Windows 10: Keypad typing some alphabet twice

Discus and support Keypad typing some alphabet twice in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After upgrading from win 7 to win 10, i'm facing issue while typing on laptop keypad. Some keys (mainly q, t, u, p, j) are repeating alphabet twice.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vivek kumar, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Keypad typing some alphabet twice

After upgrading from win 7 to win 10, i'm facing issue while typing on laptop keypad. Some keys (mainly q, t, u, p, j) are repeating alphabet twice. There was no problem when i was using win 7. I'm attaching text document in which i have pressed key single time only but letter appeared twice. Also the cursor which blink while typing sometime moves one position ahead for those letter.

:)

vivek kumar, Aug 29, 2015
  2. LazorJoe Win User

New Keyboard

Resolved. For some reason, the computer doesn't recognize the keypad (and it is not toggled off), but does recognize the numbers above the alphabet.

LazorJoe, Aug 29, 2015
  3. yvcrao Win User
    short cut to alphabets

Is there any system showing short cut keys to alphabets instead of showing all the alphabets on the keypad.

yvcrao, Aug 29, 2015
  4. Keypad typing some alphabet twice

External USB keyboard was working fine, so i took out keypad from my laptop and reattached it again and keys started working again without ant problem.
    [youtube]OJciO0m2uBQ[/youtube]

vivek kumar, Aug 31, 2015
Thema:

Keypad typing some alphabet twice

1. Keypad typing some alphabet twice - Similar Threads - Keypad typing alphabet

2. Can't type alphabets in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type alphabets in safe mode: When I try to boot in safe mode, I'm prompted to enter BitLocker's recovery key for each drive during restarting. I can only type numbers but cannot type any alphabet letters. This happens both on the laptop and the external keyboard. I'd rather not turn off BitLocker just...
  3. Can't type alphabets in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't type alphabets in safe mode: When I try to boot in safe mode, I'm prompted to enter BitLocker's recovery key for each drive during restarting. I can only type numbers but cannot type any alphabet letters. This happens both on the laptop and the external keyboard. I'd rather not turn off BitLocker just...
  4. Can't type alphabets in safe mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. keybaord typing twice or thrice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keybaord typing twice or thrice: My keyboard is typing twice or thrice, I tried re-installing the driver and the issue is the same. This keybaord works fine with other PC. What might be the problem?...
  6. keybaord typing twice or thrice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keybaord typing twice or thrice: My keyboard is typing twice or thrice, I tried re-installing the driver and the issue is the same. This keybaord works fine with other PC. What might be the problem?...
  7. keybaord typing twice or thrice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. my alphabets are not working while typing the password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my alphabets are not working while typing the password: my alphabets are not working while typing the password and my virtual keyboard is also unable to type any alphabets.only numbers are working nothing else.prior to the problem i was installing a game but due to power issues my pc got switched off in between the process.windows...
  9. I have to type twice, to be able to write some punctuations.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have to type twice, to be able to write some punctuations.: To able to write following `` "" '' ~~ ^^ marks i have to type twice. And if type once then type a letter it comes out like á à é è Ä Ã Â Ë Ê these. For lower case characters I don't even press shift or any other control buttons, I just press ' aposthrope then letter to be...
  10. Alphabet 'D' key is not typing properly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alphabet 'D' key is not typing properly.: Hi, my ASUS K53Sc laptop's 'D' KEY isn't typing. As 'D' is an essential key for typing, I request a good answer as soon as possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alphabet-d-key-is-not-typing-properly/8e0508ad-06ee-4092-a0ca-e20bc500496f