Windows 10: KHLY Question

Discus and support KHLY Question in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I put an ISO onto a USB stick using @khly rescue disk? The utility provided does CD/DVD? Many thanks for the help. Jon 87472 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by w1mnk, Jun 24, 2017.

1. w1mnk Win User

KHLY Question

How do I put an ISO onto a USB stick using @khly rescue disk? The utility provided does CD/DVD? Many thanks for the help.

Jon

:)

w1mnk, Jun 24, 2017

2. Windows 10 retail license key

I've been looking into possibly getting Windows 10. I found retail license keys being sold on eBay for extremely cheap (under $15). It
    seems like there would have to be some issue with these. However, I'm not sure what the problem could be. I've been doing some research. If I understand correctly, if it's retail then it cannot be OEM. Also, if it's retail, I understand it cannot be
    a volume license key. From what I understand, it cannot be MSDN, either. If it were simply pirated, then I don't see how it could be activated as they claim it can be. What am I missing? FWIW, it comes from Europe, but claims to be valid worldwide.

(Not linking to the eBay sale as I don't want to "promote" it if there is an issue with it. But what can you suggest to me based on the little info available?)

Edit: A possibility... could it potentially be resold to other parties and activated by them, but then if I reinstall (when enough activations have been done), I will be unable to reactivate again?

(Question), Jun 24, 2017
  3. ipv6 network loss( keeps disconnecting and when i repair says network protocal missing

ipv6 network loss( keeps disconnecting and when i repair says network protocol missing, but under property's it shows ipv 6 checked

Perfect Question, Jun 24, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

KHLY Question

I presume you mistyped 'khly' and meant Kyhi. If so, do what Kyhi does...

Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk

If you have downloaded the .iso you can mount it in File Explorer by double-clicking on it. Or click on it to select it, then click the 'Manage' tab where you'll find a 'Mount' button.

Now for the USB. Many USBs come formatted without a MBR (Master Boot Record), they don't need one to be useable. However, they have to have a MBR to be able to be marked Active. If you are familiar with Diskpart this can be used from the command line to prepare and format the USB to Fat32 and mark its partition Active.

Alternatively, the quick and easy way is to use Windows 10's 'Create a recovery drive'. This will format the USB as we require. Untick 'include system files', we're just interested in formatting the USB. When it's done, delete all the files and folders from the recovery drive.

Finally, just copy all the files and folders from the mounted .iso to your prepared USB.

5. cereberus Win User
    You only need to mark partition as active if installing as legacy bios. Not needed on most modern UEFI PCs.

cereberus, Jun 24, 2017
  6. w1mnk Win User
    I apologize for my spelling. Thanks to both for your bountiful information. I will be on it soon.
    Jon

w1mnk, Jun 24, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    True, but it's required if you want the USB to be bootable on any machine, legacy or otherwise. The Fat32 format is mandatory.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

KHLY Question

1. KHLY Question - Similar Threads - KHLY Question

2. I have a big question.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have a big question.: Yesterday accidentally I was browsing thru my storage and noticed I only have 40gb left.I decided to delete the temporary files and then clicked downloads,obviously i had a lot of things there and I didn t know it would delete downloads and I also deleted the recycle bin...
  3. I have a big question.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a big question.: Yesterday accidentally I was browsing thru my storage and noticed I only have 40gb left.I decided to delete the temporary files and then clicked downloads,obviously i had a lot of things there and I didn t know it would delete downloads and I also deleted the recycle bin...
  4. I have a big question.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Question about Microsoft Update Catalog informaiton

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Microsoft Update Catalog informaiton: I have a question regarding patch information in Microsoft Update Catalog site. For example KB4535680: Security update for Secure Boot DBX: January 12, 2021 - Microsoft Support , and in this article I can see KB45356803 has been superseded by KB5012170, but I cannot find...
  6. Question about Microsoft Update Catalog informaiton

Question about Microsoft Update Catalog informaiton: I have a question regarding patch information in Microsoft Update Catalog site. For example KB4535680: Security update for Secure Boot DBX: January 12, 2021 - Microsoft Support , and in this article I can see KB45356803 has been superseded by KB5012170, but I cannot find...
  7. Where is my question regarding “S Mode?”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is my question regarding “S Mode?”: I took the time to write a serious question regarding why I no longer have access to my laptop or my apps and I dont even see the question. I guess questions are censored. Wanted to know how in one day after update I can't use my laptop? Any help on this? Truly disappointing!...
  8. Where is my question regarding “S Mode?”

Where is my question regarding “S Mode?”: I took the time to write a serious question regarding why I no longer have access to my laptop or my apps and I dont even see the question. I guess questions are censored. Wanted to know how in one day after update I can't use my laptop? Any help on this? Truly disappointing!...
  9. Where is my question regarding “S Mode?”

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where is my question regarding “S Mode?”: I took the time to write a serious question regarding why I no longer have access to my computer or my apps and I dont even see the question. I guess questions are censored. Wanted to know how in one day after update I can't use my laptop? Any help on this? Truly...
  10. can someone please reply to my other question i need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can someone please reply to my other question i need help: please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-please-reply-to-my-other-question-i/d29d7208-7992-4e05-96f6-bee92f4e2c1f