Windows 10: Kmode exception not handled. fvevol.sys

Discus and support Kmode exception not handled. fvevol.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My father is also having BSOD's with this same error message KMODE exception not handled. I built him a pc a few years back based on an Asrock Z77... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ron99, Aug 10, 2015.

1. axe0 New Member

Kmode exception not handled. fvevol.sys

Please create a new thread for your problem, this makes it easier for us to help you.

2. essenbe Win User

I don't really think there is a risk. The only thing that could happen is you may have trouble booting into your OS, but I don't think so. You can change it back when you finish running memtest86+. It's difficult to tell. All the OEM Manufacturers lock down their BIOS's so much, you have limited options. You have many more options on a Retail Motherboard. When you are in UEFI mode, Windows will only boot from a Windows Boot Manager partition. Changing it should make your USB drive with Memtest86+ show up as a boot option. If your OS won't boot with those options, you should be able to just change it back to UEFI mode. Try these instructions

Please Run Memtest86+

Kmode exception not handled. fvevol.sys [​IMG]

Kmode exception not handled. fvevol.sys [​IMG]
    Information Please download from this site only Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool in the middle of the page are the Download links, you can download the ISO.zip or the Auto USB Flash Drive installer.zip Extract the Zip file. If you chose the ISO image, burn it to a CD using Windows Disk Image Burner or any Image burner you may have. If you downloaded the Auto USB installer, extract it, insert your USB 2.0 Flash Drive and take note of the drive letter. Run the installer, select the Flash Drive Letter, check the format box and press next. It will install memtest86+ to a flash drive. You can use either V4.20 or V5.01. Boot from your selected media. If you use V5.01 it will tell you to press certain buttons at the start, please press no buttons. The test will begin on it's own and continue to run until you stop it. It needs to run for 8 complete passes or until you receive an error. If you receive an error, stop the test. Even 1 error is a fail. Each pass tests a different part of the ram and each of the 10 tests in each pass tests something different. It takes a minimum of 8 passes to completely test the ram, more passes are better. It is quite a long test and will take several hours depending on how much ram you have. Due to the time length it is best to run overnight. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask

essenbe, Oct 28, 2015
  3. Sorry, we were having multiple BSOD's with kmode exception not handled, and in the BSOD Posting Instructions sticky it says:

NOTE: Please do not create duplicate threads and posts on the same issue.

Should I still make a new thread?

Camberwell, Oct 28, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

I bet a lot of people are getting multiple BSOD's with kmode exception not handled, but the core issue is different.

5. OK no problem, I will make a new thread. Thanks!

Camberwell, Oct 28, 2015
  6. Ron99 Win User
    I don't really think there is a risk. The only thing that could happen is you may have trouble booting into your OS, but I don't think so. You can change it back when you finish running memtest86+. It's difficult to tell.
    UNQUOTE

Ok. will try this weekend. In case I have some trouble that is when I don't bother too much not having the pc.

Thank you.

BTW: I have been free of bsod for 48h now!!??
    Perhaps, after having uninstalled most old (2012, 2013) software.??
    Will see....

Ron99, Oct 29, 2015
  7. essenbe Win User
    By 'having trouble', if you mean your computer won't boot into your OS, then change that bios setting back and you should be fine.

Great news about being BSOD free. Whatever you and @axe0 decide is fine with me. I would think you may want to wait a few days to see if your problem is resolved.

essenbe, Oct 29, 2015
  8. Ron99 Win User

Yes, that was what I meant.
    I'll post any news.
    Thanks
    Kmode exception not handled. fvevol.sys :)

Ron99, Oct 29, 2015
  9. Ron99 Win User
    Sorry to say that I have had 3 more bsod after my last optimistic post.

And as the MemTest; 10 passes and 0 errors.

Change to Legacy, and back to UEFI was no problem at all.

Thank you for your continued efforts!!

Ron99, Oct 31, 2015
  10. essenbe Win User
    Your errors are still the Bitlocker Encryption Driver. Try disabling Bitlocker for a while and see if that makes it run any better. You also only had 1 dump file.

What version of ESET are you running? You need 9.0.141.0. The earlier versions don't run on Windows 10 very well. Also, an AV can have issues with an encryption program, I believe.

essenbe, Oct 31, 2015
  11. Ron99 Win User
    I have already tried that. (bitlocker) Even uncrypted both partitions and next days newly created.

