Windows 10: Kingston Datatraveler 100 G2 4GB recognized as Disk Drive

Discus and support Kingston Datatraveler 100 G2 4GB recognized as Disk Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have tried almost everything with this drive but it still wont format, let me change the drive letter, change the name, or open it. Anyone have any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by glitchdweller, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Kingston Datatraveler 100 G2 4GB recognized as Disk Drive

I have tried almost everything with this drive but it still wont format, let me change the drive letter, change the name, or open it. Anyone have any idea whats wrong? i may have put an os on it with Rufus but not sure.

:)

glitchdweller, Aug 26, 2017
  2. cscroggs3 Win User

USB Memory Stick not recognized by Windows 10

Windows 10 will not recognize my USB memory stick (PNY 64gb) at all. The stick worked fine under windows 8.1, (! USB Device Not Recognized The last usb device you connected to this computer). My Kingston 8gb DataTraveler USB memory stick works fine with
    Windows 10 and Windows 8.1.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

cscroggs3, Aug 26, 2017
  3. Recognize DataTraveler after W10 update

1. The DataTraveler could be conflicting with a pre-assigned drive letter. To resolve, do the following (Do not do this for a "Privacy" drive that assigns two drive letters):

• 1. Insert the DataTraveler and right click the windows Icon.

2. Select “Disk Management” on the left window pane.

3. Locate the DataTraveler in the upper window pane (it might not show the name).

4. Right-click on the drive and select “Change Drive Letter and Paths.”

5. Click Change and select a new drive letter from the drop-down box. Then click OK.
    2. The DataTraveler may be conflicting with pre-installed software. Disable all applications running in the background prior to installation of the Data Traveler.

3. Make sure Windows, any USB controller drivers and the system BIOS for you computer is up to date.

4. If you have a desktop computer, make sure the DataTraveler is inserted directly into one of the main USB ports on the back of the PC. Front ports, keyboard ports or USB Hubs may not supply sufficient power for the High Speed DataTraveler to function properly.

5. Check for a possible conflict is another USB device such as a printer or USB card reader. Unplug the other USB device, insert the DataTraveler drive and restart the system. After the DataTraveler is configured you should then be able to connect the other
    USB device.

WinterSwiftWolf, Aug 26, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Kingston Datatraveler 100 G2 4GB recognized as Disk Drive

NavyLCDR, Aug 26, 2017
  5. yep.

glitchdweller, Aug 29, 2017
  6. glitchdweller, Aug 29, 2017
  7. Helmut Win User
    Helmut, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Kingston Datatraveler 100 G2 4GB recognized as Disk Drive

1. Kingston Datatraveler 100 G2 4GB recognized as Disk Drive - Similar Threads - Kingston Datatraveler 100

2. Kingston DataTraveller / Windows 11 lost drive letter bug... still no fix???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kingston DataTraveller / Windows 11 lost drive letter bug... still no fix???: Hello all,I too am facing the Kingston DataTraveller / Windows 11 bug. I've scoured the internet, tried all the solutions. I tried the "idiot" solutions like, repartition the drive, reformat the drive, run chkdsk, and all the other pointless solutions. I tried more proper...
  3. Kingston DataTraveller / Windows 11 lost drive letter bug... still no fix???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kingston DataTraveller / Windows 11 lost drive letter bug... still no fix???: Hello all,I too am facing the Kingston DataTraveller / Windows 11 bug. I've scoured the internet, tried all the solutions. I tried the "idiot" solutions like, repartition the drive, reformat the drive, run chkdsk, and all the other pointless solutions. I tried more proper...
  4. My Kingston DataTraveler 100 G3 is showing in Windows as a SCSI drive instead of USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Kingston DataTraveler 100 G3 is showing in Windows as a SCSI drive instead of USB: So, this drive was working as intended as a USB drive. I was using Rufus to make it a bootable USB for a linux server I was trying to test, but my computer Win10 blue-screened during that process. Since then, it has been showing as a SCSI drive in the Device Manager. I have...
  5. Issue with Kingston DataTraveler Vault Privacy Can't Unlock

Issue with Kingston DataTraveler Vault Privacy Can't Unlock: Getting error "Unable to locate the removable drive. Please remove and reinsert your DTVaultPrivacy." I'm using Windows 10, flash drive type - DTVP/32GB. Got these messages today, have 2 flash drives and they were fine a few weeks ago. Also, flash drives work on other PCs....
  6. Kingston Datatraveler 4G

Kingston Datatraveler 4G: How can I format a Kingston Datatraveler 4G. System doesn't recognize the drive at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kingston-datatraveler-4g/69c84f66-122e-4102-8c7a-29105bb22a00
  7. Kingston datatraveller 3.0 pendrive not working as 3.0

Kingston datatraveller 3.0 pendrive not working as 3.0: My new Kingston datatraveller 3.0 pendrive sometimes is detected as 3.0 pendrive in the usb 3.0 port and other times there is a notification that "The device can perform faster when connected to the usb 3.0"....
  8. Kingston datatraveler suddenly becomes write protected

Kingston datatraveler suddenly becomes write protected: Hi, I have a kingston usb flash drive datatraveler G4 64GB and out of the blue this drive is always popping up the "disc write protected error".The group policy that controls this is set to "not configured" also when i use diskpart it completes successfully but the disc is...
  9. Kingston 4GB DataTraveler Write Protected

Kingston 4GB DataTraveler Write Protected: I tried CMD, StorageDevicePolicies in Regedit but nothing. Still Write Protected, help. 39456
  10. Kingston 4GB Pendrive do not work any more.

Kingston 4GB Pendrive do not work any more.: When I insert my pendrive in Laptop or Desktop PC, it shows on in My Computer but when I try to open it, it says " Please insert disk into USB Drive". When I right click on the drive and want to format, it says there is no disk in the drive. When I go into Disk Management- it...