Windows 10: Kingston HyperX Cloud Inop after last Windows Update

Discus and support Kingston HyperX Cloud Inop after last Windows Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a pair of the original Cloud 'phones which worked fine in Windows 7 and has worked fine in Windows 10 up until the last update. The original... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FlynHawn, Jun 15, 2018.

1. FlynHawn Win User

Kingston HyperX Cloud Inop after last Windows Update

I have a pair of the original Cloud 'phones which worked fine in Windows 7 and has worked fine in Windows 10 up until the last update. The original Clouds are not recognized by Windows by design and do not have nor need drivers. After the last time Windows updated I hear no sound from my headphones. I can uninstall the last update, but #$%^& Windows 10 will just re-install it at the earliest opportunity. I'm at a loss as to how to fix this problem other than going back to Win 7..

:)

FlynHawn, Jun 15, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

Kingston Announces the HyperX Cloud Stinger Gaming Headset

HyperX, a division of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, solidifies its commitment to creating quality gaming gear for everyone with the release of the HyperX Cloud Stinger gaming headset. Designed to make even the most casual gamer feel like a pro, the HyperX Cloud Stinger features HyperX signature memory foam and 50mm directional drivers to deliver a comfortable, high-quality sound experience at an affordable price.

HyperX Cloud Stinger weighs just 275 grams and is built with 90-degree rotating ear cups to provide hours of comfort for console and PC gaming. The lightweight headset includes 50 mm directional drivers that are tilted to position sound directly into the ear, resulting in a broader and more accurate in-game sound. HyperX Cloud Stinger also offers a convenient set of features for gameplay, including a swivel to mute the microphone, an adjustable steel slider for long lasting durability, and volume controls on the headset.

Kingston HyperX Cloud Inop after last Windows Update 6a_thm.jpg

"Building on the success of HyperX Cloud Gaming Headsets designed for gamers of all skill levels, including professional eSports athletes, our new Cloud Stinger brings our quality to all players, no matter their budget or expertise," said Lawrence Yang, business manager, HyperX. "The Cloud Stinger rounds our line of Cloud Gaming Headsets to deliver consumers a broader range of premium in-game audio for gaming, music, entertainment, and more."

With optimal audio performance and sound quality, the HyperX Cloud Stinger ensures crisp and clear audio to help gamers quickly locate rivals for gameplay advantage across platforms. HyperX Cloud Stinger has multi-platform compatibility out-of-the-box with PC, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U and mobile devices.

"HyperX makes some truly great headsets, so when I tried out HyperX Cloud Stinger, I didn't expect anything less," said Gordon Hayward, professional NBA basketball player and avid gamer. "The sound quality is great. Whether traveling during the season, watching others battling it out online, or playing at home, HyperX Cloud Stinger is an all-star headset in its price class."

HyperX Cloud Stinger Key Features:
    • Lightweight Design - Minimal weight for enhanced comfort
    • Audio Precision - Optimal audio performance and sound quality
    • Adjustable Steel Slider - Long lasting durability and stability; high-quality build
    • Intuitive Volume Control - Easily accessible volume slider to adjust audio on the headset
    • Noise-Cancellation Microphone - Clear voice quality; conveniently flip the microphone to mute
    • Multi-Platform Compatibility - Enjoy comfort and enhanced audio experience on PC or console; plug into a mobile device2 and wear the headset on the go
    Additional HyperX Cloud Stinger Specifications:

Headphones
    • Driver: Dynamic, 50 mm with neodymium magnets
    • Type: Circumaural; closed back
    • Frequency response: 18Hz-23,000Hz
    • Impedance: 30 Ω
    • Sound pressure level: 102 ± 3dBSPL/mW at 1kHz
    • T.H.D: ≦ 2%
    • Input power: Rated 30mW, Maximum 500mW
    • Weight: 275g
    • Cable length and type: Headset (1.3m) + Extension Y-cable(1.7m)
    • Connection: Headset - 3.5mm plug (4 pole) + extension cable - 3.5mm stereo and mic plugs
    Microphone
    • Element: Electret condenser microphone
    • Polar pattern: Uni-directional, Noise-canceling
    • Frequency response: 50Hz~18,000Hz
    • Sensitivity: -40 dBV (0dB=1V/Pa,1kHz)

btarunr, Jun 15, 2018
  3. blabla21 Win User
    Microphone not working on Kingston HyperX Cloud

Hey guys.

Recently I've been trying to set up my mic on my headset Kingston HyperX Cloud (1 not 2), and have not succeeded, so I'm wondering if anyone can help me out here.

