Windows 10: Kingston HyperX Cloud Headphones no longer work in Windows 10 after last update

Discus and support Kingston HyperX Cloud Headphones no longer work in Windows 10 after last update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a self-built computer which, among other things, uses a Gigabyte Z170X - Gaming 7 motherboard which incorporates a Creative Sound Blaster Recon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Keaweone K., Jul 8, 2018.

1. Kingston HyperX Cloud Headphones no longer work in Windows 10 after last update

I have a self-built computer which, among other things, uses a Gigabyte Z170X - Gaming 7 motherboard which incorporates a Creative Sound Blaster Recon 3Di chip for onboard sound. My headphones are plug-and-play and do not require drivers nor are they recognized in Windows. This was also true in Windows 7 in which they worked perfectly fine along with my speakers. I upgraded to Windows 10 on May 15th of this year and currently have Version 1803, Build 17134.112. Windows reports I am up to date as of yesterday with all patches.

After the last update my headphones simply stopped working. I checked the sound driver and it was for Windows 7, so I went to Creative's site and downloaded a newer version for Windows 10 and installed it. Still no sound from my headphones. I've tried plugging them into the front 3.5mm jacks and the ones on the "soundcard" in the back of the computer - no sound.

I ran the Windows troubleshooter for Playing Audio and it gives me a list of devices to troubleshoot; but of course, my headphones aren't listed because they require no driver. I doublechecked Creative's site for a newer sound driver and did indeed find one, so I uninstalled the old driver via Device Manager and installed the newer driver. Speakers still work flawlessly, no sound from headphones. I ensured they were not on mute, played with the volume knob on the headphones, no sound. I doublechecked to ensure the plugs were in the correct jacks and even tried switching them just in case - no sound. When they used to work, the speakers automatically cut off whenever I plugged them in; but now the speakers will continue to play.

I can't set my headphones as a default device because they're not recognized as a device by Windows. I have spoken with Kingston support and they have assured me this is normal as it's a plug-and-play device and not one which requires drivers. There is a list of 8 devices under Sound>Playback which include my monitor, 5 instances of "Digital Display Audio - AMD High Definition Audio Device" "Not plugged in", my speakers which are listed as Sound Blaster Recon 3Di and are the default device and SPDIF-Out also listed as SB Recon 3Di and "Ready".

Following this MS Support article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026994/windows-fix-sound-problems I checked to ensure audio enhancements were disabled. There is no "Enhancements tab", but I did find Signal Enhancements on the Advanced tab and the box to "Enable audion enhancements" was already clear. Lastly, again following the above MS Support article, there is no need for me to try a different audio format for my default device as, again, my speakers work flawlessly.

:)

Keaweone K., Jul 8, 2018

2. Kingston HyperX Cloud Inop after last Windows Update

Hi and Welcome to TenForums!

The HyperX Cloud headphones are a plug and play device, it's just a 3.5mm headphone jack and do not need a driver. It sounds like the update may have reconfigured your audio driver. Visit the manufacturer's website of your motherboard and install the latest driver for audio.

Masterchiefxx17, Jul 8, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Kingston Announces the HyperX Cloud Stinger Gaming Headset

HyperX, a division of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, solidifies its commitment to creating quality gaming gear for everyone with the release of the HyperX Cloud Stinger gaming headset. Designed to make even the most casual gamer feel like a pro, the HyperX Cloud Stinger features HyperX signature memory foam and 50mm directional drivers to deliver a comfortable, high-quality sound experience at an affordable price.

HyperX Cloud Stinger weighs just 275 grams and is built with 90-degree rotating ear cups to provide hours of comfort for console and PC gaming. The lightweight headset includes 50 mm directional drivers that are tilted to position sound directly into the ear, resulting in a broader and more accurate in-game sound. HyperX Cloud Stinger also offers a convenient set of features for gameplay, including a swivel to mute the microphone, an adjustable steel slider for long lasting durability, and volume controls on the headset.

Kingston HyperX Cloud Headphones no longer work in Windows 10 after last update 6a_thm.jpg

"Building on the success of HyperX Cloud Gaming Headsets designed for gamers of all skill levels, including professional eSports athletes, our new Cloud Stinger brings our quality to all players, no matter their budget or expertise," said Lawrence Yang, business manager, HyperX. "The Cloud Stinger rounds our line of Cloud Gaming Headsets to deliver consumers a broader range of premium in-game audio for gaming, music, entertainment, and more."

With optimal audio performance and sound quality, the HyperX Cloud Stinger ensures crisp and clear audio to help gamers quickly locate rivals for gameplay advantage across platforms. HyperX Cloud Stinger has multi-platform compatibility out-of-the-box with PC, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U and mobile devices.

"HyperX makes some truly great headsets, so when I tried out HyperX Cloud Stinger, I didn't expect anything less," said Gordon Hayward, professional NBA basketball player and avid gamer. "The sound quality is great. Whether traveling during the season, watching others battling it out online, or playing at home, HyperX Cloud Stinger is an all-star headset in its price class."

