Windows 10: Keystroke Lag in Gmail.

Discus and support Keystroke Lag in Gmail. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am using new HP computer with W10 and am experiencing slow keystroke response when composing a message in Gmail. I did not encounter this problem... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dwm, Oct 23, 2016.

1. DWM
    dwm Win User

Keystroke Lag in Gmail.

I am using new HP computer with W10 and am experiencing slow keystroke response when composing a message in Gmail. I did not encounter this problem with previous computers. Any ideas?

:)

2. carl43m Win User

Horrible keystrok lag

I have a Dell Inspiron , Intel 5 , windows 10 , 6GB Ram. I have noticed over the past month or so that whenever I am in yahoo mail or if I am at any web site where I am typing in comments section, after 3 or 4 keystrokes there is major lag and dropped
    keystrokes. I notice that while I am doing this question there has not been one instance of a lag but if I go to any other web site or email everything goes into a nightmare mode with keystrokes. I also do not have the problem if I am in Word or Excel.
    I would think if I had a virus the keystroke problem would be everyplace not just on certain web sites or email.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Carl

carl43m, Oct 23, 2016
  3. Horrible keystrok lag

I will bet it is because of a browser add-on. Try booting the browser into safe mode (add-ons disabled) and see if it still does it.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Oct 23, 2016
Thema:

Keystroke Lag in Gmail.

1. Keystroke Lag in Gmail. - Similar Threads - Keystroke Lag Gmail

2. Wireless mouse lag and keyboards repeating keystrokes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless mouse lag and keyboards repeating keystrokes.: I am using Logitech Wireless Keyboard and mouse combo. Months before I faced an issue with this, the mouse movement will be little slow kind of lagging, and when I press a letter in keyboard or combination of keys it repeats the strokes. Like if I attempt to type angular...
  3. Wireless mouse lag and keyboards repeating keystrokes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless mouse lag and keyboards repeating keystrokes.: I am using Logitech Wireless Keyboard and mouse combo. Months before I faced an issue with this, the mouse movement will be little slow kind of lagging, and when I press a letter in keyboard or combination of keys it repeats the strokes. Like if I attempt to type angular...
  4. Wireless mouse lag and keyboards repeating keystrokes.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keystrokes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keystrokes: Re: Keystrokes I have a sound when I hit a key on my keyboard, cannot backspace more than 1 space & unable to type 2 identical letters or add 2 spaces together. This happens on the keyboard whether I am using Word, Excel, Internet, etc. I do not think that I did...
  6. Missing keystrokes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing keystrokes: My computer won't type random letters (most often 'c' 'e' or 'd') until I press those keys many times. Then after a while it recognizes keystrokes, at first a few, then all of them. This happens in start menu and chrome. However when I open notepad or when I have been typing...
  7. Cortana Lag on Initial Keystroke

in Cortana
    Cortana Lag on Initial Keystroke: Cortana lags on the initial keystroke. System is a Windows 10 Huawei Matebook. I reported this to a Microsoft agent during an online chat with an MS agent. He advised me that it would be an issue with the hardware and I must contact the hardware vendor. I advised him...
  8. Keystrokes lagging, unless launch applications with elevated privileges

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keystrokes lagging, unless launch applications with elevated privileges: Hi I have a new Windows 10 laptop (Lenovo Ideapad 720), logging in with an MS account (same account as my old Windows 10 laptop) I've run all the windows updates, and run a BIOS update from the manufacturer, and throughout that process I've had a massive lag on...
  9. Keystrokes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keystrokes: When I tap Uppercase 2, which according to the keyboard should give @, I get " Conversely when I tap Uppercase ', which according to the keyboard should give ", I get @. How can I fix this problem? (I am not aware of any other similar problems on my keyboard)....
  10. Cursor Blinks/Refreshes rapidly & keystroke lag

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor Blinks/Refreshes rapidly & keystroke lag: When creating a new email, editing document, the cursor blinks so fast as if someone is pressing the f5 refresh key repeatedly. Another issue is lag time in typing. Even typing this new post, The characters don't show up as I type, but then eventually do. running:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lagging in gmail

2. gmail slow search keystrokes

3. lag time keystrokes in gmail

4. gmail lag windows 10,
  5. keyboard lag on gmail