I've been trying to find the problem by googling it and I can't manage to find it all of them just say to make sure that the microphone is properly plugged in (which it is), make sure that the mute button is switched on the control box (which it is since I tried on both sides when switched).

I try to test it through many ways but it still I don't succeed.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks.

blabla21, Jun 15, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

Kingston Launches HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset

HyperX, a division of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the release of the HyperX Cloud gaming headset. HyperX Cloud features extremely comfortable ear cushions and larger audio drivers to give gamers ultimate comfort and superior sound during long game play sessions.

HyperX Cloud uses memory foam ear cushions and a soft, leather-padded headband with custom stitching for enhanced comfort and style. The over-the-ear, closed-cup design helps block out ambient noise for a more immersive game experience. Interchangeable velour ear cushions allow gamers to hear their surroundings while also delivering dialogue and every explosion and gunfire in clear, high-fidelity audio from the large 53mm drivers. HyperX Cloud also features a detachable microphone and is made of aluminum for durability.

Kingston HyperX Cloud Inop after last Windows Update hx-cloud-prod1_thm.jpg

Kingston HyperX Cloud Inop after last Windows Update hx-cloud-prod2_thm.jpg

Kingston HyperX Cloud Inop after last Windows Update hx-cloud-prod3_thm.jpg

"HyperX worked with Swedish manufacturer QPAD to create a headset that delivers comfort and superb sound for long game play. This is a winning combination as QPAD is known for high-quality gaming peripherals throughout Europe," said Lawrence Yang, business manager, HyperX. "We think the hours will pass by without notice as gamers wear the HyperX Cloud headset."

HyperX Cloud is compatible with PC and PS4 as well as smartphones and tablets. It is the official headset of Intel Extreme Masters, Alliance Gaming, CNB e-Sports Club, SK-Gaming and Team Liquid. HyperX Cloud is backed by a two-year warranty and legendary HyperX reliability.

btarunr, Jun 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Kingston HyperX Cloud Inop after last Windows Update - Similar Threads - Kingston HyperX Cloud

2. hyperx cloud 2 not enable 7.1 sound after an update windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hyperx cloud 2 not enable 7.1 sound after an update windows 11: i have a headset hyperx cloud2 wired after an update of windows 11 when active from controller 7.1 sound nothing change. I try everything about drivers or anything else to change usb port to update windows or the driver from device manager. nothing change. I try to another pc...
  3. hyperx cloud 2 not enable 7.1 sound after an update windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hyperx cloud 2 not enable 7.1 sound after an update windows 11: i have a headset hyperx cloud2 wired after an update of windows 11 when active from controller 7.1 sound nothing change. I try everything about drivers or anything else to change usb port to update windows or the driver from device manager. nothing change. I try to another pc...
  4. Laptop inoperative after Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop inoperative after Updates: 12/13/22. Installed Windows Updates & Restarted. Normally update & shutdown. Desktop now flashes between full display & Windows screen only no icons. No Start menu. Have tried to uninstall updates from that date. Should I try to uninstall from earlier date? No change in...
  5. Laptop inoperative after Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop inoperative after Updates: 12/13/22. Installed Windows Updates & Restarted. Normally update & shutdown. Desktop now flashes between full display & Windows screen only no icons. No Start menu. Have tried to uninstall updates from that date. Should I try to uninstall from earlier date? No change in...
  6. Laptop inoperative after Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Keyboard Inop after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard Inop after update: Have an HP laptop, was working fine UNTIL...pop up said I needed to update windows 10. Took over an hour to update. When it rebooted the last time and came up to the sign on screen the ALPHA portion of the keyboard is inoperative. Numeric portion works but not the alpha. I...
  8. HyperX Cloud 2 drivers changed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HyperX Cloud 2 drivers changed: Hello, I noticed today that my USB headset drivers have changed from usual "HyperX 7.1 audio" to "HyperX Virtual Surround Sound" drivers. For some reason it gives me option to control microphone gain level via slider. I couldn't do this with previous drivers and I'm wondering...
  9. Kingston HyperX Cloud Headphones no longer work in Windows 10 after last update

Kingston HyperX Cloud Headphones no longer work in Windows 10 after last update: I have a self-built computer which, among other things, uses a Gigabyte Z170X - Gaming 7 motherboard which incorporates a Creative Sound Blaster Recon 3Di chip for onboard sound. My headphones are plug-and-play and do not require drivers nor are they recognized in Windows....
  10. Firmware update for HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset

Firmware update for HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset: Re HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset There have been a few issues with the 7.1 surround not behaving properly for this headset There is an update that hopefully should resolve these issues ShareFile there are full instructions in the zip file 37003