Windows 10: Kingston 4GB DataTraveler Write Protected

Discus and support Kingston 4GB DataTraveler Write Protected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I tried CMD, StorageDevicePolicies in Regedit but nothing. Still Write Protected, help. 39456 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Be4stElectrjc, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Kingston 4GB DataTraveler Write Protected

I tried CMD, StorageDevicePolicies in Regedit but nothing. Still Write Protected, help.

:)

Be4stElectrjc, Feb 1, 2016

2. Recognize DataTraveler after W10 update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Kingston DataTraveler Locker G3 drivers and check if it helps.
    Follow the steps provided, to uninstall and reinstall the display driver.

• Press Windows logo + X key.

• Click on Device Manager.

• Select for Kingston DataTraveler Locker G3
      drivers.

• Right click on it and click on
      Uninstall.

• After the uninstalling the drivers restart the computer. This should automatically install proper drivers for it.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 1, 2016
  3. Windows 10 USB Tool - Creates USB with "Missing Operating System"

I'm trying to create a USB stick that will have Windows 10 Pro with both the 32 & 64 bit flavors on it using the tool. I have an 8-gig Kingston DataTraveler SE08. The download tool will work the magic for a bit downloading the bits and then writing to
    the stick. However booting a computer up to the stick produced the "Missing Operating System" message from the stick.

I've reformatted the stick both using the GUI and DISKPART, same result. I'm sure the stick is not faulty. Only when using the tool. :/

Daniel Cayea, LMC, Feb 1, 2016
  4. Kingston 4GB DataTraveler Write Protected

I wouldn't give up hope yet, but I've had a few drives do this over the years and I ended up tossing them out. I believe there is a utility that can unlock some drives, but only ones using certain chipsets. Hopefully someone knows what I am talking about. I'll see if I can find it.

DeaconFrost, Feb 1, 2016
  5. Company says try killdisk, if it doesn't work throw it in the junk. I'am trying now that tool.
    It doesn't work, i'll buy a new usb flash drive.

Be4stElectrjc, Feb 1, 2016
  6. Go to reboot.pro and post your question there. The guys there are far more experienced in this kind of thing.

AnonVendetta, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Kingston 4GB DataTraveler Write Protected

1. Kingston 4GB DataTraveler Write Protected - Similar Threads - Kingston 4GB DataTraveler

2. Kingston DataTraveller / Windows 11 lost drive letter bug... still no fix???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kingston DataTraveller / Windows 11 lost drive letter bug... still no fix???: Hello all,I too am facing the Kingston DataTraveller / Windows 11 bug. I've scoured the internet, tried all the solutions. I tried the "idiot" solutions like, repartition the drive, reformat the drive, run chkdsk, and all the other pointless solutions. I tried more proper...
  3. Kingston DataTraveller / Windows 11 lost drive letter bug... still no fix???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kingston DataTraveller / Windows 11 lost drive letter bug... still no fix???: Hello all,I too am facing the Kingston DataTraveller / Windows 11 bug. I've scoured the internet, tried all the solutions. I tried the "idiot" solutions like, repartition the drive, reformat the drive, run chkdsk, and all the other pointless solutions. I tried more proper...
  4. Microsoft branded USB 4GB is permanently Read Only Write Protected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft branded USB 4GB is permanently Read Only Write Protected: Years ago, I bought a Windows OS with licence loaded onto a USB on which the swivelling cover / USB male end protector was branded "Microsoft Be what's next". From memory, after loading, the content on the USB was wiped but the USB, which now showed no data = 4GB empty...
  5. Issue with Kingston DataTraveler Vault Privacy Can't Unlock

Issue with Kingston DataTraveler Vault Privacy Can't Unlock: Getting error "Unable to locate the removable drive. Please remove and reinsert your DTVaultPrivacy." I'm using Windows 10, flash drive type - DTVP/32GB. Got these messages today, have 2 flash drives and they were fine a few weeks ago. Also, flash drives work on other PCs....
  6. Kingston Datatraveler 4G

Kingston Datatraveler 4G: How can I format a Kingston Datatraveler 4G. System doesn't recognize the drive at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kingston-datatraveler-4g/69c84f66-122e-4102-8c7a-29105bb22a00
  7. Kingston datatraveller 3.0 pendrive not working as 3.0

Kingston datatraveller 3.0 pendrive not working as 3.0: My new Kingston datatraveller 3.0 pendrive sometimes is detected as 3.0 pendrive in the usb 3.0 port and other times there is a notification that "The device can perform faster when connected to the usb 3.0"....
  8. Kingston datatraveler suddenly becomes write protected

Kingston datatraveler suddenly becomes write protected: Hi, I have a kingston usb flash drive datatraveler G4 64GB and out of the blue this drive is always popping up the "disc write protected error".The group policy that controls this is set to "not configured" also when i use diskpart it completes successfully but the disc is...
  9. Kingston Datatraveler 100 G2 4GB recognized as Disk Drive

Kingston Datatraveler 100 G2 4GB recognized as Disk Drive: I have tried almost everything with this drive but it still wont format, let me change the drive letter, change the name, or open it. Anyone have any idea whats wrong? i may have put an os on it with Rufus but not sure. 92231
  10. Kingston 4GB Pendrive do not work any more.

Kingston 4GB Pendrive do not work any more.: When I insert my pendrive in Laptop or Desktop PC, it shows on in My Computer but when I try to open it, it says " Please insert disk into USB Drive". When I right click on the drive and want to format, it says there is no disk in the drive. When I go into Disk Management- it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb datatraveller is write protected

2. data traveler 4gb write proteched

3. kingston data traveler 111 write protected

4. kingston datatraveler 4 gb write protected