubleshooting the keyboard and restarting but both of them do not work. [ATTACH]...
  10. keyboard not working and not showing up in device manager

keyboard not working and not showing up in device manager: hi. using on-screen keyboard to type this . my laptop keyboard is not working except the power button, indicating it is a software issue. when i go to device manager to update the driver , there is no keyboard option available . it is simply not there. how do i update my...