ESET is up to date as 8.0.319.1, but it is Eset Smart Security, not the basic Eset NOD AV
    I have never has any problem with Bitlocker, (at least a year) until going W8.1 to W10.
    What surprises me too, is that de bitlocker driver I found is still on versión 1.0.0?? (iaStorA.sys)

Ron99, Oct 31, 2015
  12. essenbe Win User
    IaStor is Intel's Rapid Storage Technology, basically Intel's Raid Driver, but it also contains their AHCI driver. The driver that always shows for you is

Code: Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8006949ca83, 1, 14} Probably caused by : fvevol.sys ( fvevol!AcquireRequestResources+213 ) Followup: MachineOwner[/quote] fvevol is the bitlocker Encryption Driver. There have been reports of bitlocker causing problems when the OS was upgraded from one OS to another. There were a lot of problems when Windows 8 came out and people upgraded 7 to 8. I'm not saying that is your problem, just worth a look.

I have ESET Smart Security too. When Windows 10 came out there were a lot of problems with their programs. Really with everyone's AV programs. Their Windows 10 version is version 9. They have excellent tech support. I would suggest calling/emailing them and ask. I noticed several errors from ESET in your Windows error reports. egui.exe was listed in 11 of the last 12 errors. egui.exe is ESET Smart Security.

essenbe, Oct 31, 2015
  13. essenbe Win User

essenbe, Oct 31, 2015
  14. axe0 New Member
    Ron99, when you upgraded to Windows 10, have you removed ESET before the upgrade?
    Not removing 3rd party AV's before upgrading causes problems which can be solved by removing the AV and reinstalling the AV.

15. Ron99 Win User
    I have done as you suggested, and uninstalled AV.
    When reinstalling, -- Surprise-- there WAS a versión 9 available!! However my formerly installed versión 8 stated is as totally up to date grrr.

Anyway: One more ítem changed. Waiting for next event.

Thanks!

Ron99, Nov 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Kmode exception not handled. fvevol.sys - Similar Threads - Kmode exception handled

2. KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: I receive this error just randomly when I'm using my laptop. I tried resetting my laptop but the error just comes up on the process of resetting so my laptop quits the resetting process. My laptop is Acer A515-56G....
  3. kmode exception not handled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    kmode exception not handled: I have been getting random errors that have been causing BSOD on my computer. There has been IRQL not less or equal, stop mode exception, and kmode exception not handled. I have no idea what is causing these issues. Always happens while playing games as well and graphics...
  4. Kmode exception not handled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kmode exception not handled: I have been getting this error called Kmode exception not handled this always results in a blue screen of death. Is there anyway to prevent this from happening I have updated all drivers and I’m currently testing ram to see if that is bad....
  5. Kmode exception not handled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Kmode exception not handled: I have been getting this error called Kmode exception not handled this always results in a blue screen of death. Is there anyway to prevent this from happening I have updated all drivers and I’m currently testing ram to see if that is bad....
  6. KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: My computer receives a BSOD and error with this every 10-15 minutes or so and I am trying to diagnose the root cause. I have the Memory.DMP if it would be helpful....
  7. KMODE/SYSTEM EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED- igdk64md64.sys

KMODE/SYSTEM EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED- igdk64md64.sys: I've been having BSOD problems for a little while and the cause is always igdkmd64.sys My laptop is an Acer Predator 17 inch running Windows 10x64 I attached the W7F zipped folder. Thank you for your help.
  8. KMODE exception not handle

KMODE exception not handle: When in game i get KMODE exception not handle at random times sometimes straight off sometimes a few hours. And when it happens my computer cant boot up properly it start shut downing and reboting while screen stays black. Problem started happening when lose of power...
  9. KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: IntelR CoreTM i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz 4.50 GHz ASROCK P67 PRO3 Fresh install, checked on 2 harddrives. Second Windows install. Still got KMODE error. Any ideas how to fix this? WhoCrashed analyze: On Wed 25.11.2020 20:28:33 your computer crashed or a problem was...
  10. KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: Hi, I got the KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Blue Screen but no more information than that. Most articled i have read say there should be more information on the blue screen but there is not. I had not turned on this computer for about three weeks since I was not in that...