Windows 10: keys stuck on laptop ///// and what do the top keys mean F1. F12. Mean please

Discus and support keys stuck on laptop ///// and what do the top keys mean F1. F12. Mean please in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have keys stuck on my laptop. how do I fix. I wiped over with screen cleaner cloth.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jenniferharding1, Sep 4, 2018.

1. keys stuck on laptop ///// and what do the top keys mean F1. F12. Mean please

I have keys stuck on my laptop. how do I fix. I wiped over with screen cleaner cloth.

:)

jenniferharding1, Sep 4, 2018

2. keys stuck on laptop ///// and what do the top keys mean F1. F12. Mean please

Hi jenniferharding1,

You could try pressing down the stuck key(s) firmly for a few times, and then rapidly for a few times too. If there is something keeping the key stuck down, this can sometimes loosen whatever that is (dust, crumb, etc). You could also try putting your laptop
    on the side, and blowing air into the key(s) with the problem while trying to press/release them

The F1-F12 keys are function keys. On a laptop, these usually provide some other functions such as pressing the FN (function key), and one of the F1-12 keys will mute/unmute the laptops speakers. It depends on the laptop itself, but you can see an icon on the
    F1-12 keys that may provide an insight as to what they do.

Hope this helps,

Nathan

NathanT_06, Sep 7, 2018
  3. keys stuck on laptop ///// and what do the top keys mean F1. F12. Mean please

Hi, I hope it helps you!

F1: This key is used to open a help window in the program or application that we have open at that moment.

F12: Open the document that you are viewing on the internet in HTML mode, while in programs such as Word or Excel it is used to immediately access the "Save as" function.

MaritzaCapiro, Sep 7, 2018
  4. keys stuck on laptop ///// and what do the top keys mean F1. F12. Mean please

keys stuck on laptop ///// and what do the top keys mean F1. F12. Mean please

I have keys stuck on my laptop. how do I fix. I wiped over with screen cleaner cloth.

jenniferharding1, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

keys stuck on laptop ///// and what do the top keys mean F1. F12. Mean please

1. keys stuck on laptop ///// and what do the top keys mean F1. F12. Mean please - Similar Threads - keys stuck laptop

2. F1 to F12 keys are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    F1 to F12 keys are not working: I have a dell letitude E7450 laptop. I have a minor issue with the laptop that my any F key is not working properly. all keys are properly working no any hardware issue but the issue is that when I press any F4 key my mic turns off but when I press Alt+F4 power menu does not...
  3. Let the funtion keys work as function keys F1~F12

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Let the funtion keys work as function keys F1~F12: Hello guys.I am not sure for asking here becasue it is question for using Keyboard. But I believe that this is the best section.- Accessory : Microsoft Comfort Keyboard 5050- Problem : F-Lock key is released automatically several times in day, without an exact cycle.-...
  4. laptop f1 - f12 keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop f1 - f12 keys not working: my function keys on my laptop are not working properly. my f5 is for keyboard lighting, but works as refreshing a webpage or windows screen. I've tried updating drivers, restarting multiple times, nothing seems to work. can anyone suggest a solution to this problem please....
  5. Windows Registry Strings and Keys…what do they mean?

Windows Registry Strings and Keys…what do they mean?: I want to add custom folders to Windows 10 Pro x64 Control Panel, This PC and Navigation Pane. I found several tutorials (tenforums and winaero) that offer pre-made registry scripts to add applets and folders to control panel and file explorer. However, I would like to know...
  6. Windows Registry Strings and Keys…what do they mean?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Registry Strings and Keys…what do they mean?: I want to add custom folders to Windows 10 Pro x64 Control Panel, This PC and Navigation Pane. I found several tutorials (tenforums and winaero) that offer pre-made registry scripts to add applets and folders to control panel and file explorer. However, I would like to know...
  7. F1 key to F12 key is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    F1 key to F12 key is not working: Good evening! May I know why is my F1 key to F12 key is not working? Thank you ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f1-key-to-f12-key-is-not-working/e5e086aa-c535-4f10-8cd6-d5fcb21afe50
  8. Turn off my F1 to F12 keys

Turn off my F1 to F12 keys: So when I play games I sometime need to use my F2 keys. IF it did not lower my volume!!This is a problem! I cant live like this! WINDOWS Should have a option TO disable this already!!I need to disable these,any way how?...
  9. F1-F12 funtion keys are not working.

F1-F12 funtion keys are not working.: Dell Inspirion LT, WIN 10 Home 64bit Ver 1909. Anyone had this issue? HELP please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f1-f12-funtion-keys-are-not-working/544ce7be-fcdd-4a59-b24f-f8da6e06ca2b
  10. Fn key and F1-F12 keys

Fn key and F1-F12 keys: 1. Previous versions of Win 10 and Office 365 allowed me to make keyboard shortcuts eg F2 = â, F2+Shift = ä, F2+Ctrl = é ... and F3 = ê, F2=Shift = ë etc. Currently the F1 - F12 keys are useless except for the functions showed by symbols (Sleep, Airplane mode on/off, etc)...