Windows 10: Kickstart UWP app creation with Windows App Studio’s open source UWP..

Discus and support Kickstart UWP app creation with Windows App Studio’s open source UWP.. in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows App Studio is all about making it as easy as possible to build apps for Windows. The online tool helps you build apps with no coding required,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 4, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Kickstart UWP app creation with Windows App Studio’s open source UWP..

Source: Kickstart UWP app creation with Windows App Studio’s open source UWP libraries and Samples App | Building Apps for Windows

:)

Brink, May 4, 2016
  2. Andre Da Costa, May 4, 2016
  3. Why can't UWP apps retain set size and position on Desktop when opened from another UWP app?

This is a real thorn in my side. Whenever I open a UWP app from a link within another UWP app, the newly-opened one opens full-screen, and restoring it down takes it to the out-of-the-box square size, totally wiping out the previously-set size and position
    for that app. Click on the "Open Windows Defender Security Center" from Settings>Update & security>Windows Defender, and you'll see what I mean.

Is it a case of poor programming, or are UWP apps incapable of storing and utilizing the information regarding window size and position? Either way, it's just another item that makes me lean towards believing that UWP apps are inferior, and the trend of
    moving more and more over to UWP is quite troubling.

<moved from Windows Insider>

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

BarryG_961, May 4, 2016
Thema:

Kickstart UWP app creation with Windows App Studio’s open source UWP..

1. Kickstart UWP app creation with Windows App Studio’s open source UWP.. - Similar Threads - Kickstart UWP app

2. Windows 11 UWP apps not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 UWP apps not opening: Hello There,I have been trying to get my Notepad and Other UWP apps working with no success. I have ran DISM and SFC with no success and have even reset the Microsoft Store Cache. Please respond fast, as i need this computer....
  3. Windows 11 UWP apps not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 UWP apps not opening: Hello There,I have been trying to get my Notepad and Other UWP apps working with no success. I have ran DISM and SFC with no success and have even reset the Microsoft Store Cache. Please respond fast, as i need this computer....
  4. uwp apps not opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    uwp apps not opening: most of the universal windows platform apps windows store apps won't open on my pc for some reason, though system apps such as quick assist, windows defender, settings, and windows sandbox do open. is there a reason this happens and a fix for this issue? video demonstration:...
  5. UWP app game not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UWP app game not opening: A UWP app specifically Among Us won't open. I've tried terminating it, repairing it, resetting it, and uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing worked. It was working, but then it just crashed when I was using it, and when I tried to re-open it, it wouldn't open. The...
  6. Windows UWP apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows UWP apps: It is 2020, almost 5 years of Windows 10 and Microsoft redesigning the UWP app icons. But still now it icons are disappeared or Disappearing from taskbar. My Question to Microsoft, when you planed for a proper solution of this? as a windows 10 user and lover I am very...
  7. Update UWP App

in Windows 10 Support
    Update UWP App: This may have come with a LastPass install, but not sure. When booting this console window opens labeled like Thread Title. Cannot find how it is opening. Task Scheduler and AutoRuns checked. Scratching ass at this point as I never heard about Universal Apps while searching....
  8. UWP Apps not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UWP Apps not opening: Hello, I changed the permissions of the WindowsApps folder, as i was trying to edit some of the files, however now the apps will not open. I am sure that this is not due to me modifying any files. Is there a way to restore the permissions, or what permissions need to be...
  9. The Lifecycle of a UWP App

in Windows 10 News
    The Lifecycle of a UWP App: Lifecycle management in a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app is critical for the efficient use of battery power and memory. When done correctly, it allows the user to multitask between apps without needing to know anything about these resource optimizations. Today’s post...
  10. XAML Behaviors, open source and on UWP

in Windows 10 News
    XAML Behaviors, open source and on UWP: Your requests to grow the XAML Behaviors platform and bring them forward to support UWP app development have been heard. Today we announce the next step: XAML Behaviors natively supported for UWP and shipping as a NuGet package (for both native and managed projects)....