HyperX Cloud Stinger Key Features:
    • Lightweight Design - Minimal weight for enhanced comfort
    • Audio Precision - Optimal audio performance and sound quality
    • Adjustable Steel Slider - Long lasting durability and stability; high-quality build
    • Intuitive Volume Control - Easily accessible volume slider to adjust audio on the headset
    • Noise-Cancellation Microphone - Clear voice quality; conveniently flip the microphone to mute
    • Multi-Platform Compatibility - Enjoy comfort and enhanced audio experience on PC or console; plug into a mobile device2 and wear the headset on the go
    Additional HyperX Cloud Stinger Specifications:

Headphones
    • Driver: Dynamic, 50 mm with neodymium magnets
    • Type: Circumaural; closed back
    • Frequency response: 18Hz-23,000Hz
    • Impedance: 30 Ω
    • Sound pressure level: 102 ± 3dBSPL/mW at 1kHz
    • T.H.D: ≦ 2%
    • Input power: Rated 30mW, Maximum 500mW
    • Weight: 275g
    • Cable length and type: Headset (1.3m) + Extension Y-cable(1.7m)
    • Connection: Headset - 3.5mm plug (4 pole) + extension cable - 3.5mm stereo and mic plugs
    Microphone
    • Element: Electret condenser microphone
    • Polar pattern: Uni-directional, Noise-canceling
    • Frequency response: 50Hz~18,000Hz
    • Sensitivity: -40 dBV (0dB=1V/Pa,1kHz)

btarunr, Jul 8, 2018
  4. blabla21 Win User

Kingston HyperX Cloud Headphones no longer work in Windows 10 after last update

Microphone not working on Kingston HyperX Cloud

Hey guys.

Recently I've been trying to set up my mic on my headset Kingston HyperX Cloud (1 not 2), and have not succeeded, so I'm wondering if anyone can help me out here.

I've been trying to find the problem by googling it and I can't manage to find it all of them just say to make sure that the microphone is properly plugged in (which it is), make sure that the mute button is switched on the control box (which it is since I tried on both sides when switched).

I try to test it through many ways but it still I don't succeed.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks.

blabla21, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Kingston HyperX Cloud Headphones no longer work in Windows 10 after last update

1. Kingston HyperX Cloud Headphones no longer work in Windows 10 after last update - Similar Threads - Kingston HyperX Cloud

2. headphones stopped working after last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphones stopped working after last update: Head phones stopped working after last MS Update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-stopped-working-after-last-update/0d34d892-46bb-435f-826a-5d7b6f147d92
  3. HyperX cloud 3 Drivers/not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HyperX cloud 3 Drivers/not working: I got a new HyperX Cloud 3 headset for Christmas, I plugged it into my xbox series x controller and it works but When I plug the pc adapter into my pc it says "The drivers for this device are not installed" as shown in the screenshot I added from device manager. It's not...
  4. HyperX cloud 3 Drivers/not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HyperX cloud 3 Drivers/not working: I got a new HyperX Cloud 3 headset for Christmas, I plugged it into my xbox series x controller and it works but When I plug the pc adapter into my pc it says "The drivers for this device are not installed" as shown in the screenshot I added from device manager. It's not...
  5. Hyperx Cloud 2 not working on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyperx Cloud 2 not working on windows 11: Hello, i buyed a Hyperx Cloud 2 headset and it the michrophone doesent work. I tried so many times but no. Please someone help me. And it's official windows 11....
  6. Hyperx Cloud 2 not working on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyperx Cloud 2 not working on windows 11: Hello, i buyed a Hyperx Cloud 2 headset and it the michrophone doesent work. I tried so many times but no. Please someone help me. And it's official windows 11....
  7. HyperX Cloud Stinger Mic not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HyperX Cloud Stinger Mic not working: So let me explain this: Before the Windows update, it was working fine. It's a simple HyperX Cloud Stinger and it worked fine for a long while before the Windows 10 update. After the update it stopped working. The headset itself is fairly new about say 1 year or so maybe, it...
  8. HyperX Cloud Stinger Mic Is Not Working

HyperX Cloud Stinger Mic Is Not Working: Hello, I have recently bought a HyperX Cloud Stinger gaming headset and when i try to talk it doesn't pick up my voice. When I try to talk using discord it says that it doesn't detect an input device even though I plugged the cable to my microphone port. When I go to the...
  9. hyperx cloud 2 mic wont work after windows 10 free update

hyperx cloud 2 mic wont work after windows 10 free update: so i saw that windows 10 is now free.. so i did an update from my old version of win 10 to the new one.. it my mic just stop working... it shows it on the list also on the device manager and also in communication in sounds.. but its not working.. if i do a listen to this...
  10. Kingston HyperX Cloud Inop after last Windows Update

Kingston HyperX Cloud Inop after last Windows Update: I have a pair of the original Cloud 'phones which worked fine in Windows 7 and has worked fine in Windows 10 up until the last update. The original Clouds are not recognized by Windows by design and do not have nor need drivers. After the last time Windows updated I hear no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kingston hyperx headset windows 10

2. hyperx headphones die in windows 10

3. is kingston hyperx cloud stinger gaming headset compatible with windows 10

4. hyperx headset 3.5m cord windows 10 driver,
  5. no hyperx sound after windows update,
  6. do hyperx headsets have no drivers,
  7. my hyperx cloud 11 speaker on my head set does not work properly sound levels ok speaker level very low?