Windows 10: KIOSK Workstation questions

Discus and support KIOSK Workstation questions in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, i'm a sysadmin for a facility. We have alot of users that have their own personal Windows accounts that are controlled through our active... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Jayman193, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Jayman193 Win User

KIOSK Workstation questions

Hello, i'm a sysadmin for a facility. We have alot of users that have their own personal Windows accounts that are controlled through our active directory and on the domain. Some of these work stations are soley KIOSK machines. Where you boot up and it automatically logs you in. As of late, when you go to boot up the machine it dosen't go straight into the KIOSK windows profile, it asks you to login, whether it be the KIOSK profile or your own personalized profile. That's a problem within itself and if someone knows the answer to that it would be swell.

The bigger question I have is when you do try and login as a different user that isn't a "Admin" account, you get this message. I'm wondering what kind of settings I would need to change in order to grant access to the users without having to give them admin rights or add them to the admin group. I added a picture of the kind of error message that we get.

Thanks in advance!

:)

Jayman193, Jun 28, 2016
  2. jc1008 Win User

Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, or Education upgrade

I have a Winbook w700 tablet which I would like to set up in kiosk mode to use as an educational kiosk. It has Windows 10 home loaded on it and the Home version apparently is not compatible wit the kiosk functionality. SO I would like to upgrade to Windows
    10 Pro in order to use the Kiosk function. I am having trouble getting windows pro loaded.

Does anyone have a solution? The ultimate goal is to have a kiosk application that allows for a full lockout screen so that the display cannot be modified from the desired kiosk page.

Thank you

jc1008, Jun 28, 2016
  3. Jonas Flo Win User
    Jonas Flo, Jun 28, 2016
Thema:

KIOSK Workstation questions

1. KIOSK Workstation questions - Similar Threads - KIOSK Workstation questions

2. Kiosk Setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kiosk Setup: Hi all, I am looking to set up two computers that public visitors can use to simply fill out an online application we use. So I want them to be able to just walk up and use the edge browser to do so.I've never used kiosk mode before, and to be perfectly honest, didn't even...
  3. kiosk mode

in Windows 10 Support
    kiosk mode: I want to setup kiosk mode to control applications that the users can use , I followed the below url to setup it , however , I can't find chrome browser in the application list , therefore , I would like to ask how to control the user can use chrome browser or not ? another...
  4. Question about kiosk mode on windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about kiosk mode on windows 10: Hello, I want to set up a kiosk and I wanted to know, if I make one of my existing users a kiosk will I be able to return it to normal when I remove the kiosk mode for it? Or will I need to create a new user just for kiosk in order to keep my existing user? Thanks submitted...
  5. Kiosk

in Windows 10 Customization
    Kiosk: When I tend to remove the Kiosk account, It is popping up try making you changes again, something went wrong...So i cant open kiosk and also i can't remove it please help me on this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kiosk/4b982453-574c-4b05-933a-1347e323b6d6
  6. KIOSK MODE

KIOSK MODE: Good Day, Is it possible to run any application type in KIOSK mode for Enterprise or Education versions? I tried to run Visual Studio Code in KIOSK mode only the black background can be seen using Windows Imaging and configuration design and I was deprived User...
  7. kiosk mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    kiosk mode: how do I remove the kiosk mode from my xplane11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kiosk-mode/228bbfb6-fed9-46b9-9244-cccf66bb4cda
  8. Kiosk

Kiosk: I recently made a kiosk account, however when I did ctrl + alt + delete it took me to the sign in Page, but no where to sign into a different account so I can't log out of this kiosk account, what do i do?...
  9. Question Regarding Windows 10 Pro for Workstation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question Regarding Windows 10 Pro for Workstation: I have a PC which I'll be upgrading to v1903 that is running Windows 10 Pro for Workstations. Is the upgrade process the same as any other upgrade? I typically use the Windows media creation tool but is there a specific ISO or any special steps the differ from other versions...
  10. Windows 10 Professional for Workstations - NIC Bonding Question?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Professional for Workstations - NIC Bonding Question?: Hi Does anyone know if Windows 10 Professional for Workstations supports NIC Bonding? I can do it with my Windows Server 2016 system, but want to update a cousin/other box to W 10 Pro for Workstation if that feature is available. Anyone know? Thanks, Stephen 95717